Thread: Session Pre-Alpha Copies - Creature will send us...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/durrik2flyy
    he's streaming with the controller layout so you can see how his inputs correlate on screen

this is about as good as its gonna get until we get our hands on it

lord know I'm dropping demo videos at a rate that hasn't been seen since skate 1 adopted days, gotta get that practice out the way
    Yooooo, thank you for sharing the stream and dropping by the channel man! It was insanely cool to throw it back to the OG skate days talking about all of our teams and videos, drama and whatever else happened back then haha.

I'm super honored to be playing the prototype and have done every single trick/line that has been requested of me so far and refused to give up until I succeeded. It is indescribable how rewarding it is when you nail that trick that you've been trying to land and bailing on for a good half hour and then you hit it... flucking bliss man. Then you have to land it a second time, only cleaner!

Also, it's insane, once you hit a trick one time, it's that much easier to hit again a second time because you just FEEL it and it's like, "oh shit, that's what that feels like," and then you hit it more and more consistently until you have it on lock. Seriously, the learning curve in this game, it's just like real life, only less painful and slightly less time to master tricks.

I did a 4 hour stream of Session. yesterday and a 5 hour stream today and am still not bored, even in that tiny park, I still want to hit things I've already hit a million times in ways I haven't hit them yet. This is what OG skate. fans have been waiting for and more. This is going to be a skate vid makers DREAM.

durrik...

i dont twitch so I have a few questions.
    are those streams available for me to salivate over and over on your? twitch account?

edit:
    I found your shit.
    thank you
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    durrik...

i dont twitch so I have a few questions.
    are those streams available for me to salivate over and over on your? twitch account?

edit:
    I found your shit.
    thank you
    Yessir haha unfortunately the audio is muted because of a lot of the music that played during the stream. Best parts of the stream were during the last third of the stream or so where people were requesting tricks and I was trying them over and over until I got them.

Thanks for checking out the streams man!

congratulations on the aggressive amount of traffic your twitch will receive hahah...

if you get ten cents for every add im gong to get your 10 dollars by the end of today...

thanks for uploading..
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Hell yeah dude! I don't receive anything for follows but a chance for more publicity so thank you a ton for the support my dude!

Also, check out what happens when creā-ture asks me to nollie tre the fence haha.

https://streamable.com/7v0yb
    Last edited by durrik; 11-03-2017 at 06:57 AM.

that scoop was on fire hahahah

#prostatus
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

After about 10 hours of playing the prototype, I have sent crea-ture some suggestions that I came up with during my sessions with Session

Below is a direct copy and paste of the message I sent them, let me know what you guys think!

"I'm not sure if you guys have time to read any suggestions and I'm sure you guys already have plans for a lot of this, but your control scheme has inspired me, haha. I know you're working on catch mechanics for tricks and I think it would be perfect to be able to click both sticks in once the board is upright to stomp your feet down and land the trick, this would make tricks even more challenging to master (needing to catch tricks could be an optional difficulty mode) and would make them even more rewarding, it would also allow for double flips as you'd be able to a kickflip and just not stomp it down until the board has flipped twice. Also, another thing I thought of, was, (this could work for all tricks but 360 flip is my example) the way you do a 360 flip could be dictated by the speed at which you "swirl" the right stick. The slower you do the motion on the right stick, the slower the board actually does the flip. You could do be stair gaps and do a nice, slow buttery treflip that flips through the entire duration while you're in the air and you catch it just before it hits the ground, I think that would look soooooo sick from a filming perspective.

Also, I know you're working on balancing for grinds and I had an idea for that as well. Only really make balancing a grind come in after a certain distance, for short grinds it would never even matter, but for long grinds, after some distance, have an animation where the skater starts leaning from one side to the other and possibly use the triggers (since they're used for turning) or RB and LB to counter balance in the opposite direction to keep yourself going. Also, if both triggers were pulled at the same time, it could have a "thrust" mechanic. Where say you're grinding down a kinked rail that goes down, then flat, then down again, well you would slow down on the flat part and to be able to pull both triggers to kind of thrust you forward to make it to the second slope of the rail would be so sick.

These are just a couple things I thought of in the 5 hours I spent playing it yesterday and I don't know if you're at all open to these suggestions, but I figured I would toss you guys my 2 cents for what it's worth. Rock on dudes and keep up the work on this amazing game."