Thread: Pistol Solo

Yes You Can!

Default Pistol Solo

I got a cap card. Also got a fucked up schedule. This game is still my place of meditation
    as always: no plan, some tranny, and fs3 bonks. <3

XBL
    SKATAN 81

i dig that alot !!! is your new capcard able to cap 60 fps ??? you can set your xbox to 720p 60 fps 60 Hrz

Awful Awfuls!

that was fukkkin sikkkkk

Steam
    wrayayrton

that was truly one of the best skate videos i've seen in a minute. you are really able to manipulate the camera angle and pose to create an almost perfectly realistic animation to the viewer. what's more amazing is it's all with a game

Golden, nice chill beat and some dope tricks.

butter

Yes You Can!

Dudes! Thanks!

HCH: yes, i think it maybe captures 1080p60fp, but the files from HDPVRcapture are 30fps. Haven't really dug into it. Was looking at getting EyeTV software. However, I usually don't enjoy looking at 60fps stuff.. guess it's a matter of taste. I'd prefer 25fps, but I realise there are some issues with aliasing with all this fake board flipping going on.

Wrayayrton: that's like music to my ears. Happy tears for accomplished fakeskate-goals!! waaaaa

I'm filming more, and I was happy to hear the xbox dude say they're actually working on ass-backwards comp, even though I trust no man. My XB1 is basically a Netflix player now. I bought it solely for being able to play skate after my current Skate console (third of its name) dies. Mass legal action has struck my mind.

Salud
    Last edited by Thick; 10-05-2016 at 01:54 AM.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

the problem is that the xbox 360 or ps3 is not able to do 1080 60fps .. so you actualy record the output of 30fps with 60fps .. when you set the 360 720p the game showes in 60fps .. the 25 fps you talking about only works for movieĀ“s with a really sharp picture ( real picture ) ... a flip rotation is way too fast .. so when you treflip you have only 25 half fps what actualy looks like you have 10 fps during the flip motion , same also leeds to the ghosting of the skater like not so smoth looking body motions ( arms jump from over your head to the hips wihout showing the motion ) ..

Yes You Can!

Ah of course, I didn't think about the output. Actually believed the 360 does 1080p60. As you could tell, the first three clips are cell phone footy.. hence hella ghosting.

Anyway yeah, realtime flips are blurry at 25-30fps.. but so far I can't bring myself to enjoy the feel of 60fps footage. It's too close to feeling like real life maybe, I guess I'm more of a dreamer. A lot of times I'll slow down the flip to be able to see all the elements..

This framerate stuff is a bit of a dilemma. One of my jobs is making videos. Lately, young videogs are filming cinematic-looking stuff and publishing the footage in 60fps, and asking me what I think - and it looks so bad to me. I'll mostly bite my tongue about it, because I realise it's a matter of individual preferences. Although, when they start mixing framerates in a presentation, I have to rant about it haha. It's just a question of being conditioned by oldschool filmmaking maybe.. but, like I read somewhere regarding this issue, i think my brain likes filling in the blanks of a lower framerate video, rather than being presented with the closest possible rendering of reality. Dunno, man. INTERESTING THOUGH!!!

As far as skateboarding and fakeskating goes, If youtube/vimeo would let you choose between framerates without stepping down from HD, I'd upload in 60 fps and watch in 30. So to all you fakeskating soldiers, just know: if you're uploading 60fps, I'm probably watching it in 480p30.. I won't give up trying to like 60 though.
    Last edited by Thick; 10-05-2016 at 07:00 AM.