Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infinite Air - (Snowboarding Simulator) Release date 25th Oct!

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Nice.

I have a bunch of ideas already.. curious if building is linear or not though.
    I believe you can sink things into snow? What about objects inside of other objects that aren't snow?
    Still going to pick it up but one thing that frustrated me with skate's park creator was issues with merging objects. I never got that "merge glitch" to work for me.
    If I can put shit inside of shit, then it will be infinite.
    How bad is the terrain meter thing I keep seeing? Can you build a ton without it capping?
    If anyone gets to these things let us know, I'll be playing it this weekend.
    yes to all of these as far as i can tell, you can sink and merge everything afaik. terrain meter is pretty damn generous as well, the park in the clip i posted was a fairly small park but there was a lot going on in it and that barely took up a tenth of the meter, maybe even less. the generated mountains are all huge, too. literally limitless.

Minglin'
    PSN
    Smagsy

Nice.

I have a bunch of ideas already.. curious if building is linear or not though.
    I believe you can sink things into snow? What about objects inside of other objects that aren't snow?
    Still going to pick it up but one thing that frustrated me with skate's park creator was issues with merging objects. I never got that "merge glitch" to work for me.
    If I can put shit inside of shit, then it will be infinite.
    How bad is the terrain meter thing I keep seeing? Can you build a ton without it capping?
    If anyone gets to these things let us know, I'll be playing it this weekend.
    No merge glitched needed

Needs way more props though, not that much to merge together at the moment but I've started.

Yes it lets you build heaps. I've done 2 parks and its prob at 5%

Was a bit hard to control at first but once you get used to its not too bad at all.

Minglin'
    PSN
    Smagsy

lol on the double up. This is why Discord is better :P

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

Sounds dope.
    I was asking about updates to the game and the response on their forums was kinda trivial.
    So far I've asked about the camera and mentioned the skate series, free cam and tripods. Staff replied that it had been brought up and they are "in the same boat as me"
    There could be updates coming, maybe not though.
    If they start patching that stuff into the first game that would be gangster.
    There's also a thread with various objects to add to the editor.
    A wishlist kinda thing but they said more would be coming.
    Again not sure if for the current or a possibly sequel.

I am actually streaming right now and building a terrain park. I'll be on till like 1 a.m. EST.

http://twitch.tv/stokenstein

Minglin'
    PSN
    Smagsy

Another clip

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

The game is way harder to pull off than it looks, at first anyway. I'm warming up to the controls. Still takes some finesse but man is it fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzVk5cTVjm4

I started playing last night, I agree antwan, there's definitely a learning curve from skate's controls. I like figuring it out though, it's similar to playing skate for the first time.

I got it on the xbone, and it had some serious framerate issues when I played though, sometimes it ran fine, but it was staggering to experience in certain points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

Yeah, I noticed that too the more I rode around it seemed to be caused by the hundreds of runs showing up on the mountains.
    When I ride away from all of them it's completely normal, kinda crazy.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

so who's gonna be first to bite the bullet and make a full part?

Last edited by i am a snail; 10-28-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

I may do a 5 n 1 or something with the game camera.
    We have partial framerate issues and a lack of replay control on xbox.
    Both are addressed and said to be fixed when xbox gets the patch FYI.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i'm filming. wish i could make the markers go away in the background or tilt the cam. its fun. having a hard time finding good spots on ps4. if anyone would share what they find it would be really cool. youtube people are hating on my first look lol. i wasnt feeling it and was learning the game and a little harsh. oh well 4.5k views in 3 days is good feeling i guess

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Look up stokes park v2 under slopestyle! My first park. The mountain it's on is Mount Broken and it's to the right and way down the mountain, across the flats and on a little mountain on the edge of the flats. You'll see a chair lift near it.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

I've been messing around and hitting some roofgaps here and there. I'll eventually make a video.

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

So, ledges can make stairs, but still slide. Sometimes you will be riding forward and get sucked left or right if you fall off the rail, looks really funny.
    There's an odd kind of transfer you can do between things without pop, maybe you can legitimize it I don't know but I'll find out.
    Triple Kink Rails are sick. Just merge them like skate.
    If it's merged but a bit above the rail before it you can keep sliding on a slope.
    If it's merged but a bit below the rail before it you can fall off into switch ups.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

So, ledges can make stairs, but still slide. Sometimes you will be riding forward and get sucked left or right if you fall off the rail, looks really funny.
    There's an odd kind of transfer you can do between things without pop, maybe you can legitimize it I don't know but I'll find out.
    Triple Kink Rails are sick. Just merge them like skate.
    If it's merged but a bit above the rail before it you can keep sliding on a slope.
    If it's merged but a bit below the rail before it you can fall off into switch ups.

yesssss glad someone else thought of this. ive made one small set and then gave up because it was so time consuming lol. gonna start building em in any other parks i make though!

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

Yeah It's a pain at first.
    Making the set itself was easy.
    You pick the object you want as stairs, Get the angle, depth and rotation the way you want it. From there when you're placing objects they actually keep the same depth and everything until you change it again so long as you're still placing the same object. I spaced them out about the length of the object itself and just kept placing them like that. They were already deep enough to go down the slope. Then I graded the snow below it to raise it up a bit. There might be a better way to fill the gaps but I'm not sure what it is yet so I just sunk a kicker in at the top of the set.

The funny part is I think I lost that project due to closing the game. It is all about what you can do in one sitting I guess. Just glad I didn't get any further to lose even more progress.
    I saved the mountain too.. which brings me to another issue, navigating is hard as shit. I don't really like covering the screen with HUDs and shit, so maybe it could be in the start menu but I feel like it needs a map that includes boundaries and places you've had sessions.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Picked this up today. Definitely feels familiar but not without a learning curve. Feels and looks good though. Stoked to start seeing parts.

Someone explain this replay shit to me. Is it always running? I can seem to rewind with the d-pad, but circle starts recording, but when I get a notification that recordings not available I can still rewind. I also saved a clip but have no fucking clue where its gone.

Are you on Xbox One? Replay features are coming in a patch the One in a week or so.

Also, what do y'all think? Should I add an Infinite Air subforum?

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

I couldn't find your run stoke. And a sub forum might go well. Bound to be more active than the Session one is

Yeah, I may hide the Session one considering it hasn't been used since July. Bring it back if they become active again.

So, as for the run, it seems Xbox is having issues with PC and PS4 not being able to find Xbox runs.

Steam
    jesselack

I've been absolutely loving this fucking game. It's brought me back to skate 1 so much (and someone on the subreddit recommended listening to the skate 1 soundtrack while playing, it's a great idea). I saw reviews before I bought the game saying the "controls were hard" or they "couldnt figure out flipping" and therefor gave a negative review. I took this as a challenge and did something I never do: spent $50 on a brand new game. Games like this are SUPPOSED to be hard. It's a snowboarding SIM and the fact that the devs decided to make the game so difficult is part of what makes me love it so much. I 100% plan on putting a part together, but, in the meantime, here's a short little line from yesterday.

RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

The Reviews make sense though, It's about first impressions and the release day in comparison to everything else on the market.
    It's kind of hard to agree with them because of that however, especially if you plan to put some time into the game. So I get where you're coming from noobtard.
    Flips can feel random.. I get the basics of it, Wind up to spin A LOT, not as much to spin less but I feel less control than I did in skate.
    So I'm torn a bit, a part of me wants it to be a perfect game and the other is coming to terms with it being realistic.
    I couldn't accept it as a skate 1 because of the differences, some things were harder than others while keeping the control scheme similar.
    I just want to play the game, can't explore much with frame rate issues and have to save my park at full completion or it disappears.
    I think it can be fixed though, When I generate mountains without trees I also no longer have those annoying queues for others' runs and the game has a normal framerate again.
    It's definitely been unique and I'm going to be experimenting more but there's no denying launch was pretty crazy.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Quote Originally Posted by noobtard07 View Post
    Man, you have so much better control of it all than me when it comes to this game. I know the stuff I wanna do, but I have such a difficult time doing the shit.

so what's the general consensus on the game?

and are there any noticeable differences between console versions?

It's not the second coming of Skate on snow. It's probably the best feeling/controlling snowboard game to come out ever though. They have gotten the actual feel of riding down pretty good and that's an important aspect. Doing a butter before a spin off a ramp feels magical and the controls are deep enough to give you a good sense of progression and it encourages you to try tricks over and over and actuall practice.

However, it has it's issues. Two player online only, only a handful of single player "circuits" that go from easy to really hard quick and don't really add any replay value (this is how you unlock character customization items though), some issue with bumps in snow that uncharge your prewinds (ran into this in single player circuits a couple of times and made it so much harder to beat the particular circuit, lots of pop in and visually glitchy snow after making tracks or moving the grade of snow in the world editor a lot, horrid organization and management of your mountains and runs, currently Xbox runs can't be found by PC or PS4 users, very limited instructions on how to play which wouldn't be an issue but this game is pretty difficult, limited customization options, limited items in world editor. I also have an issue on Xbox where my game won't save runs I create and after clicking save my game locks up. Then after restarting my mountain the run was on saves and you can't unpublish the mountain so to make a run again you have to make a copy of the mountain, track the run, and then publish it and the mountain again. It happened to me multiple times so now I have five published mountains of the same thing but only one has the actual run, so it took five tries to get my run to save. I've heard of people's world editor creations just flat disappearing, obstacles and all. Xbox doesn't currently have replay features.

All that being said, the development team seems to be working towards fixing all of this (they are definitely aware of it). A patch is coming soon that gives Xbox replay features and hopefully will also fix our run sharing issue and give us better options for managing our runs/mountains.. The game has a lot of potential and if all this is fixed, I'd feel comfortable saying it's a must buy for Fluckers as it's realistic, fairly intuitive and pretty fun. If you have the money, by all means buy it but it isn't a must buy currently.

It seems PC and PS4 are the most reliable platforms currently and Xbox is definitely the worst but we should be caught up after the patch.

thanks stoked. i'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. ill probably grab it when it's either on sale or i have some extra money and no upcoming games. maybe i'll get lucky and it'll get some Black Friday love. your description has me enticed and it sounds like the important stuff is done right.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Having sunk a couple more hours in it definitely gets better, but the issues do become a lot more apparent. Stoke nailed it on all points, especially the god awful run management.

If I would have paid full retail price I'd be pissed, but at £30 I can take a stripped back project with future updates without a worry. And the way it controls and feels is pretty damn good.

The difference will come when we start to see some great parks and run creations. Don't know about anyone else but I'm finding it hard to find anything notable at the moment.

If I put all the hours I put into the entire Skate series into this game, I still don't think I could pull off anything this clean. So stoked for people to start dropping parts.

building my pc sunday (i7 6700k + 1060 6gb) and i should be making videos in this in no time
    ...Forever

Steam
    jesselack

i5-6400 and gtx 980 over here nelson #PCMR

also, for people experiencing frame rate issues, go into the video options (if you even can on console?) and turn off motion blur and bloom. the game looks 10x better and it's much smoother as well.

double also, for people having trouble with spins, here's a hint i figured out. You don't need to use the triggers for simple frontside and backside spins. this is the way i do it, like in my clip above for the two rail tricks: do a normal down-up motion with the right stick, and then, as you're flicking the right stick back up, move the left stick ever so slightly in the direction you want to spin. think of it like how in s3 in order to do 360's on flat you had to start your spin right as you popped. same principle
    Last edited by noobtard07; 10-31-2016 at 04:50 PM.

PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

noob i'm wondering how you get the slow floaty flips. they look nice. i'll have to go try what suggested above

Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    noob i'm wondering how you get the slow floaty flips. they look nice. i'll have to go try what suggested above
    Use left thumb stick to slow flip...immediately following and Ollie or Nollie with the right stick. Only thing is to ever so slightly displace the left stick. Otherwise, you'll spin much faster than wanted.

i5-6400 and gtx 980 over here nelson #PCMR

also, for people experiencing frame rate issues, go into the video options (if you even can on console?) and turn off motion blur and bloom. the game looks 10x better and it's much smoother as well.

double also, for people having trouble with spins, here's a hint i figured out. You don't need to use the triggers for simple frontside and backside spins. this is the way i do it, like in my clip above for the two rail tricks: do a normal down-up motion with the right stick, and then, as you're flicking the right stick back up, move the left stick ever so slightly in the direction you want to spin. think of it like how in s3 in order to do 360's on flat you had to start your spin right as you popped. same principle
    whats your FPS like in this game?? graphics looks pretty good considering this game came outta left field

add my steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/kingbodie/ (yes thats a $450 knife skin)

that goes for anyone else on here too, when im not destroying families on CS:GO ill be all up in this shit
    ...Forever

Steam
    jesselack

with the 980 this game is an easy 60fps at 1440p with everything on high

Steam
    jesselack

Quote Originally Posted by severmore View Post
    Use left thumb stick to slow flip...immediately following and Ollie or Nollie with the right stick. Only thing is to ever so slightly displace the left stick. Otherwise, you'll spin much faster than wanted.
    i actually dont use the left stick for the slow floaty flips. it's all about being very gentle with your movements. quick trigger pulls and only holding the right stick down for half a second

i actually dont use the left stick for the slow floaty flips. it's all about being very gentle with your movements. quick trigger pulls and only holding the right stick down for half a second
    Nice! I've only been using thumbsticks...no triggers. I'll hafta experiment more with the triggers tonight...

Steam
    The_Astonist
    XBL
    Cothes

Yeah, stoke nailed the description.

I've almost got enough footage for a video, feels like skate 1 again with no b roll.
    There was one day I was literally trying to hit a few rails in a combo for an hour. Every little thing has to be perfect. Satisfying though for sure.

Steam
    jesselack

that line i posted up there took probably a total of 6 hours over the course of two days (inbetween sessions of csgo and rocket league). I wanted everything to be absolutely perfect, even down to my carves. i just get super stoned and get absolutely lost in this game trying lines over and over again, its so much fun lol. skate would do the same, i could skate one spot for hooooourrs

with the 980 this game is an easy 60fps at 1440p with everything on high
    you dont play with v sync do you? I'm surprised its not higher if not

i play 1080p so im really hoping i can push 144 FPS at least, ive been spoiled with the smoothness of super high FPS in csgo even 60fps constant looks choppy
    ...Forever