Thread: great park

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

Default great park

a line showing off my favorite park top to bottom.

park is under slopestyle and its called The gdh project

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

this game looks so bad i find it astonishing that you guys seem to like it that much. animations and game play looks like its from an early thps game. and wtf is up with the gravity? is this on mars?

sorry for jacking your thread moma, this has nothing to do with your video, per se. but this game looks ridiculously bad. am i missing something? whats the appeal?
    Last edited by bohemian; 12-12-2016 at 04:06 AM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    this game looks so bad i find it astonishing that you guys seem to like it that much. animations and game play looks like its from an early thps game. and wtf is up with the gravity? is this on mars?

sorry for jacking your thread moma, this has nothing to do with your video, per se. but this game looks ridiculously bad. am i missing something? whats the appeal?
    I have to agree, Steep looks way better... what is the appeal?

Custom Parks?

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post

Custom Parks?
    steep wasn't any fun to play. this is. idk, but to me i like the look of infinite air a lot more than steep. i deleted the steep beta after an hour. wasn't fun and the controls were awful. different personal preference.

edit: the bohemian posts trashing this game are getting kind of old. we get it. you don't like it.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post

Custom Parks?
    Frankly, my perception is Steep:THPS::Infinite Air:Skate

Steep looks like a steamy pile of brussel sprouts to me. Sure, it's a hot meal that may even appeal to some people... But to me? You can toss all the best ingredients at it and it still won't suit my tastes.

IA isn't the *best* snowboarding game I've ever played, but it's the best I've played in a LONG time. The trick system works, and the spin system is one of the better ones around. Jib mechanics work, graphics are pretty decent, and the world building tools seem like they're probably the best feature. The actual pre-winding mechanic takes a lot of getting used to, but that was the fun of it for me. While I haven't gotten to play Steep, I've mostly avoided doing so due to reviews I've taken the time to watch. The mechanics for the actual tricks; my reason for playing these kinds of games STINKS. Plenty of better superficialities, graphics and the whatnot... But if the game doesn't play well, those go right the heck out the window. I dunno, different strokes and all... But I'd rather date the 8 with the ability to hold a conversation than the 10 with the matching IQ... And in this case Steep is the cheerleader that's always wanted to be Barbie one day.

Sorry, hijacked the hijack. Look past the superficial flaws, you're missing out on a pretty rad game. Most fun I've had since Amped 2.

And thanks for the tip, Momadaddy. I gave up on the circut the second day I had this game... The exploration beats progression, and that park looks fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Does anyone remember "Stoked" ?

I don't know what's the deal but even after 6 years it still looks much better than these newcomers.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    Does anyone remember "Stoked" ?

I don't know what's the deal but even after 6 years it still looks much better than these newcomers.
    I have both versions, and again, the controls stunk. You can flip, OR you can spin. OR... You can spin, and then flip!

Corks? Rodeomistycripplermctwists? Noooo. You can either flip, or spin. Never both.

Until there's a bonus for style and crooks nose presses, I say Amped 2 will always be the peak. Pun intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

i think bohemian is being civil and i dont mind at all. at first i hated this game. but now the appeal is simple for me. i find it fun to just carve around and maybe find a line to try. the terrain editor is robust and browsing the user creations is a blast. even though most are crap. search enough and you can find a gem in all the turds. this park for instance has so much more than i could show in one simple line. sure the controls are wonky at times and the animations arent the best but overall i keep finding myself going back for more.

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"