Quote Originally Posted by kushman-titan View Post
Basically, I started skating in 2009 but I mostly just skated flat and done the occasional manny pad trick then around 2011 I started getting interested in scooters and started riding, I picked it up pretty easily and started to ride more of the park instead of just the manny pad and because I had an understanding of the park and how to ride it on a scooter, I jumped back on a skateboard and just applied it really, there are plenty of scooter riders that also skate.
That's interesting, none of the scooter guys in my town ride both, the guy I mentioned earlier also does bmx, but doesn't skate. I never though of using a different tool to figure out balancing on obstacles, I just stick to my board. I didn't even think about what Granka said either, this dude taking it to the streets is something I just failed to comprehend. Whether it's difficult, or not, he's getting clips outside of the skatepark. I'll never get the appeal of the whole thing, but I think I understand it better now, then I did yesterday. I apologize if I came off sounding like a dick, the only way to grow is to gain perspective, and I am always quick to judge scooter riders, specifically because of the kids.