Thread: Scalebound Cancelled?

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default Scalebound Cancelled?

So, this is confirmed now.
    Just makes me think about the insane video game industry, forcing developers to rush their works.
    It kinda sucks because it makes you curious about the final product, but in a way I can respect it.
    Rather than rushing or being ready to release by the date, it was all or nothing.
    More respect toward developers than publishers here from me.
    So, if we're to learn anything here I think it is that bigger publishing/development funding companies might give your more possibilities but it's also a huge gamble.
    You can accomplish every single thing you set out for, or you can settle and make sequels. Eventually hitting all your marks and maybe even the bigger companies' expectations.
    That's where my head went anyway. How did you guys take this news?

Amateur Flucker

years if hype down the drain. kinda down about this especially after i found out that it was co-op

Years of development out the window, pretty shitty way to end it. I wasn't excited for the game at all, but I'm sure the team behind it put in endless hours into this project and Microsoft gutted it. I'm curious how shutting it down, at this point, was better then just letting the finished product go out. Their potential for return on their investment just went from anywhere from a flop, to a huge profit, but now it's nothing. The explanation for them pulling the plug on this game is fucking ridiculously vague as well, "We’re working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and other great experiences." Since scalebound was going to be an xbox one exclusive, they basically said 'We're shutting down an exclusive game to you guys, to bring you other exclusives, that we might also cancel!'
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I'm curious how shutting it down, at this point, was better then just letting the finished product go out.
    Right?
    Like they are hiding something haha..
    Is every contract with Microsoft Studios an all or nothing? So odd.

if the product isn't at an acceptable point, and it will cost x amount of money and y amount of time, and it's already costing too much to make it worthwhile, i could easily see why they shut it down. it was an extremely inefficient machine that cost more to run than the value of what it could produce.

it wasn't all or nothing. it was a studio taking way too long to be worth continually paying. it turned into a bad investment.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 01-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Awful Awfuls!

no bother , for my tastes anyways, in my opinion the game looked like crap

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    if the product isn't at an acceptable point, and it will cost x amount of money and y amount of time, and it's already costing too much to make it worthwhile, i could easily see why they shut it down. it was an extremely inefficient machine that cost more to run than the value of what it could produce.

it wasn't all or nothing. it was a studio taking way too long to be worth continually paying. it turned into a bad investment.
    When it's put that way I can kinda get what you're saying.
    I suppose they could've overused the hours, milked them, but it didn't look like that to me.
    It looked like a polished attempt, something that would definitely live up to if not surpass MGRR and DMC. Which were both good IMO.

I'll also add that they already invested some of the money
    The game was near due to release
    To end it all was to save how much REALLY?
    Last edited by Antwan; 01-19-2017 at 07:54 AM.

let me google that for you...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...lopment-ceased

it's from over a week ago

edit:

"Scalebound was last seen in public back at Gamescom 2016 in August. Since then, the relationship between Microsoft and Osaka-based developer Platinum Games dramatically soured.

Work on the game took a serious knock last autumn, Eurogamer sources say, when several senior members of the development team were forced to take a month away from the pressure of the project's heavy workload.

These project members then returned, but Scalebound was now behind schedule. With continuing issues surrounding the game's engine and overdue deadlines, the decision was made that the project could no longer continue."
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 01-19-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

this wwas the one xbone game i was waiting for. i love platinum and im very disappointed

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

Blazing a Trail

You know what game I wish wasn't canceled? Sonic xtreme!