Thread: STEEP Game trailer

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Default STEEP Game trailer

say something !!!

damn this game looks cool. way better than snow

id be pumped if it wasn't ubisoft.

i also can't find any info about platform.

Steam
    jesselack

looks way better than snow. emmit's right though, due to the fact that it's an Ubi game, take this trailer with a big grain of salt. Their history of downgrading is downright disgraceful. watch the E3 trailer for Watch Dogs and then laugh at the release. Same with Rainbow 6 siege. It's pitiful. hold on... watch this.

RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

the fact that they are really focused on sharing "stunts" that you and friends do is really promising. i doubt the replays will be as in depth as .skate 2 or 3 but still cool. the way they handle that is the biggest selling point for me

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

exactly as noob noted. i love the trailer but with ubi's reputation i NEED to wait for the release and the reviews. i hope the team on Steep ends up with their ducks in a row though cause it does look like a really fun game.

Steam
    jesselack

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    exactly as noob noted. i love the trailer but with ubi's reputation i NEED to wait for the release and the reviews. i hope the team on Steep ends up with their ducks in a row though cause it does look like a really fun game.
    you have a pc right? I think you do. maybe I'm wrong. but either way they have beta opportunities on their site that you can just sign up for

Steam
    jesselack

double post but there's this up which looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by noobtard07 View Post
    you have a pc right? I think you do. maybe I'm wrong. but either way they have beta opportunities on their site that you can just sign up for
    oh woooord. yeah, im gonna look into that.

Steam
    jesselack

yeah I signed up for it. No idea when it's gonna drop but the actual game release is scheduled for December so I would imagine a Beta would be out in the pretty near future. For me, it's all about the trick physics. If it's anything like Snow, then this game will destroy the shit out of Snow because it looks worlds better in every other regard.

wouldnt be surprised if we have to pay for the liftride / helirides up the mountains. with real cash. fuck ubisoft.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Signed up for the beta, might as well. I don't expect this to live up to its appearance, but hey, stranger things have happened.

I'm honestly just hoping that For Honor is half as good as all the Alpha players I know say it is.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Its looke pretty awesome to say the least. Definitely will try it out. Looks like a snow killer.

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

I'm hyped for this, looks like it will be a lot of fun online. Replay mode looks decent, hope there is a way to offset the camera so player isn't always in middle of frame.

Fluckin' Hatchling

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but also found this game the other day. Obviously not as visually sharp as Steep, but the gameplay looks like a lot of fun. Seems like they're really trying to be authentic with it, focusing on how tricks are controlled and the feel of the physics.

I'm really excited for both games, hopefully at least one of them can pull it off and have that same depth as skate does.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

wow thanks for sharing man man i saw a curb in the video .. man a curb in a game is the selling point to me :-)

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Welp Infinite Air is my new hype for the year.

infinite air sounds great

hyped on both infinite and steep, need a game i can just laze in tbh
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

more games like this the better!! looks like a fun game

Any Snowboarding game is good in my books. Pumped that we'll have 2 to look fwd to.
    Already signed up for the Steep Beta on PS4

Quote Originally Posted by severmore View Post
    holy tits. so much to look forward to, that editor though....drools

anyone get the closed beta invite? i signed up a WHILE ago but i didn't get one this morning. i wouldn't have been able to use it anyway as i have to evacuate and when i get back i prolly wont have electricity for a while.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I got in! Starts tomorrow, but I work Fri-Sun unless the hurricane closes the store.

Got to try it out. Basic notes:

1) this is NOT a game for people looking for Skate: Snowboarding edition. The individual sports are pretty barebones and simple. Very few grabs (likely to change), but the biggest factor is the lack of control you have over spins. You can't even choose how much rotation you do, you just either flick the stick for "safe" rotation, as in the most you can do without having any question about landing it, or holding it for a "risky" rotation. You can't actually choose to do a huge 180, for example. Even worse, there's only 3 types of rotations you can do. Spins (both directions), rolls (both directions), and "off-axis" spins which are basically a hard diagonal rotation with no variations, hence me considering it one type despite having 4 directions. No word on grinds because I haven't seen them yet, if they're even in the alpha, or even in the game at all.
    2) That being said, it has really good feel and flow for people that like mountain sports and just want to chill out.
    3) Wingsuit is fun, paragliding isn't really my dig but whatever.
    4) All comments about snowboarding applies to skiing, they're basically the exact same thing
    5) the focus on "Sharing stunts" is definitely geared towards more of a "sharing a mission replay to show off how well you played the game" rather than actually filming tricks.

People looking for the next big snowboarding game? Pass, hard pass. But it's fun. It's a really chill game and the racing type stuff still feels pretty good, albeit rather forgiving and simple in the physics.

One thing it does that I like a lot, however, is a temporary health bar whenever you take a large drop or something. It regenerates fairly quickly but if you're landing hard cliff jumps repeatedly you'll start landing less clean and eventually you won't be landing huge drops unless you take a minute and ease up on it. In the same vein, massive, MASSIVE drops simply aren't landable and the game determines that through actually calculating G-Forces and horizontal momentum. If you're going faster you can lander bigger drops, if you're going too slow or the drop is simply too big, you're not making it.

TL;DR It's pretty fun, but nothing special and certainly not even close to the best snowboarding game out there, as is the curse of all attempts at a "Catch-all" game.
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 10-07-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

i got into the limited alpha and i'm enjoying it a lot so far, though in addition to luft's complaints im' kinda disappointed by what seems like a complete lack of jibbing. not sure if jibs will be added in later versions and they just dont work right yet but there has been literally no jibbing that ive seen yet.
    Last edited by i am a snail; 10-08-2016 at 09:00 PM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Steep just low key looks like a modern ssx. The snow park builder looks dope though. Sign me up for infinite. Steep will have to win me over with that price point eck.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Up7lrwvCZ90
    This guy's preview videos make infinite air look so fun!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NmPxvFKF-Kk
    Last edited by severmore; 10-14-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Tried to embed videos...failed

infinite air is definitely growing on me.

dem landing animations tho. boss

Yes You Can!

Saw this line and it made me want to give the game a go.. from 1:11

So I bought it, haven't tried it out much yet. But I'll drop my cents and maybe some footy for anyone interested. So far I 've learned: lots of grabs are possible, and graded rotation speed for flat spins is possible .. the backflips/frontflips are a bit weird straight off the bat, but maybe something can be done to make them look nice.
    Last edited by Thick; 12-19-2016 at 06:19 AM.

Yes You Can!

Not to mention: all ungrindable everything