Thread: It's been a long time hasn't it?

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Default It's been a long time hasn't it?

What up y'all! I don't know if you guys remember me or not, but I'm Renegade and I've been a huge fan of Skate series since 2007 when the first one came out. I've always been a creative person, but before I was making music on Fruity Loops and graphics on Illustrator I was using Skate 2 and Skate 3 as my creative outlets. From making vids by myself and with Illusion to shooting photos for LikeButterMag to making a few parks and graphics, I used to play this game religiously. Shout out to Derk and BladderBoy if they're still around! I stopped playing this game around the time the EA servers shut down permanently. However, the thing that pissed me off even more was the fact that I had sent Seth all of these amazing clips I had worked hard AF to film for a full-length part (along with Cole Fizzle, PoppinSuds, and a couple others) and he STILL never put that shit together. I mean, seriously man!! It's been like 5 years since I sent him those fucking clips!!! Anyways... I heard the news that Skate 3 was made backwards compatible and got really stoked about that. Then, I came here to check out what people were saying and was really happy to see that people were using the Xbox One's in-console game clip recorder and not those damned capture cards. After seeing that, I just had to come back here and try to start back up a bit. I'm a junior at Northern Arizona University now. I've got some amazing friends. I've got a pretty sweet job. Just thought I'd say wassup!

-Renegade

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Steam
    TheIronz
    XBL
    TheIronz

Wassup!

Yeah, a coupe of those dudes are still here, Derk is still a main-stay, BladderBoy has been known to pop-in, pretty sure ive seen PoppinSuds too but could be wrong there....

my boy!

Still here, glad to see you back man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    emericaridr11

oh yeah Ren!! nice man, welcome

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

hey man. you make good videos

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

^Thank you sir! I'm hoping to put something new together soon, but I gotta work out the DVR kinks and finish this semester out nicely. My favorites? E's edits are bar none and I wish I could do half of the stuff that Derk does in this game. Poppin, we gotta sesh soon if you can actually still do that. So dope you guys are all still around. Thanks for the love y'all and glad to be back!

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Also, I don't know if anybody really cares about this, but I've been making some pretty dope music recently. Link below. Studio quality and everything

https://soundcloud.com/ca-renegade/c...y-alex-collins

Blazing a Trail

Don't know you but welcome.. we share the same interests.. I started using FL studios after the downfall of skate... dope song u got there, ill have to listen to I more when I'm not at work.. here's a short generic trap track I made, not with FL but with a app called Caustic... my laptop is in the pawn shop so I use it for now.. check it out.. I love the west coast ol school vibe ur son has btw..https://m.soundcloud.com/eternal-rewind2/demotrap1

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Awe man! EternalRewind? Yeah dude, I definitely remember you. You did one of the last Lb Mag shoots. On the cover and everything. That's really dope that you turned to FL like I did, and I appreciate the love man! I didn't make that beat myself, but it's dope isn't it? My beats are mostly East Coast sounding, but I just had to do a song over a West Coast sounding beat being from San Diego and all. I've got some songs on SoundCloud with beats I've actually made, but I'm saving the really good ones for this mixtape I've been working on. They're really dope and all, but I don't want to drop them just yet because I need to get the sound right. Sure, I can make some pretty cool stuff IMO all by myself, but it really helps to have an engineer with years of experience in Pro Tools, a nicely treated room to record with, etc. At the same time, I also don't have $300 something dollars to drop on going to Phoenix and hitting the studio for 8 hours right now. Either way, I'm at work myself, but I'm about to get off in like 5 minutes. I work at an EconoLodge so I get to fuck around on the computer when nothing's going on, ya know? My buddies are probably in my living room super lit so probably no Skate for me tonight, but I'll definitely have to scope that beat ASAP!

Blazing a Trail

I feel u on holding on to the goods till it is mixed right... the song I posted was made on a ten dollar app so the quality if ok... but I've been messing with 808 bass for 2 years and am now starting to understand how to eq and mix everything right so it sounds professional and not like a dull thing.. FL definitely ups the sound quality for me... keep at it dude.. I'll definitely check out ur mix tape when it's ready... btw is there a way to view the old lb mags anymore? Glad u liked my lb stuff, valley boy did a great job with that.. one of my favorite fake skate accomplishments... I never told anyone other then valley boy and pawnluv but I was supposed to have a community spot light at ea forums like the one pawn and others had.. but it didn't happen because cuz and that other guy left ... oh well lol.. that wld have been my fav accomplishment... man I miss the ol days hahahahah...
    Last edited by EternalRewind; 11-19-2016 at 02:13 AM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

What's up? I don't remember. There have been so many people to come through the community. I wasn't too big into LB Mag, respected it, but just never hung out there.
    I miss clip of the week contests though!
    It's great to see people coming back.
    I didn't realize there were so many people into hip hop, that's cool.
    We talked about making an EA Skate Rap once.
    As for producing, I can't really speak from technical or advanced experience. Took no classes, never had or been in a studio.
    I do believe in working with what ya got though, and holding onto things to long kinda makes my projects sour. That's me though.
    I made my first mixtape and though it was terrible, It was a nice release and gave me a perspective later in life. As far as how long I should spend on projects.
    I spent no money other than for a microphone. Used free software, and made the entire hour of rap in a week. Granted, I was on summer break with no responsibilities then.
    Haha, maybe it's not even that big of a deal but I was just thinking don't sell yourself short if you think it wouldn't be as good. I have yet to want studio time personally.
    Almost like using vintage cameras versus HD 4K. You can make both work and if you aren't so worried about quality you may even do more projects.

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Rewind: Dude, nice beat! Especially for what you were working with. It has a bit of a vibe like this song to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7Etu4pLS4
    I followed you on SoundCloud. Follow back?

As for my mixtape, I can't wait to drop that thing man!! I'm obviously biased towards my own music, but I definitely think I'm sitting on a goldmine. I'll be posting it everywhere. Here, SoundCloud, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, HNHH, Datpiff...

Valleyboy was the man! Pawnluv is one of the best to ever play this game. And getting on a Cuz blog was the crowning accomplishment back in the day. Everybody used to look at that thing just like everybody would look at Lb. I really wish there was a way to look at the mags right now. If anybody knows, lemme know! Personally, I did a photoshoot with Derk. It's definitely the fake skate accomplishment I'm most proud of and I think it was either 4 or 5. Definitely miss the old days, but things are going pretty nicely for me right now. Cole, Poppin, and I had a nice sesh last night and we're trying to put out a video soon so be on the lookout for that...

Antwan: COTW was the shit!! EA Skate rap? Didn't MagicNarcosis do that for the Skate 2 soundtrack? As for production, I ripped FL Studio 10 off of the internet during my junior year of high school. Right around the time I stopped playing this game. Until about a few months ago, I had never been in a studio either and learned to use it through trial and error as well as tutorials on YouTube, and by listening to music I love and letting it inspire me to some extent. Samples are key. I don't have very many plug-ins so utilizing digital crate digging via YouTube is KEY. For example:

Here's a sample I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdKFS6mcnM (sample from 0:16-0:20)

Here's a song I made currently on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/ca-renegade/2...ture-ft-nimbus

The sound quality isn't as good as what I've got going on now, but the idea is definitely there. Plus I'm a fan of the flow at the beginning.

I also had a homie in high school who made music as well and he gave me a tip or two. I try to get studio time in because I think my music is good enough to make something legitimately happen with it, but it's hard balancing all of the things I have going on in my life and being able to afford it at the same time. It's worth it, I know it, and I'm willing to put some of my own money into it, but responsibilities constantly demand attention.

I'd be down to send you guys a song or two that I haven't gotten cleaned up to show you guys what I've got made, but they definitely can't go on SoundCloud at the moment. Email maybe?

Blazing a Trail

Thx man! I definitely need my lab top back with Nexus lol... I'll pm u my email for a listen... I won't share it

Quote Originally Posted by CA|Renegade View Post
    I really wish there was a way to look at the mags right now. If anybody knows, lemme know!
    Here ya go...

https://issuu.com/bladderboy/docs

Welcome back!

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Welcome back
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

XBL
    emericaridr11

yeah LB was the best, the excitement was the next best thing to the Cuz Blogs for sures... getting a Cuz Blog was tight too, made me feel good... but I look back on it and laugh, the video was junk that got featured (mine that is), but all my LB shit was classy

LOVE LB! (love fluckit too but for different reasons, fluckit is classy LB was nasty)

regardless, add me again if yall wanna jam... emericaridr11

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Rewind: Check your e-mail dude! I'm more of a sample guy myself, but Nexus is a really nice plug-in. Wish I had it. I really want Omnisphere & Trillian, but those are $300+. MikeWill uses Omnisphere for a bunch of his sounds and Trillian is the best bass plug-in there is. 6ix (Logic's producer) uses that one for most of his basslines. Also, I watched your solo again yesterday and that shit is timeless.

Jebotek: You're the man, no doubt!! Thank you for that link. It's too bad that the Lb website couldn't be maintained like Fluckit. It was really nice.

Roc: Thank you bro! Back in the day, Hoodlum guys were definitely the ones to look up to. I'm about to watch a few of the full-lengths before I go to class.

E: Y'all got me reminiscing, damn! Cuz blogs and Lb were no doubt the best. I added you on XBL, and I get out of class at 5:15 so just hmu if you wanna jam. I've been working on a full-length part for a new team PoppinSuds set up. Most of my Skate time has gone to that so far, but I've already gotten about 3 minutes of footage in like 4 days so I'm pretty set. My controller set up is kinda janky right now, but I've been making it work. I've gotta play on the wired controller with my main account, but then sign into another account to talk with the other controller. The wired controller doesn't have a mic port and the wireless one is too messed up to play with. Completely jammed RT and RB.

Lastly, if any of you guys want to get in on that full length for a guest section or something just let me know. Right now it's me, Poppin, Cole Fizzle, and a couple of other dudes and it should be out next month sometime.

Blazing a Trail

didn't know Mike will used that plug in.. yeah they are expensive.. u cld always torrent them . Got ur two songs bro.. shit is fire af.. I'm into all kinds of rap and hip hop so I really enjoyed ur style... u got skills on the mic bro.. can't wait for the full mix tape... also can't wait to get my laptop back lol

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Man, it's really nice to hear somebody who doesn't know me say that. I mean, I've always had confidence in my music and especially the past year or so, but when it's pretty much only your homies and the engineer that's getting paid telling me I'm dope it can only get me so far. As for torrents, I've cracked into basically every program I own: FL 10, Vegas 10, Illustrator CS5, and Adobe Audition. Be on the lookout for the mixtape for sure and my part in Might as Well next month. And if you've got Xbox, hmu! GT: TSxR3N3GAD3

Blazing a Trail

Haha I know what u mean.. luckly the people I let hear my tracks are honest and tell me if they like it or not.. I don't have a Xbox or ps3 anymore