None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Default Cap Card Advice??

Hey guys how's things? , I've recently been looking into buying a cap card and I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amount of products available. I've been swaying towards the AVerMedia Game Capture HD
    (C281) as the reviews say it's somewhat easier than others for beginners to get to grips with. I have no experience using a cap card at all , kinda hoping you guys will shed some light on what's the best all rounder for me to buy. Also , what are you using for editing the captured clips together?
    Legacy!!

Minglin'
    XBL
    SUSMADECPD

don tbuy a grabby terratec

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Haven't came across that name yet bro , the one I'm looking at I can purchase for £15 second hand not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol
    Legacy!!

XBL
    SKATAN 81

i also herd good things about the new aver media 60fps ( the old ones suckd ) ... the new happauge 60 fps is really good people say ..

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Cheers H I appreciate your input fella. I seen the Hauppauge 1482 HD PVR 2
    Capture B. Not sure if that's the same one your pointing out. (gonna go check) I can pick the Hauppauge I stated above up for under £40 again that's second hand. What software are you using for editing? I see some cap cards if not all come with their own software built in. Is that the best to use for said product?. Basically I'm needing something a beginner won't get lost in but at the same time has quality that you guys have
    Legacy!!

XBL
    SKATAN 81

new capcards are easy to use compared to the old ones . iuse sony vegas 13 now .. but its not so easy to get .... the cap card comes with his own software to capture and edit . but you could use a total diffrent capcard software if you want . http://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...h=799&biw=1600

if you have a pc tower ... i would say get a card for thats because they are by fare the best ones

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

i had the avermedia c281 it was great it is a component device that records on to a usb. The bit rate on the clips is kinda bad but it isnt horrible. It made it easier for me to edit them on my computer (which was nice because mine isn't anything high powered). As far as editing goes I like to use sony vegas and some premiere. After effects I use sometimes as well if I am doing some special effects or something for a video that I would be working on.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

XBL
    emericaridr11

Mac or PC?

the Happauge's are a good choice for really any PCs (as long as your computer can handle the output, sometimes 1080p can be a bit too much for some machines)

Happauge HD PVR's
    - above the 1212 version, even though the 1212 version is still being used by many peeps
    - works with damn near every PC, unless your specs are boogus
    - now have 1080p 60fps Versions

Elgato (both)
    - both versions seem to be decent... kind of odd heavy saturation on the older ones, some do break often though I hear
    - nice and small, pretty cool recording software for PC
    - 1080p 60fps for the Elgato HD60

Avermedia Game Capture HD
    - nice card, I know a few peeps who have one and they recommend it
    - can save to a internal HardDrive, don't need computer to save clips

Avermedia Portable
    - dont know much about this but the quality tests on youtube looks good

so you got plenty of choices for sures, just gotta do some Youtube Test watching and make sure to read all the comments too, they do actually give out good info as well

and I promise you that your smart enough to not have to worry about never using a CapCard before, its all easy and cheesy