Thread: Renegade @ SPoT/Berrics

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Default Renegade @ SPoT/Berrics

It's been a minute since I put something out & I got my hands on these parks. Thought it'd make a great vid. Enjoy, y'all!

Awful Awfuls!

Nice one, Renegade. Sounds like you used Joey Bada$$, but I could be wrong.

- 1:01 looked so good. Don’t know why, but it’s so tough to look good even in switch, but you pulled it off.
    - 1:11 was crazy
    - Loved the sync of lyric to trick @ 2:14
    - That ender was REALLY out there. Was not expecting that.

Again, this was a nice watch. Music made this nice and chill.

Faves | :10, :43, 1:01, 1:11, 1:31-:48, 1:56, 2:14-:38, 2:50, 3:09

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Quote Originally Posted by Amphan View Post
    Nice one, Renegade. Sounds like you used Joey Bada$$, but I could be wrong.

- 1:01 looked so good. Don’t know why, but it’s so tough to look good even in switch, but you pulled it off.
    - 1:11 was crazy
    - Loved the sync of lyric to trick @ 2:14
    - That ender was REALLY out there. Was not expecting that.

Again, this was a nice watch. Music made this nice and chill.

Faves | :10, :43, 1:01, 1:11, 1:31-:48, 1:56, 2:14-:38, 2:50, 3:09
    Thanks for the solid review Amphan!

Yes, it's Sweet Dreams by Joey Bada$$. Off of his Summer Knights mixtape. One of my favorites, no doubt! I've even seen him live before! In Vegas opening for Logic about a month and a half ago. Before he fucked up his eyes staring at the eclipse SMH...

1:01 - Switch feeble 180 is dope! Never really thought about the difficulty because I hadn't tried them until recently, but I haven't seen many people do those now that you mention it. Not the 1st time I've managed to get a clean one like that tho. Just wait til Suds puts out the new full

1:11 Switch Tre Noseblunt! The switch stuff is definitely something I've added to my game since coming back. Getting over the rail without clipping the board on it is a bitch, but I like challenging myself, and trying hard stuff a bunch of times adds replay value to the game IMO.

2:14 - Hahahahah glad you noticed that! It's probably the reason why I chose to use the song in the 1st place. That and the chill vibe of it. As for the trick itself, it was inspired by this:

Ender - Yeah, I was trying to something that would top the 50-50 launch and the clip after it with the bench and the bonk. I was originally trying to launch from the kicker to the red rail, but that jump is EXTREMELY hard if not impossible! I landed in a noseslide on that little ledge, but hit the session marker before landing. Then I tried to land on the ledge on purpose after that and that's what you get in the vid.

Awful Awfuls!

Wow, he looked at the eclipse?! Man, you have to be a live idiot to do that. Heck, the prospect of being blind for the rest of your life scared the crap out of me when I looked at the solar eclipse. Wow…just…idiotic.

Anyway…you really don’t see too many people pulling switch feebles; no matter which way, it’s just really difficult and time-consuming as any other trick or line you want to pull, but it’s really rewarding when done right, and you did.

The Switch Tre Noseblunt felt like Switch Tre Blunt, but that’s crazy. I imagine that trick is a bitch when it comes to the obstacle. I agree about the replay value coming from trying these tricks, and then some. When it comes to that, I always think EA catching hell (deservedly so) for shutting down the sites and graphics creators with their BS “less than 1 percent” reasoning.

That Grind Session clip is bringing back memories too; played that game and had fun with it, but never thought you would get some influence from that game. “Blue Flowers” by Dr. Octagon, Jurassic 5’s “Jayou”, RZA’s track, and Pigpen’s profile about having an “Irregular” stance will always stand out to me in that game. Oh, and KRS-One’s “Out for Fame” being played to Daewon’s movie.

So many memories.

solid little edit duuuuude, 1:57, 2:25, 2:35, 2:55, 3:10 were my favorite tricks

your welcome for the parks lol

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Quote Originally Posted by Amphan View Post
    Wow, he looked at the eclipse?! Man, you have to be a live idiot to do that. Heck, the prospect of being blind for the rest of your life scared the crap out of me when I looked at the solar eclipse. Wow…just…idiotic.

Anyway…you really don’t see too many people pulling switch feebles; no matter which way, it’s just really difficult and time-consuming as any other trick or line you want to pull, but it’s really rewarding when done right, and you did.

The Switch Tre Noseblunt felt like Switch Tre Blunt, but that’s crazy. I imagine that trick is a bitch when it comes to the obstacle. I agree about the replay value coming from trying these tricks, and then some. When it comes to that, I always think EA catching hell (deservedly so) for shutting down the sites and graphics creators with their BS “less than 1 percent” reasoning.

That Grind Session clip is bringing back memories too; played that game and had fun with it, but never thought you would get some influence from that game. “Blue Flowers” by Dr. Octagon, Jurassic 5’s “Jayou”, RZA’s track, and Pigpen’s profile about having an “Irregular” stance will always stand out to me in that game. Oh, and KRS-One’s “Out for Fame” being played to Daewon’s movie.

So many memories.
    Yup, he did. Wish it weren't true, man! I love Joey, but fuck is he stupid for doing that! http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.44484/ti...after-eclipse#

Got them switch feebles on lock!

It's definitely a Switch Tre Blunt. I just don't skate in real life so I get the terminology confused sometimes. Really wish I could tho

Fuck EA. It's pretty obvious people like the Skate series and want to play this game and want a sequel, but they still keep it on the shelf indefinitely. I know all they give a damn about is money, but I'm shocked that they can't see the profit potential in Skate 4 at the very least.

I know right? I found Grind Session at Bookman's down the street for $3. HAD to get it! Such a good game! I think it's better than the 1st Tony Hawk for sure. Better levels, better soundtrack, better feel in general, more challenging towards the end, etc. Also, aside from no graffiti the Burnside level is EXACTLY like the park in real life. The scale of it all is on point! I went to check it out when I was in Portland like 6 months ago.

XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Quote Originally Posted by PoppinSuds View Post
    solid little edit duuuuude, 1:57, 2:25, 2:35, 2:55, 3:10 were my favorite tricks

your welcome for the parks lol
    Thanks my dude! You really came thru with those parks! Thank God for the replay glitch!!

That footplant came out exactly how I intended. Practically popless and I get the board under my feet just in time.

I love anything I can get a good looking bonk on!

Got that idea from watching Chris Cole's First Try Day

That idea came from Chaz Ortiz's First Try Friday. Well... running up the stairs like that at least. The switch overcrook just seemed like a cool trick to do at that spot.

Gotta come with those clean catches!