None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Default Cap Card Advice??

Hey guys how's things? , I've recently been looking into buying a cap card and I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amount of products available. I've been swaying towards the AVerMedia Game Capture HD
    (C281) as the reviews say it's somewhat easier than others for beginners to get to grips with. I have no experience using a cap card at all , kinda hoping you guys will shed some light on what's the best all rounder for me to buy. Also , what are you using for editing the captured clips together?
    Legacy!!

Minglin'
    XBL
    SUSMADECPD

don tbuy a grabby terratec

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Haven't came across that name yet bro , the one I'm looking at I can purchase for £15 second hand not sure if that's a good or bad thing lol
    Legacy!!

XBL
    SKATAN 81

i also herd good things about the new aver media 60fps ( the old ones suckd ) ... the new happauge 60 fps is really good people say ..

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Cheers H I appreciate your input fella. I seen the Hauppauge 1482 HD PVR 2
    Capture B. Not sure if that's the same one your pointing out. (gonna go check) I can pick the Hauppauge I stated above up for under £40 again that's second hand. What software are you using for editing? I see some cap cards if not all come with their own software built in. Is that the best to use for said product?. Basically I'm needing something a beginner won't get lost in but at the same time has quality that you guys have
    Legacy!!

XBL
    SKATAN 81

new capcards are easy to use compared to the old ones . iuse sony vegas 13 now .. but its not so easy to get .... the cap card comes with his own software to capture and edit . but you could use a total diffrent capcard software if you want . http://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...h=799&biw=1600

if you have a pc tower ... i would say get a card for thats because they are by fare the best ones

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

i had the avermedia c281 it was great it is a component device that records on to a usb. The bit rate on the clips is kinda bad but it isnt horrible. It made it easier for me to edit them on my computer (which was nice because mine isn't anything high powered). As far as editing goes I like to use sony vegas and some premiere. After effects I use sometimes as well if I am doing some special effects or something for a video that I would be working on.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

XBL
    emericaridr11

Mac or PC?

the Happauge's are a good choice for really any PCs (as long as your computer can handle the output, sometimes 1080p can be a bit too much for some machines)

Happauge HD PVR's
    - above the 1212 version, even though the 1212 version is still being used by many peeps
    - works with damn near every PC, unless your specs are boogus
    - now have 1080p 60fps Versions

Elgato (both)
    - both versions seem to be decent... kind of odd heavy saturation on the older ones, some do break often though I hear
    - nice and small, pretty cool recording software for PC
    - 1080p 60fps for the Elgato HD60

Avermedia Game Capture HD
    - nice card, I know a few peeps who have one and they recommend it
    - can save to a internal HardDrive, don't need computer to save clips

Avermedia Portable
    - dont know much about this but the quality tests on youtube looks good

so you got plenty of choices for sures, just gotta do some Youtube Test watching and make sure to read all the comments too, they do actually give out good info as well

and I promise you that your smart enough to not have to worry about never using a CapCard before, its all easy and cheesy

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Wow! that's exactly what is was looking for E , cheers for the in-depth breakdown that'll help me decide which to get.

Coast - thanks man I was kinda swaying towards the c281 but really liking the Hauppauge prouducts too , both seem reasonably priced.

I'll be using a standard laptop nothing extravagant (think it's a Samsung) will there be any problems with that? I've got an external harddrive too (1tb) not sure if that's useful?

Cheers again for the replies , it's appreciated lads.
    Legacy!!

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

Quote Originally Posted by Doco View Post
    Wow! that's exactly what is was looking for E , cheers for the in-depth breakdown that'll help me decide which to get.

Coast - thanks man I was kinda swaying towards the c281 but really liking the Hauppauge prouducts too , both seem reasonably priced.

I'll be using a standard laptop nothing extravagant (think it's a Samsung) will there be any problems with that? I've got an external harddrive too (1tb) not sure if that's useful?

Cheers again for the replies , it's appreciated lads.
    i upgraded to a hdpvr 2 and I love it. Just make sure you get it new so you can get arcsoft show biz. The quality when you record it with arc soft seems to be a lot better compared to the other software that hapauge came out for it. Only down side is that it takes longer to record with the arcsoft software.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Thanks for the heads up Coast I'll maybe just put the extra penny's towards a brand new one , either way I'll have a cap card this pay day coming (Wednesday). I'm actually pretty excited man.
    Legacy!!

Banned

elgato is the only way

Awful Awfuls!
    PSN
    Doggdx666

Honestly my favorites are
    1. Razer ripsaw

Product Features
    Compatible with your existing game system
    Plug and play with PC, Razer Forge TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and Wii U

Superb quality
    Easily broadcasts to popular streaming platforms in crisp clear 1080p at up to 60 frames per second.

Stream over USB 3.0
    Captures your game footage as uncompressed raw data and streams it on with near-to-zero latency over USB 3.0. No screen tearing, no artifacts, just ultra-smooth streaming.

Professional-grade second audio mix-in
    Plug in an aux-in music source or mic-in capable microphone to the Razer Ripsaws second audio mix-in channel to conveniently layer your stream with commentary, or the right companion music track.

Compatible with popular streaming software
    Designed to work with industry leaders like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) and XSplit, giving you access to a wide range of powerful tools to produce captivating content.

PC System Requirements
    Windows 10/8.1/7; USB 3.0 port; Intel Core i5-4440 3.10GHz or above; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 and above; 4GB RAM or above.

2. Elgato

Product Features
    Functions: Video Game Capturing

Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Platform Supported: Mac, PC

Host Interface: USB 2.0

HDMI: Yes

Form Factor: External

Height: 0.7"

Width: 4.4"

Depth: 3"

Weight (Approximate): 3.74 oz

They both are good in there own right my favorite is the razer ripsaw though

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Thanks everyone for your input , I originally bought the AVerMedia c285 and it came with no cables to hook it up so I then sent it back and ordered the AVerMedia c281 which came with no remote control (it's essential) needless to say that pissed me off and got sent back too! I've now went for the Elgato HD 60 a little more expensive but hoping I can actually start to shoot some clips with you guys! cheers folks
    Legacy!!

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Doco View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input , I originally bought the AVerMedia c285 and it came with no cables to hook it up so I then sent it back and ordered the AVerMedia c281 which came with no remote control (it's essential) needless to say that pissed me off and got sent back too! I've now went for the Elgato HD 60 a little more expensive but hoping I can actually start to shoot some clips with you guys! cheers folks
    should be a good choice there

Yes You Can!

I just got my HDPVR2. Seems ArcSoft discountinued Showbiz, anyone got some crack?

Yes You Can!

Uh I'm on a mac mostly.

XBL
    emericaridr11

maybe look into "EyeTv", that's what I use with my old PVR 1212 on Mac

Yes You Can!

Thanks, dude. The HDPVRCapture works fine I think.. Did you buy the Elgato, Doco?
    I really want to play now. Unfortunately I have to make videos of IRL stuff, yah boo

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Yeah dude should be here today! Damn thing should have arrived yesterday morning. hit me up if your on Xbox man
    Legacy!!

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Thanks, dude. The HDPVRCapture works fine I think.. Did you buy the Elgato, Doco?
    I really want to play now. Unfortunately I have to make videos of IRL stuff, yah boo
    certainly does work as intended BUT.... if you want some rad FlashBack Recording (like elgato has) then try EyeTv for sures (if it works with the newer pvr)

I will NEVER use anything else with my Pvr, its the only way to go in my opinion (and yes Ive used HDPVR Capture too)... I have returned many pvrs cause they were not compatible with EyeTv, and I'm still happy with my PVR 1212 Dinosaur cause of this Recording Program (and if you use Final Cut Pro, this is the way to go no doubt!.... unless HDPVR Capture has ProRes 422/422 HQ/4444, if it does USE THAT CODEC if your using FCP)

otherwise dont mind me haha
    but DOPE lets see some vids baby!!

yep the 1212 is old but so worthy as a predecessor compared to the current generation. if only it captured 60frames.

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Well.....that took a little longer than expected! , the Elgato is here and I'm ready to start making edits. Bare with me guys it may take a week or two as I've got to learn everything for scratch. Can't wait for you guys to see something of my own.
    Legacy!!

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Could anyone shed some light on how to fix the delay im getting. I was expecting maybe 3-5secs lag but I'm getting 20. As I said previously I'm starting from scratch so may not have it set up properly , they way it's going now I'll never be able to record a clip with this lol

EDIT - managed to get the gameplay delay down to roughly 3secs. Having a serious issue with the sound not matching the clip? , I'm using the Elgato game capture HD has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?
    Last edited by Doco; 09-16-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    Legacy!!

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

Is the lag coming from the game play on the TV or the computer. My Pvr lags when I am recording clips with I just wait it out and let it finish the clip that i get.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

Minglin'
    Steam
    None
    PSN
    None
    XBL
    DocoSerrr
    Wii
    None

Managed to sort it all bro just had to mess with the settings in the Elgato software. From tv to laptop screen there was 20secs of delay managed to get that down to 2-3secs , then the in game audio was maybe 8secs out on my laptop aswell. I'm now on the hunt for Sony Vegas with a crack if anyone here knows where to find it that'd be ideal
    Legacy!!