Thread: Emmit: Demo Tape

Default Emmit: Demo Tape

Due to no one wanting to press up my disc with out samples clearances...i shortened it to 11 tracks and made it a demo tape (gotta keep a few in the chamber namean).

Lyrics are included.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wtqs6v

It's in .rar format...pm me if thats not an option for you and we can prolly work something out.

Comments and criticism are welcomed and i have thick skin. This is fluckit so say anything you want (we dont have assholes here, well we do but nice assholes...like chrissy moran)...but keep it honest and hopefully constructive.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 05-11-2009 at 09:44 PM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

you gotta hit me up MP3 style, I have to hear this, if its anything like that first song I'll be very pleased

ablindkid666

haha Miley is so baddasss

if you work on american dream a little more that will be a baddass song. just to much random sounds in it for me. like if it was just a beat and that sound in the first couple of seconds it would be tight. that mario thing and gun loading kinda ruined such a bad ass song for me.

oh and extended version of miley please hahahah can't stop listening to this song.
    Last edited by ablindkid666; 05-11-2009 at 05:24 PM.

ahahaha, thanks blind....i feel you.....i got some stuff i didnt put on here just cause it ended up being a demo instead of a mixtape...i really wish i could have gotten it pressed up, in which case i would have made sure it was a little more polished and what not....paid for mastering services, etc.....but im glad your feelin it and ill most likely take your suggestions and flesh out miley into a fully and work on american dream too...

thanks for listening

American D.R.E.A.M. the background was fun
    Remember love the back music again of course,
    Fugly man the piano reminded me of something, like "phantasm" or something. the movie that is
    Mille my favorite, so much feeling in that one. Like a tear came to your eye when you wrote that
    Miley yeah that one needs more hopefully you get a extended version of that one

I think I heard em all. Not all pollished of course I get that. Some of them are real good man for real. All of them are intellegent VERY and most you can tell you put a lot of personal feelings into. Good luck with your efforts
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

In my opinion Milli and American Dream are by far the best songs of the bunch. They just had great flow, lyrics and vibe. Especially Milli.

But to be honest I wasn't really feeling the others so much, Just couldn't really get into them, unlike Milli which I've already listened to like 40 times this week....

I think you should try doing more stuff along the lines of Milli, honestly if that song was mixed a little better and recorded with better equipment it would fit right into a hiphop playlist or something. To tell the truth i'm really not the biggest hip hop fan, but that song has got to be one of my favorites....

I dont know what was recorded with your new equipment or not, or how much time you put into mixing and whatnot, but I do think theres a bit of room for improvement

thanks guys for listening....yeah, i need a lot of improvement in the mixing/mastering area...i would have put a lot more effort into that part if i could have gotten it pressed up, plus those places offer mastering services for after it's mixed down, which i would have taken advantage of....i also would have put 20 tracks on it as opposed to 11...

since it ended up being a demo i figured id rather let it out for free as a demo with some diversity in the tracks and put more time into tracks without samples and such....more "polished" material....

as far as my equipment....the new mic and pre are picking up too much outside sound, so i only recorded cute one with it since it was a funny bonus track anyway....

im hoping someone likes my lyrics enough to let me into a real studio, with someone that knows what they're doing behind the boards.....because im a lyricist, not an audio engineer or anything of the sort.

i appreciate everyone taking the time to listen to it.

if anyone knows a good place to learn more about mixing vocals and tracks in general im all ears....

ps. B, czarmack produced fugly....and everything in it is true (as is the case with all my lyrics) i wrote it on the way home from fucking this chick....broke up with her in the morning and made her drive me home, hahaha

sooo you wrote it all while she was driving you home haha wait dont tell me I want to picture it that way.

"she a vegan, me im a dick, so i kissed her
    with meat still on the tips of my teeth and lips,"

^^^^That there is classic

sweet that you passed out the lyrics
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

theres lots of info on the interwebs about mixing and whatnot, I'll try to find a few useful links for you...

For me the most crucial mixing tools are reverb, compression and Eq.(and volume obviously). Mixing really is an art form in itself, its kinda by feel though, and theres so many factors like mic placement and the room your in ect.

Its hard to teach, but theres advice to be given, and lots of tips and stuff online.

A good thing to think about when mixing is using different speakers/headphones, cuz if you are doing all your mixing with headphones and then listen to the finished product through your car stereo, things can sound completely different. Certain tricks wont cut through the mix as well, are are too loud ect. I always Mix it with a nice set of headphones then when i'm satisfied, I play it through my surround sound and my car, and just find a happy medium.

I will try to find some info for you on mixing though

yeah, in my head of course...but yeah i had almost the entire thing written before she dropped me off...hahaha...and whenever i say stuff like "i told her" or anything like that...i DID tell her....and she did cry

obviously Ouch is a story, so it's not true (very loosely based on truth, but mainly a story)....but whenever i portray something as true, it is.

and ouch is the second part of a three part song....

Heres a little example audio clip, in this case its an acoustic guitar with my Sm57 six inches away running through my Mbox. The first part is just straight up, no fiddling. The second part is a rough, five minute or so mixing, involving compression, reverb, and EQ. The mixing obviously isn't done yet, and tweaks are always needed so it blends well with the other track, but you get the jist, it just shows you how much you can do

Listen with headphones if possible, its easier to note the difference

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T619MUW6