Thread: Tony Hawk involved with new game, isn't with Activision.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    super agreed
    super disagree. Thrasher was released less than a month after THPS came out, so it was in development the same time as THPS. Thrasher was a lot more like Skate in the fact that you had to decide which trick you were doing before you popped. If THPS never came out Thrasher might have been more popular (I say "might" because a lot of people were turned off by the difficulty). Skate or Die was very popular when I was a kid, so was 720. Skateboarding games are gonna come out regardless. How many and how often depends on the popularity of skating at the time and possible profit to be made from that type of game. THPS brought the genre to people that normally wouldn't like skating games, but Thrasher was always a better game. If anything, THPS filled the skating game audience with a shit ton of people that don't actually like the realistic games. (edit: but those people are loud and obnoxious enough to sway the development decisions of studios and publishers, for the worse)

2nd edit: Tony said multiple times that he was playing the game during development and that it was amazing. "shit thats never been done before" -paraphrased, but he said that. those are either flat out lies, or he has no clue so he shouldnt be taliing about something he is so clueless about. i concur. fuck tony.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 01-31-2017 at 10:36 AM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    super disagree. Thrasher was released less than a month after THPS came out, so it was in development the same time as THPS. Thrasher was a lot more like Skate in the fact that you had to decide which trick you were doing before you popped. If THPS never came out Thrasher might have been more popular (I say "might" because a lot of people were turned off by the difficulty). Skate or Die was very popular when I was a kid, so was 720. Skateboarding games are gonna come out regardless. How many and how often depends on the popularity of skating at the time and possible profit to be made from that type of game. THPS brought the genre to people that normally wouldn't like skating games, but Thrasher was always a better game. If anything, THPS filled the skating game audience with a shit ton of people that don't actually like the realistic games. (edit: but those people are loud and obnoxious enough to sway the development decisions of studios and publishers, for the worse)

2nd edit: Tony said multiple times that he was playing the game during development and that it was amazing. "shit thats never been done before" -paraphrased, but he said that. those are either flat out lies, or he has no clue so he shouldnt be taliing about something he is so clueless about. i concur. fuck tony.

dont get me wrong Thrasher was the SHIT!!!!!!!
    I forever will love Thrasher and Grind Session and ESPN Skateboarding