Thread: long time lurker finally does something

XBL
    Zobitembois

Default long time lurker finally does something

Fluckers,

First vid ever. Long time lurker. Shitty tricks, shitty editing but, at least, a great hip-hop song.

So your time won't be totally wasted.

Peace.

Awful Awfuls!

Piece of advice: Do NOT sell yourself short.

What do I have to look forward to if you’re doing that before I watch the video? Now to pick your statements in the intro:

“Shitty tricks” – I wouldn’t call the tricks “shitty”; that would probably be reserved for tricklining videos. From the first watch, I wouldn’t call these tricks as such, just ones that aren’t going to get much of a reaction, the reason being anything from realism to spot selection. However, there were a few tricks that stuck out to me - 3:20, 3:53, 4:03, 5:13-5:44.

“Shitty editing” – Again, not "shitty", and there you go again selling it short on the B-Roll intro (it was kind of funny if you get past the text). Out of curiosity, was there a point for adding the Frankenstein footy as b-roll? From an editing standpoint, it was okay. Trying syncing some clips to the beat on your next video. How you filmed the clips needs some work - making the camera flow smoother, not clipping the skater, ramping clips in-game, etc. - but I wouldn’t say it was bad. For example:

1:16 – Nice job panning the camera to show the license plate

2:41 - This could’ve been a separate b-roll clip if you cut out the first half of it. However, the transition to the next clip was good.

4:36 - You could’ve used an additional clip from a different angle to show how much margin for error the skater had on the manual.

“at least, a great hip-hop song” – To each his own on this statement. The song was okay. It wasn’t my cup of tea, but I’m just one opinion.

You can be forgiven that this is your first video, but you have start somewhere, right? Again, don’t sell yourself short. If you want to make better videos, just keep at it. For a first go, this wasn't bad.
    Last edited by Amphan; 01-04-2017 at 09:24 PM.

XBL
    Zobitembois

Thanks for the constructive feed back and advices.

The point about the frankenstein video was doing a joke about how the character is still alive riding without safety gear and bailling this bad. I'll try to stop the low selling and work more on tricks and editing.

That was a first and I had great fun filming and editing this thing. I gotta take a deeper look to the game editing tools, seems like I'm only using like 10% of its possibilities. And I'll also try to film every trick using a bunch of different angles so I can get better editing possibilities.

amphan covered you well beyond. He is right...never sell yourself short.
    people have been here for years and still are better off not even picking up a controller.
    You on the other hand have a sense of what skateboarding is. Kudos. ahah some people forget that.
    footplant at 4:10 was my peak moment for this video.
    whats best is that you can see that you are having fun playing this game. Hope to see more. Cheers!

XBL
    TheDietTea

I saw this one too
    Not taking it too serious shows and made the video fun
    I found myself laughing at the bails and enjoying the edit