Thread: Pistol Solo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yes You Can!

Ah of course, I didn't think about the output. Actually believed the 360 does 1080p60. As you could tell, the first three clips are cell phone footy.. hence hella ghosting.

Anyway yeah, realtime flips are blurry at 25-30fps.. but so far I can't bring myself to enjoy the feel of 60fps footage. It's too close to feeling like real life maybe, I guess I'm more of a dreamer. A lot of times I'll slow down the flip to be able to see all the elements..

This framerate stuff is a bit of a dilemma. One of my jobs is making videos. Lately, young videogs are filming cinematic-looking stuff and publishing the footage in 60fps, and asking me what I think - and it looks so bad to me. I'll mostly bite my tongue about it, because I realise it's a matter of individual preferences. Although, when they start mixing framerates in a presentation, I have to rant about it haha. It's just a question of being conditioned by oldschool filmmaking maybe.. but, like I read somewhere regarding this issue, i think my brain likes filling in the blanks of a lower framerate video, rather than being presented with the closest possible rendering of reality. Dunno, man. INTERESTING THOUGH!!!

As far as skateboarding and fakeskating goes, If youtube/vimeo would let you choose between framerates without stepping down from HD, I'd upload in 60 fps and watch in 30. So to all you fakeskating soldiers, just know: if you're uploading 60fps, I'm probably watching it in 480p30.. I won't give up trying to like 60 though.
    Last edited by Thick; 10-05-2016 at 07:00 AM.