Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    SKATAN 81

Default TRUE SKATE : BIG SCREEN CONSOLE VERSION

Steam
    jesselack

o__o

I'm in class so I couldn't actually listen to what was being said. However, this does look promising. I'm a huge fan of the app "Skater," (IMO they handle rotation and grinding way better than True Skate) and I was wondering why these companies making mobile skate titles hadn't tried something on a larger scale. I commend them for being the ones to actually go for it, but who knows what we're actually going to end up with. I will say this, the current world they have does look very nice, but right now it seems WestEnd is further along on the development of his own game in terms of actual tricks.

Which reminds me, WestEnd, if you read this, please don't let this deter you from making your game. More than one option is always a good thing, and i have a feeling that an indie title made with the fake-skate communities best interest in mind will be a far better game than what could possibly be an attempt to make some quick cash off the 12 year olds who just want skate 4. just my two cents.

reminder: I haven't actually listened to the video. If anything super important was said please let me know.

edit: I watched again with the captions on. I didn't miss anything important, but it did confirm the option to use your touchscreen to play the game, which is a gimmick and a half. Anyone trying to actually skateboard in the game would not benefit from this at all
    Last edited by noobtard07; 03-15-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

thats whats up

Blazing a Trail

Video is private... True skate is amazing.. the physics are very realistic.. best mobile skate game out there.. I'd love to play this on console with a controller

Steam
    jesselack

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    Video is private... True skate is amazing.. the physics are very realistic.. best mobile skate game out there.. I'd love to play this on console with a controller
    yeah not totally sure why they took the video down/made it private. maybe due to the fact that the kickstarter doesn't actually exist yet. same with the feedback email they posted, it comes back as non-existent. weird. IMO Skater is the better mobile app anyway
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

Blazing a Trail

I like both TS and Skater.. both have their strengths.. TS had the best physics.. skaters grinding was kinda off.. grinds don't really lock in some times.. skaters levels are far better then TS.. loved both games but it's hard to play long with touch screen. My fingers get wore out... Touch Grind 2 sucked.. physics were shit and arcade