Thread: What do you/would you ride?

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default What do you/would you ride?

So, just curious what people like to ride these days. In terms of deck size, shape, brand, does it matter to you?
    I can't say when just yet but it would be fun to try some kind of skate shop setup, if only to have it online.
    -Research and development...
    Obviously the bigger it got, the bigger it could go. Take on designs and what not.
    I have been in dire need of something to put all of time and ideas into and I think this is it.
    The idea would be to have my own brand that I market, if people dig that shit and buy product then Fluck It could be in the online store also.
    My first thought was to just have it be all Fluck It, Get our footage organized.. Have some dope skating from all over, Community operated and funded.
    That didn't generate any buzz at all though.. does this? Am I barking up the wrong tree?
    I could've sworn this was something people were talking about at one point.
    Have the brand, with all the artists in the community contributing.
    If not it's cool, I'll go do my own thing with some locals.. I know a few dudes.

PSN
    Ellishobbs27

I used to ride smaller boards (like 8's and then moved up to 8.25's) but I've recently really liked the control of the 8.5 boards.

So currently my setup is a size 8.5 creature deck with tuff sheet griptape, random ass hardware all different kinds idek, some year old silver thunder 149's i believe, some spitfire wheels that started out size 54 but are like size 39 rn haha, and various random bearings.

I think that shoes are almost as important as the board setup, if not more important imo. I love pretty much any vulcanized vans shoe, especially the era pros.

Were you thinking more about a distributing online shop? or like an actual board brand?
    A distributing shop is probably better for profits in the long run.
    However if you are talking about like an individual board brand, def. make bigger boards, bc those are in right now.
    "Release your inner homo" - Valleyboy420

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
    I used to ride smaller boards (like 8's and then moved up to 8.25's) but I've recently really liked the control of the 8.5 boards.

So currently my setup is a size 8.5 creature deck with tuff sheet griptape, random ass hardware all different kinds idek, some year old silver thunder 149's i believe, some spitfire wheels that started out size 54 but are like size 39 rn haha, and various random bearings.

I think that shoes are almost as important as the board setup, if not more important imo. I love pretty much any vulcanized vans shoe, especially the era pros.

Were you thinking more about a distributing online shop? or like an actual board brand?
    A distributing shop is probably better for profits in the long run.
    However if you are talking about like an individual board brand, def. make bigger boards, bc those are in right now.
    Yeah, I've gone up in board size myself.
    I was just planning on making my own company, distributing other brands is a thought though.
    I'm not sure what the prices would run for but I picture having board manufactures send you boards and having it painted would be cheaper.
    I have a bunch of research to do though, been talking to one potential partner here recently. It does interest me.
    I imagine marketing the products will be a really fun time, filming skating.

I figure before I jump in head first I would meet some of the guys already making things happen.
    I've had brief encounters with Andy Schrock but haven't really got to know the dude or see what it takes to keep something like that going.
    If you don't know him, Revenge/Revive Skateboarding or Braille Skateboarding, when Revive isn't traveling they are a local skateboarding company.
    So this is part of my inspiration, people around me are doing it easily. It would be super cool to learn from them or even just have connections for a startup.

We'll see.. I cant tell if anyone here even cares though haha, Havent got much response on these things.

Also, I cant tell if Abc1234 is a troll or not.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I have looked into it myself aroud my area...

I can get boards in and screen printed with 4 colours, and by that point it comes in at around £35, which is the same price as a old graphic pro board or a shop deck, so without going bulk and getting the price down that way there isnt much room for profit, but it still tempts me as it'd be awesome to have the homies riding around on something that was ours.

We should have a chat on XBOX sometime Antwan because me and some friends are in a similar mindset to you it may seem...

XBL
    emericaridr11

Late to the Party!!
    Toy Machine Deck 8" mellow/flat concave (Krooked 8.06" deck on back up, nice steep concave) - Indy Standard 303 Shop Collab Trucks 139 (Royal Standard Black 5" on back up) - Reds Super Bones Bearings - Autobahn Appleyard Wheels 83b - usually Mob Grip no graphics, but sometimes just the free Jessup or MiniLogo

yeah this is something my brother and I have talked about ALOT, and we have decided that if the Graphics were on point then we could sell some decks to some locals here in Colorado for sures

I happen to ride size 8 decks, but I only have 9.5 shoes so it seems about right to me (might move up to 8.125 for shits and gigs), but Im also positive that Im the only one on the face of this earth who rides size 8 decks and rides accels......
    Big decks and skinny shoes are HUGE right now, Ive seen kids with size 8 shoes ride size 8.75 decks, its insane but they love it

I have also noticed that our local shops are starting to not even have anything under size 8inch decks, shame cause I have had to pass on great graphics due to size being way to big.....
    another thing is that Coffin Decks are making a HUGE comeback (I don't agree with it but they back, damn Welcome fucked that one up)

Sk8factory and Boardpusher does Custom Graphics on what they claim is non Imported Decks, but the graphics all look super glossy and I'm getting mixed reviews on the actual quality of the decks, but the prices for Unlimited Colors on prints seems to good to be true (if you buy mad bulk you can get them for $12-$15 a deck... sell them for $35 tops, def not a great profit but it can be there... or you can test 2 decks for $60 that's $30 each for a test, not bad I suppose for custom)

I want to try Sk8factory myself so maybe when I do here in a month or so (takes long time to get custom decks in) I will come back and let you know if the quality is on point (which I doubt it is)

Im into the idea though no doubt been thinking something similar here in Colorado, skating is becoming somewhat popular here again.... its rad actually
    Last edited by emericaridr11; 06-27-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Steam
    skategunner
    PSN
    freeZeskates
    XBL
    XfreeZe

my three latest board i have been going up and down in size and shape. had a 8.6 alien workshop with a square tail. after that i went with a welcome with some kinda normal ish shape that was 8.5 wide. tbh there decks feel low quality as hell since they lose pop real quick. now i am back on a palace 8.4 which i find to be the perfect balance between some tranny skating and street skating. So really my point is 8.4 is like my perfect size!
    Cleanery Bud!

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

I didnt actually post mine. I have two setups, ones the all-rounder and one is abit more trick orientated...

All-Rounder:
    Board: Almost Mullen 7.6 (black and grey rings design) with the carbon fibre "support" tech stuff.
    Trucks: Krux K4
    Wheels: Rat-Bones 60mm 90a (2008 re-issue)
    Breaings: Spitfire Cheapshots

This board is fast, thin board, big wheels, it moves! Very agile for weaving through traffic and pedestrians. Only downside is the wheels stick out the smallest bit past the board, meaning if you aint careful you can run the wheel into the inside edge of your shoe on a push, and spin yourself out!

Trick Board:
    Board: Cliche Flo Mirtain 7.75 (orange and purple aztec style design) with the carbon fibre "support" tech stuff.
    Trucks: Grind Kings (back from 2001, had the refurbished by an alloy wheel repair shop, look like new again and now in matching colours to the board and wheels)
    Wheels: Orange Bones Rough Riders 54mm 60A (softest, yet best wheel I have ever skated... No powerslides or scoop rounds though!)
    Breaings: Alien Workshop Abec 7's (the purple ones)

Havnt skated this actual setup yet. This will be put together and broken in for the first day of the skate trip I have in 2 weeks! But I can tell you the Rough Rider wheels are my new favourite wheel ever. Nothing, I mean NOTHING stops you, stones just fly out infront of you, you bounce over the largest cracks and gaps without know they are there. And they really are an All-Terrain wheel, grass and mud is no problem. If you ever get the chance, I suggest you try them out!