Thread: HELP! - Intel vs AMD (pc build)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reading alot about the new ryzen cpu being a beast in terms of editing multitasking etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/

Quote Originally Posted by Reserrved View Post
    Reading alot about the new ryzen cpu being a beast in terms of editing multitasking etc. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/
    this. ryzen taking the charm for price/performance
    are you upgrading just your cpu?? if so what socket is your cpu using, use cpu-z and it will tell you in the package line.
    then you can find the best processor for your machine
    Last edited by saunders420; 04-10-2017 at 09:08 AM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    this. ryzen taking the charm for price/performance
    are you upgrading just your cpu?? if so what socket is your cpu using, use cpu-z and it will tell you in the package line.
    then you can find the best processor for your machine
    I was thinking about what you would say Saunders, nah man that comp we were talking about on Facebook (the one I traded a guitar for) had to be sold to fund for my fathers kidney stone surgery (Ive been back on the mac for months and months)

so if I cant afford a Ryzen, then go with i7 4 Core is what yall saying.... fuck the AMD 8 Cores right?

Steam
    jesselack

simplest answer i can give: STRICTLY workstation PC: go Ryzen. Cheap, 8 cores, and definitely a monster in terms of rendering/multitasking/etc. Gaming? Not so much. In fact having 8 cores for gaming is useless considering most games barely even utilize 4 cores.

Workstation AND gaming? Go Intel. I have an i7-6700K OC'd to 4.4ghz and the thing is KILLER. I'm a TV and Film Major so I do a lot of video editing projects with high end cameras. Rendering uncompressed FHD video is a breeze, Blender renders are quick (500+ sample render in about a minute), Photoshop and AE are lightning fast.

As for gaming, let's put it this way. Paired with my gtx980SC, I can run ANY game from like 2014 and back on ultra at 60fps, 1440p. Some newer games I have a little trouble with (and by that I mean having to play them on "very high" instead) but that's entirely related to my GPU. Still tryin to get that 1080Ti
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

XBL
    emericaridr11

Im going to link some that Im looking at, could some of you dudes compare and let me know which you think would benefit a Render mostly then Gamer 2nd

YALL ROCK, I want to learn... Im a nerd myself

Steam
    jesselack

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    couldnt recommend this site enough
    RISE Sorable: why do something in a game you can do in real life

XBL
    emericaridr11

Oh yeah that was my first stop... pcpartpicker, helped with a good idea on budget.....

BUT everything I'm looking at is used on Craigslist so i will actually get a better deal (by about $200 to $400 off a new machine price)

Im gonna link the few I'm looking at (all i7), and you sides can maybe push me in the right direction

Last time I came directly to Saunders and he didn't lead me wrong, I trust y'alls judgement more than a forum