Thread: HELP! - Intel vs AMD (pc build)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    emericaridr11

Default HELP! - Intel vs AMD (pc build)

Intel vs AMD, of course I did my own research but I didnt get many answers mostly just "go with intel"
    here is my basic run down....

everything Im looking at is on craigslist and pre-owned, but all have gaming mobos and just decent specs all around, however I am wondering about these in particular:
    AMD 9590
    AMD 8350

Intel i5 6600
    Intel i5 6500
    Intel i5 4690

Intel i7 6700
    Intel i7 4790
    Intel i7 5280
    Intel i7 4770

-is having a i5 6600 really that much more beneficial than a i5 4690? (which seems to be the most popular gaming processor I see)
    -someone shed some light on this whole action, where dem geeks at?

- is a i7 really that much better than a 8 core AMD?
    - for rendering AND gaming is AMD or Intel the way to go?

- Im looking for all the info I can get, for reals... lay it on me please, I want to know!!..... My main use will be 3d rendering/game design stuff/editing... and then of course games too
    - Im fine with GPU info, I got them bitches down just fine... its the processor and mobos that get me

HELP PALS!! or dont, whatever

I can't give you quite more of an answer than you've already got.. Just get an intel ;P AMD are kinda the budget processors and intel for the more high end pc's. intels give you a higher framerate, and with quite the difference.
    Can't tell you much about the difference between the i5's though. I got the i7 6700 and works great in combination with my gtx 970, gives me decent framerates on highest settings for most games, except bf1 I gotta play on high settings.

I'm running an older model of the i7 (3770k) and it's still working great for me. From my personal experience I would recommend an i7 for sure.
    All of my friends have had amd cpus that they like, but my intel has never let me down, so i'll probably stick with them.
    Also, if you google something like cpu benchmark tests there's some sites that compare value, power, etc, so you could check those out too.

Reading alot about the new ryzen cpu being a beast in terms of editing multitasking etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/

Quote Originally Posted by Reserrved View Post
    Reading alot about the new ryzen cpu being a beast in terms of editing multitasking etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/
    this. ryzen taking the charm for price/performance
    are you upgrading just your cpu?? if so what socket is your cpu using, use cpu-z and it will tell you in the package line.
    then you can find the best processor for your machine
    Last edited by saunders420; 04-10-2017 at 09:08 AM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    this. ryzen taking the charm for price/performance
    are you upgrading just your cpu?? if so what socket is your cpu using, use cpu-z and it will tell you in the package line.
    then you can find the best processor for your machine
    I was thinking about what you would say Saunders, nah man that comp we were talking about on Facebook (the one I traded a guitar for) had to be sold to fund for my fathers kidney stone surgery (Ive been back on the mac for months and months)

so if I cant afford a Ryzen, then go with i7 4 Core is what yall saying.... fuck the AMD 8 Cores right?

Steam
    jesselack

simplest answer i can give: STRICTLY workstation PC: go Ryzen. Cheap, 8 cores, and definitely a monster in terms of rendering/multitasking/etc. Gaming? Not so much. In fact having 8 cores for gaming is useless considering most games barely even utilize 4 cores.

Workstation AND gaming? Go Intel. I have an i7-6700K OC'd to 4.4ghz and the thing is KILLER. I'm a TV and Film Major so I do a lot of video editing projects with high end cameras. Rendering uncompressed FHD video is a breeze, Blender renders are quick (500+ sample render in about a minute), Photoshop and AE are lightning fast.

As for gaming, let's put it this way. Paired with my gtx980SC, I can run ANY game from like 2014 and back on ultra at 60fps, 1440p. Some newer games I have a little trouble with (and by that I mean having to play them on "very high" instead) but that's entirely related to my GPU. Still tryin to get that 1080Ti
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life