Default might as well | A Skate 3 Full Length

presenting:
    PoppinSuds
    bridenagain
    thug51491 (hoss,dan,ringo,ewoc)
    TSxR3N3GAD3
    Cole Fizzle

Thanks for Watching!

*PS - renegade's song credit is wrong, copyright fuckery. the song is logic - walk on by
    Last edited by PoppinSuds; 01-25-2017 at 06:38 PM.

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Do I even need to say how stoked I am about this? Bravo dude!

XBL
    Zobitembois

Just the perfect thing to watch drinkin' my morning coffee.

Pretty stoked about Cole Fizzle part (don't worry mates you all did great), the filming is on point and the chosen song gives a peacefull mood to the whole part. Lovely.

Good job guys.

wow this is like a short film. good job man.

XBL
    McBambi

man I really need to get my friends together to do something like this. I loved it!

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Quote Originally Posted by McBambi View Post
    man I really need to get my friends together to do something like this. I loved it!
    Really glad you liked it man! You've been killing it lately. Means a lot

We had a full length planned back in the day when most of us were on Illusion: PoppinSuds, Cole, Hossinater, and I. We put a bunch of great clips together only to find out that they would be lost forever. Had to put something together this time.
    Last edited by CA|Renegade; 01-27-2017 at 06:13 PM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Intro was cool, feel good.

PoppinSuds
    Like that S B @ 2:50
    Nice Idea @ 3:05
    Was Tight, I've Not seen that at that spot yet. @ 3:25
    Yess, Love that area. @ 3:28
    Wanted some Variations after seeing this. @ 4:01
    Clean Back to Back to Back TO BACK @ 4:23 @ 4:28 @ 4:30 @ 4:34

Briden
    That Song Tho Haha, Awesome.
    First Line Was Cool. @ 5:27
    Twas' Huge @ 5:34
    Line 2 Was Hype @ 5:40
    Dirty @ 6:20
    Unorthodox, Though not Impossible, Cool. @ 6:24
    Tight @ 6:26
    Pulled off Nicely @ 6:30
    Not even Sure how you pulled that Line Off. @ 6:41
    Really Cool Idea. @ 6:56
    Haha, It was Ridiculous, Then it Got Consistent, Insane. @ 7:52
    Cool @ 8:01
    Pretty Clean Line to be so Big. Props. @ 8:06

Thug
    Cool Song.
    Nice Catch @ 9:02
    Nice Find @ 9:18
    Glad to See this Legitimized. @ 10:26
    Okay, I see You Shane O Neil. @ 10:53

Hossinater
    Didn't think you could drop in that way, rad.

Dan
    Pretty Clean Trick.

Ringo
    Love That Gap @ 9:51

Ewoc
    Definitely Going to Skate some of those Ledges now. Cheers.

Renegade
    Super Clean. @ 11:23
    Would've Liked It to be in color, or at least a bit brighter but that's me. Kinda hard to catch the technicality there. Looks like a Tough Line. @ 11:28
    Spot Less Visited. @ 11:36
    Dope Combo. @ 11:41
    Some McGyver Shit. Clearly Good at Skating Switch. @ 11:49
    Was Hype Dude. Sweet Deal. @ 12:09
    Me and that spot have beef haha, so Hard to film. Nice Job. @ 12:13
    Cool Way to Start That Line. @ 12:25
    Mad Clean. @ 13:00
    Sick Thinking. @ 13:04
    What? Damn.. @ 13:14
    You're Mad. Love it. @ 13:25

Cole Fizzle
    Never Heard the song, Was a good Choice.
    Looks Fun to Hit. @ 14:23 @14:26
    Takes me Back. @ 15:13
    That's a New One. @ 16:32
    Hell Yeah. @ 17:06
    Ran out of Clever Words to use haha. Was a Clean Part.

Credits Were a nice touch.

I enjoyed that.
    Production was cool, Songs Set the Mood Well.
    Felt like A Session Amongst Friends and you guys weren't afraid to go big in it being so which is always cool.
    Filled to the Brim With Gems and Inspiration to Keep Rollin, Had To Rewind Quite a Bit.
    Congrats on pulling this off so Late in.
    Antwan Approves.
    Last edited by Antwan; 01-27-2017 at 09:34 AM.

@Renegade thanks bro! was hyped to have you back and killing it

@kriza cheers man!

@Zobitembois yeah man thanks! cole has always been ripping!

@McBambi for sure, its all about having fun with the boys! glad you enjoyed!

@Antwan thanks for all of the kind words! have always been a fan of people who take the time to write a review, HUGE appreciation!

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    Intro was cool, feel good.

PoppinSuds
    Like that S B @ 2:50
    Nice Idea @ 3:05
    Was Tight, I've Not seen that at that spot yet. @ 3:25
    Yess, Love that area. @ 3:28
    Wanted some Variations after seeing this. @ 4:01
    Clean Back to Back to Back TO BACK @ 4:23 @ 4:28 @ 4:30 @ 4:34

Briden
    That Song Tho Haha, Awesome.
    First Line Was Cool. @ 5:27
    Twas' Huge @ 5:34
    Line 2 Was Hype @ 5:40
    Dirty @ 6:20
    Unorthodox, Though not Impossible, Cool. @ 6:24
    Tight @ 6:26
    Pulled off Nicely @ 6:30
    Not even Sure how you pulled that Line Off. @ 6:41
    Really Cool Idea. @ 6:56
    Haha, It was Ridiculous, Then it Got Consistent, Insane. @ 7:52
    Cool @ 8:01
    Pretty Clean Line to be so Big. Props. @ 8:06

Thug
    Cool Song.
    Nice Catch @ 9:02
    Nice Find @ 9:18
    Glad to See this Legitimized. @ 10:26
    Okay, I see You Shane O Neil. @ 10:53

Hossinater
    Didn't think you could drop in that way, rad.

Dan
    Pretty Clean Trick.

Ringo
    Love That Gap @ 9:51

Ewoc
    Definitely Going to Skate some of those Ledges now. Cheers.

Renegade
    Super Clean. @ 11:23
    Would've Liked It to be in color, or at least a bit brighter but that's me. Kinda hard to catch the technicality there. Looks like a Tough Line. @ 11:28
    Spot Less Visited. @ 11:36
    Dope Combo. @ 11:41
    Some McGyver Shit. Clearly Good at Skating Switch. @ 11:49
    Was Hype Dude. Sweet Deal. @ 12:09
    Me and that spot have beef haha, so Hard to film. Nice Job. @ 12:13
    Cool Way to Start That Line. @ 12:25
    Mad Clean. @ 13:00
    Sick Thinking. @ 13:04
    What? Damn.. @ 13:14
    You're Mad. Love it. @ 13:25

Cole Fizzle
    Never Heard the song, Was a good Choice.
    Looks Fun to Hit. @ 14:23 @14:26
    Takes me Back. @ 15:13
    That's a New One. @ 16:32
    Hell Yeah. @ 17:06
    Ran out of Clever Words to use haha. Was a Clean Part.

Credits Were a nice touch.

I enjoyed that.
    Production was cool, Songs Set the Mood Well.
    Felt like A Session Amongst Friends and you guys weren't afraid to go big in it being so which is always cool.
    Filled to the Brim With Gems and Inspiration to Keep Rollin, Had To Rewind Quite a Bit.
    Congrats on pulling this off so Late in.
    Antwan Approves.
    Dude, thanks for the really solid review! Really glad you enjoyed this thing. It's so awesome that people are still putting as much effort as they are into videos 7 years after this game came out. Amazing and unrivaled.

Just to throw in a little side commentary...

11:23 I try to find as many unconventional spots as I can when I make videos. Throw a nice popless kickflip in there at the end? Dude!

11:28 Yeah, I agree with the color thing on that line, but I also really like how Blake (PoppinSuds) switched it to color once the beat dropped. He probably just threw that one there because it synced with the music. I hit the lower ledge and then hit the high rail on the same object. It took me a lil bit to get it to look as clean as it does, but there were definitely a few other clips on here that were harder to get no doubt.

11:36 Love that spot, but it took me forever to get a nice axle stall lined up while dropping back into the bank after. I kept flying over it, eating shit on the rail, or doing something else that I wasn't trying to do. Cole hit it too in his part.

11:41 Agreed! We hit this one on a team session and I was originally trying to grind the first lil ledge, manual down the top stair, and hit the second ledge at the end like I did. I kept getting caught up on the 2nd part of the ledge or grinding the top stair. I thought what I ended up with was dope.

11:49 Thank you sir! That's definitely something I've added to my game that I didn't used to do as much back in the day. When we were making this thing, Cole would be like "dude, is every clip in Renegade's part gonna be switch?" Or something along the lines of that at least

12:09 Double grinds are one of my favorite things to do in this game if you couldn't tell. Along with this one, my last 2 clips were also double grinds. However, the spot has to be right or it's not worth filming IMO. I liked how the board would catch on the second ledge after dropping down from the first one.

12:13 Oh yeah, dude. My typical way of filming gaps (fisheye from one of the sides) doesn't really work here because the gap is too big and it looks kinda janky like that. Long lens is the only way to go here. Had to get a switch tre over something. I love the way they look. Popless too.

12:25 Yup yup! Been nailing those boned ollies since Skate 2.

13:00 Can't go wrong with a nice hurricane, am I right?

13:04 Definitely one of my favorite clips in the video. Was harder to get than it looks. Not only was the front shove popless, but the rail itself is also kind of glitchy. It's like partially grindable and partially ungrindable at the same time. Maybe the programmers thought that nobody would ever really want to hit it? Idk man. A lot of the time when I would land on it with a nosegrind it would rocket me forward when I hit the ground. Really weird, right? If you look really closely, you can see that my trucks are hovering slightly over the rail, but the speed at which I was going down everything was on point and the game made a grinding sound when I hit it. Really strange. But it looks great IMO. I filmed it long lens mostly because I wanted to hide the fact that I was slightly hovering over the rail, but I think it looks the best that way regardless now that I see it again.

13:14 This one was actually inspired by General Jack's part in Seeds. LOVED how dope and clean looking his nose manual to noseslide came out. Check it out @ 15:50: https://youtu.be/HJ1V3tN95mw
    Found me the right spot to do something similar. Had to hit it switch, of course!

13:25 DUDE, I LOVE this one!! This might actually be my favorite clip in the entire video. I spotted that spot out trying to hit something unorthodox like usual. I noticed how close the ledge was to the rail and how that ledge was also shorter than the rail below it. I hit a tailslide because it looks cool and because it slows down your speed before the drop down to the rail below it allowing you to actually land on it. I knew if I popped out of it I would overshoot the rail, land on those bottom stairs, and bail. Second, landing in a feeble on the rail was a big challenge, no doubt. I kept landing in a board/lipslide. Not necessarily a bad thing, but the feeble looks better and was harder. Another thing about it was how short the rail below is making it difficult to clear the stairs at the end. Notice how there are like 3 stairs in front of the rail and how it's shorter to it's counterpart in the middle of the stairset. It's super easy to clip the last stair or two and bail here. I didn't want to pop out of my grind because it didn't look as good as simply riding out of it. As you can see, getting the perfect amount of speed and making some pretty precise movements was absolutely KEY here. On top of it all, the damn pedestrians were getting in my way. One of them was literally standing right in front of the spot and I still got it! It probably took me around 100 tries to nail this, but I got it exactly how I envisioned it and it was 100% worth all the time I spent on it.

BANGER This spot was going to be the bane of my existence. I got the only clip I could remember from Prism here: the final Illusion full that never was. In fact, that clip was so dope that it was the banger of the trailer that Seth put out, teasing me by showing it partially and then cutting it off abruptly giving me a reason to be dying to watch the video once it came out even more than I already was. It was also supposed to be my banger in that one too, but instead of the blunt to feeble I hit on this one I got something even harder: noseslide to crook. I began filming my part with this one and I gave it 500+ tries. I was satisfied with what I got on it (really, it's a dope looking combo and I'm proud of it!) and moved on. I knew it was possible to get nose to crook because I had done it that one time before, but I kept clipping, and clipping, and clipping, and clipping, and clipping, and JESUS CHRIST was that shit hard!!!!! I can't believe I actually managed to pull that shit off back in the day. But, no. I couldn't let it consume me. I had to move on and film the rest of my part. I couldn't just sit there for eternity until I pulled it off. Stoked at the way it turned out even though I didn't land the nose to crook.

Just thought I'd throw a little bit of my perspective and insight out there. Thank you to everybody who watched the video and thank you Antwan for the detailed review. We really appreciate that!

Lastly, I'm a HUGE fan of Logic, but I was really hoping that I'd be able to use JoHn Muir on here like the credits say. I'm not surprised that it triggered copyright fuckery on our video with Q's Interscope distribution deal and Blank Face LP getting nominated for the Best Rap Album Grammy, but it would have been really dope. One of the dopest beats I've ever heard in my entire life paired with ScHoolboy Q's signature grittiness makes for one hell of a song. Incredibly groovy. Perfect for a part IMO. It may be a free mixtape, but Welcome to Forever is a classic and Walk on By made for a nice replacement. I've definitely spent more of my days listening to that mixtape than Q's new album. Been bumping him since 2012 when nobody knew who he was.
    Last edited by CA|Renegade; 01-27-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Blazing a Trail
    Steam
    Eastcoastskateboard1
    PSN
    anderson347
    XBL
    CoastSkates

This was cool. I've always liked your content poppin. It's refreshing to see someone put out a full length video again.
    L8 Media

Team Avid

Thanks for letting me be a part of this Poppin. So stoked it came out this well. One thing that always wins me over in a full length is cohesiveness. Multiple people skating the same spots, friends in the background of clips, just an overall feeling that it wasn't a bunch of clips thrown onto a timeline. And you did that really well.
    A few highlights:
    Poppin - Curb cut lines are always a soft spot of mine. Fakie fs shuv out of the 180 fakie manny was perfect. Sanitarium session was gold. Sw front 3 over the rail. Hurricane Halfcab pop over could have looked so shitty but you did it proper af. THE ENDER
    I really love how you edited my section
    Thug - 360 revert out of the switch manny. Kickflip 180 nosegrind with the perfect lock in. Vflip manny 180 out used the spot really well. Noseslide fakie before the kink gave me a realism boner.
    Renegade - Sw bs flip to front crook lock in was gnarly. Crook drop noseslide. Footplant on the yellow bar was tight. Sugarcane to regular came out awesome. Ender is a mindbender.
    Cole - Damn you with the song making me tear up. The homage came out fantastic. Yellow sign wallies. Back tail across the stairs. Uphill back smith come on! Again, curb cut lines. Hardflip into the bank. Sw front blunt pop out to regs into the street. Ollie up to front blunt at the ribbons spot, definitely going to steal that. Beautiful ending to the video.
    Last edited by briden; 01-29-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

loved it. i miss chilling with briden. good to see from footage from him. everyone else killed it. last section was killer

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

XBL
    Stokenstein

Gotta watch this. Stoked to see a full length.

Sick video. Bravo to all involved. Makes me wish I still had weekly crew sessions.

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Means a lot coming from you old heads! At the end of it all, I hope we manage to get the full lengths going again. Getting to sesh with these dudes again was probably the best part of it all. Like Briden said, we put a lot of cohesion into this thing, and it was on display from the intro to the end. Of course not all of our clips were at the same spots, but you could see the same spot being hit in multiple parts whether it was just 2 of us or almost all of us hitting one thing or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    Gotta watch this. Stoked to see a full length.

Quote Originally Posted by kellylitz View Post
    Sick video. Bravo to all involved. Makes me wish I still had weekly crew sessions.

I <3 PoppinSuds
    There used to be a time where you could be sure that you weren't talking to hebrew. That time is now lost.

@Coast cheers man!

@briden glad to have you in vids as always my dude, and thanks for all the love <3

@momadaddy thanks man! briden is a shredder, thats for sure

@Stokenstein im the exact same when it comes to FL's, there's just a certain creative aspect about them that ive always loved

@kellylitz thanks man! always fun times to get the homies involved and make something awesome

@hebrew my dude! <333