Thread: What scootering should look like

Steam
    -T-
    XBL
    diamond bloke

Default What scootering should look like

Now, at the moment the whole scene is a joke but there are a select few riders that actually make it look sick and keep me wanting to ride. Matt Mckeen (who also kills it on a skateboard) (also had a part in the middle of a skate full length six years ago) is one of those people
    RELΛX X SVPREMΛCY
    D - T - B - C - R - C - J - M - T - F - J
    ig: @yung_turkish
    tumblr: kushman-titan.tumblr.com
    youtube: youtube.com/kushmantitan
    snapchat: murkingherkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYrmmRNPymQ

Can't really take a grown man with a scooter serious
    Some cool spots though
    Dude should get back to skating

Quote Originally Posted by Jebotek View Post
    Can't really take a grown man with a scooter serious
    I feel the same way, I don't know what it is really, I see 95% of scooter riders are children, 10 and under, and it's automatically associated with the scooters themselves. Something about handlebars being on a skateboard makes everything feel so cheesy, and simple. I know I couldn't do even 2 of the tricks this guy did, but I feel like I could in a few short hours of practice. Not trying to sound passive aggressive about scooter riders, just trying to understand it better. We have one guy at our park, who is fucking insane on scooters, and he is the only guy who looks alright on one. It's only because of the shit he pulls, everyone else looks dumb. He did a 180 onto a hip?, fakie nose manual across the top, 360 tailwhip out, then a 360 backflip in a single line last week. I saw nothing, at that skill level, in this guy's video, and I assume he's considered a pro, help me understand!
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 12-02-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Steam
    -T-
    XBL
    diamond bloke

this is what im trying to get across with this video, scooters, skateboarding and bmxing are all the same just with different tricks, in my opinion it's mostly about style which is the reason why i play skate too, it's not about how hard it is, i'm gonna be honest scootering is a piece of piss really but i ride them because they're so fucking fun to ride, i can't tell you how many skateparks i've been to and seen a group of skaters all trying to land one trick all day while i've learnt three new ones and rode all the parks features, i like skating too and scootering has actually helped me get better and skating. basically it's just bare fun and that should be the reason why everyone skates or bmxs
    RELΛX X SVPREMΛCY

XBL
    TheDietTea

I don't see what's hard to understand about it.
    Just like skating there are all ages and skill levels and people ride in different styles.
    People also associate skateboarding with being young, it takes tremendous effort and alot of kids do it.
    Obviously their target audience wouldn't be the anti-scootee.
    I'm not one to watch scooting religiously but the video was cool. No denying the skill there.
    The scooter really isn't anything like a skateboard, it's more like a metal ski with handlebars or a standing mini bike.
    I really don't care what people do, I feel so kung fu when it comes to expression. It's a way of life and nothing else matters. People do what they like and that's cool.

Really, a metal ski? I didn't know people put two feet, one in front of the other, on one ski. I didn't ask you to help me understand Antwan, I don't know why you're chiming in. Your whole 'I'm the voice of reason' in everyone's threads is completely unnecessary. Titan explained it just fine, and he rides scooters, as far as I know, you don't. You grab your board by the wheel, twirl it around in the air, and call that a trick.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

XBL
    TheDietTea

Some hostility there Derk lol.
    Do we have beef? Because I had no idea. I used to think you and I could relate to one another, doing skate 3 oddities.
    If anything I've been trying to articulate in a way that doesn't offend.
    But since you want to bring skateboarding expression into it, it may not be a "trick" to a hyper-sensitive egotistical skater like yourself.
    This is what I mean when I say skaters are full of it. Why does there have to a be a divide? I do what's fun to me and you sound like a hater.
    Someone who only likes what they like and can't accept anything else. Hates other things even, and is very vocal about it.
    If there wasn't a divide I wouldn't be the "voice of reason" as you put it, but it's just who I am I guess.
    I also tend to stand up for others, I've always been that misfit character.

In Your Defense I'll say that I've been where you are Derk. It's why I understand it so well. I'm just trying to help the community.
    Last edited by Antwan; 12-03-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Being passive aggressive is your go-to for every response, I'm not going to entertain you further, pm me if you feel like it.

I am curious how riding scooters has made you better at skating titan.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Private Messages won't change how I reply.
    Don't fucking talking shit and expect me not to say something.
    Agree to Disagree.

Steam
    -T-
    XBL
    diamond bloke

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I am curious how riding scooters has made you better at skating titan.
    Basically, I started skating in 2009 but I mostly just skated flat and done the occasional manny pad trick then around 2011 I started getting interested in scooters and started riding, I picked it up pretty easily and started to ride more of the park instead of just the manny pad and because I had an understanding of the park and how to ride it on a scooter, I jumped back on a skateboard and just applied it really, there are plenty of scooter riders that also skate.
    RELΛX X SVPREMΛCY

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

This is the type of scootering I can actually enjoy watching, the dude has an aggressive style that reminds me of any rider on companies like Zero, Toy Machine or Foundation. And it was also filmed and edited really good.

And yeah, the only people I have a problem with on a scooter is the classic example: The annoying kids in the skatepark riding around in trains doing nothing but barspins, half ass tailwhips and slides. But these people out in the streets going hard is something I'm really backing. Most skaters might frown upon that opinion of mine, but hey I was into biking and stunting with mopeds before I got into skating so I'm not just raised up on skating.

Yeah, the only adult scooter(ers?) that I know/respect do backflips and jump off of Jaws-sized sets and gaps.
    However, I can totally see why people would like the dude in this video. He definitely reminds me of someone on Zero or Anti Hero.
    Didn't do any flips but charged the shit outta everything he hit. And most of it looked pretty big! I'm not gonna go look at any of his other parts, but I enjoyed this edit.

Confession: I know how to tailwhip

Quote Originally Posted by kushman-titan View Post
    Basically, I started skating in 2009 but I mostly just skated flat and done the occasional manny pad trick then around 2011 I started getting interested in scooters and started riding, I picked it up pretty easily and started to ride more of the park instead of just the manny pad and because I had an understanding of the park and how to ride it on a scooter, I jumped back on a skateboard and just applied it really, there are plenty of scooter riders that also skate.
    That's interesting, none of the scooter guys in my town ride both, the guy I mentioned earlier also does bmx, but doesn't skate. I never though of using a different tool to figure out balancing on obstacles, I just stick to my board. I didn't even think about what Granka said either, this dude taking it to the streets is something I just failed to comprehend. Whether it's difficult, or not, he's getting clips outside of the skatepark. I'll never get the appeal of the whole thing, but I think I understand it better now, then I did yesterday. I apologize if I came off sounding like a dick, the only way to grow is to gain perspective, and I am always quick to judge scooter riders, specifically because of the kids.