Thread: Tony Hawk involved with new game, isn't with Activision.

XBL
    Stokenstein

Default Tony Hawk involved with new game, isn't with Activision.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I never understood the secrecy behind game development.
    Why not just tell everyone what's coming?
    The company is a secret too? Hmm...
    Definitely an interesting theory in the article.
    I can't even imagine what Tony and a Team would come up with.
    I'm just trying to picture it..
    Imagine a Skate Game with Pro Skater Level Design/Objects.
    If Done right such a collaboration might not be a bad thing.
    The Pro Skater Games took extreme care in adding details to everything.
    I can see an expansion on the prop system, a skatepark overhaul with new objects, bigger areas to build parks within.
    There are some things those games did right and it would be real nice to see the best parts in Skate.

"I’m potentially working on something"

substantial statement =D

"what if the next Skate game is going to have Tony Hawk’s input?"

That part is scarier than the exorcist
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

XBL
    Stokenstein

Quote Originally Posted by DaaGooN View Post
    "what if the next Skate game is going to have Tony Hawk’s input?"

That part is scarier than the exorcist
    Right?? Haha

I'd love to see Tony as a playable character though.

I think tony hawk was thwarted back in the day to stick to the controls that made the franchise. They barely stemmed off from the formula, added that dual thumbstick tricking which was cool but other than that nothing really.

he must have an idea about how Skate controls differently from his games. I would hope.

He should pay all of us on this forum to become consultants for the game, to avoid any resemblances from his past attempts. xD

so within 2-3 years we might have a surplus of skateboarding games to choose from on console. sounds good to me.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

LMAO yea we get a new game by the guy that tolk your money the last time and run away ..he never left a comment about how hawk 5 was just a cash grab to fuck fan´s .... great ... fuck tony hawk

its was the last year for activision to own the rights to the tony hawk franchise, so they pumped it out. Clearly the worst thing they could have done but meh.

and no dont fuck tony hawk, if it wasnt for him, we wouldn't have the skate concepts. if thps didnt exist....would we have ever stumbled upon a game like skate? probably...lol iunno
    Last edited by saunders420; 01-31-2017 at 08:01 AM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    its was the last year for activision to own the rights to the tony hawk franchise, so they pumped it out. Clearly the worst thing they could have done but meh.

and no dont fuck tony hawk, if it wasnt for him, we wouldn't have the skate concepts. if thps didnt exist....would we have ever stumbled upon a game like skate? probably...lol iunno
    super agreed

XBL
    TheDietTea

So, Tony Has done interviews about Pro Skater 5, If you guys saw them or not I don't know.
    He Was Clear about that series remaining or attempting to remain what it had always been.
    Arcade, Fun, Not Serious, Something For the OG Fans.
    I'm at a Complete Assumption but I feel like it was just one more game to give a shot rather than a sequel.
    He has helped to market all kinds of skateboarding games though.
    Most of them do seem a bit unrealistic but honestly, is that what your fear is really about?
    As If Skate was a hyper realistic game itself..
    I understand wanting it to take that shape or direction but I don't think that it ever would have.
    Why limit yourself to the boundaries and tiring efforts that are real life skating?
    Now hear me out, is it not an extension of skateboarding to create something new and in the splice of arcade and realism?
    It's like a whole new take on pushing what's possible for skateboarding, virtually, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    super agreed
    super disagree. Thrasher was released less than a month after THPS came out, so it was in development the same time as THPS. Thrasher was a lot more like Skate in the fact that you had to decide which trick you were doing before you popped. If THPS never came out Thrasher might have been more popular (I say "might" because a lot of people were turned off by the difficulty). Skate or Die was very popular when I was a kid, so was 720. Skateboarding games are gonna come out regardless. How many and how often depends on the popularity of skating at the time and possible profit to be made from that type of game. THPS brought the genre to people that normally wouldn't like skating games, but Thrasher was always a better game. If anything, THPS filled the skating game audience with a shit ton of people that don't actually like the realistic games. (edit: but those people are loud and obnoxious enough to sway the development decisions of studios and publishers, for the worse)

2nd edit: Tony said multiple times that he was playing the game during development and that it was amazing. "shit thats never been done before" -paraphrased, but he said that. those are either flat out lies, or he has no clue so he shouldnt be taliing about something he is so clueless about. i concur. fuck tony.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 01-31-2017 at 10:36 AM.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post

yea i playd the old hawk stuff too back in the days and i loved it .. but man all the games after 3 just suckd ass .. and tony dont even has the balls to say sorry for fucking you over because he is a cunt .. he knew this game was not worth 15 bucks but he rolld with it .. so fuck him

XBL
    SKATAN 81

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    So, Tony Has done interviews about Pro Skater 5, If you guys saw them or not I don't know.
    He Was Clear about that series remaining or attempting to remain what it had always been.
    Arcade, Fun, Not Serious, Something For the OG Fans.
    I'm at a Complete Assumption but I feel like it was just one more game to give a shot rather than a sequel.
    He has helped to market all kinds of skateboarding games though.
    Most of them do seem a bit unrealistic but honestly, is that what your fear is really about?
    As If Skate was a hyper realistic game itself..
    I understand wanting it to take that shape or direction but I don't think that it ever would have.
    Why limit yourself to the boundaries and tiring efforts that are real life skating?
    Now hear me out, is it not an extension of skateboarding to create something new and in the splice of arcade and realism?
    It's like a whole new take on pushing what's possible for skateboarding, virtually, anything.
    yea i know them og fans you talk about because i and my fellas have more play time in the demo than most fans playd the whole serias . and no one ever sayd the game is pervect let it like it is .. this just sounds stupid .. and what else he could say about the game then ""Arcade, Fun, Not Serious, Something For the OG Fans."" because the had nuthing to offer in this pice of shit ...
    its like im selling you a 15 years old pizza and tell you that OG´s and only OG´s like that ...

XBL
    TheDietTea

I seem to remember a video EA and Blackbox Pushed on MTV's Rob and Big about EA Skate looking photo realistic.
    That's the Industry Period. Pre-Rendered Hype. Lies. DLC.
    You act like Tony took something from you. So are you afraid for Skate or Upset for Pro Skater? Maybe both?
    I guess I can understand that.
    I feel optimistic though, A Partnership with EA could mean the big time.
    Finally, a partially realistic game from Tony.. or an upset that is a marketing strategy not even tied to EA at all.
    Who knows, all hypothetical.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

tony took nuthing away from me .. but belive me i would be soo pissed if i have bought the game .. but i already knew it would be really bad ... and like i sayd tony sayd never sorry for fucking fans over ..
    yea and im scared that skate 4 will suck .. and im really upset that tony will make an other game after the last one yea i know he did not program the game but he stays with his name for it and that should mean some thing .. but it dont .. he even made sure that i will never buy or support anything he will touch again even if the next game will be good .. soo .... him

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    super disagree. Thrasher was released less than a month after THPS came out, so it was in development the same time as THPS. Thrasher was a lot more like Skate in the fact that you had to decide which trick you were doing before you popped. If THPS never came out Thrasher might have been more popular (I say "might" because a lot of people were turned off by the difficulty). Skate or Die was very popular when I was a kid, so was 720. Skateboarding games are gonna come out regardless. How many and how often depends on the popularity of skating at the time and possible profit to be made from that type of game. THPS brought the genre to people that normally wouldn't like skating games, but Thrasher was always a better game. If anything, THPS filled the skating game audience with a shit ton of people that don't actually like the realistic games. (edit: but those people are loud and obnoxious enough to sway the development decisions of studios and publishers, for the worse)

2nd edit: Tony said multiple times that he was playing the game during development and that it was amazing. "shit thats never been done before" -paraphrased, but he said that. those are either flat out lies, or he has no clue so he shouldnt be taliing about something he is so clueless about. i concur. fuck tony.

dont get me wrong Thrasher was the SHIT!!!!!!!
    I forever will love Thrasher and Grind Session and ESPN Skateboarding