Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kickstarter Delayed - Play the demo today!

Project: Session Team

Default Kickstarter Delayed - Play the demo today!

Hey!

We decided to take an extra week to tighten the screws on our Kickstarter page so we can really stick the landing for you guys when we launch on November 21st.

SO! We decided to give you guys the demo a week earlier!

Have a blast, knock yourself out and more than anything...

Spread this shit like it is a disease!

Cheers folks and thanks again for your patience!

www.crea-turestudios.com

https://youtu.be/GGwpXozmtB4

AAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WE ON MOTHER FLUCKERS

AAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

bless you beautiful sommammammamm bishes ha!
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Hell yeah, downloading and checking out the build, super stoked and I will continue to show and tell everyone I know

cavman graphics at 1200x720 and im above 60 fps on my lenovo z70 i7.

also 180 to grinds are hilariously bringing back so many thrasher skate an destroy memories.

we lit!
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Sweett baby jesus!

XBL
    emericaridr11

Dear Crea-ture Studios, you fucking rock!!
    once I saw the demo was released, my motivation for getting my video review out went down.... HOWEVER that doesnt mean I dont plan to do one, just why not use demo footage now too (postponed haha, whatever right)... anyways, I have lots of thoughts but everything is feeling AWESOME!!! Not AMAZING but AWESOME, super fun but could of course use some work (granted it is just a early build alpha thing at the moment)

here are some of my meaningless thoughts with the alpha/demo.. they mean NOTHING, and Im aware the game isnt in a polished state (and believe me this is just shit off the top of my head Im sure Im missing tons of things I wanted to mention, too much to discuss here its funny)

-

1. I just want you guys to know.... everyone here at fluckit who has been paying attention knows where you guys came from and how far it has come. The fact that you went from a single path to free roam, bravo! You will get a lot of comments from people who dont know that and even more they are going to compare your game to Skate. "Well skate has this and does it this way which worked fine".... fuck them!! but at the same time thats the demographic hahahaha

2. I will mention things that will seem like a no brainer, dont mind that... just want to give as good as feedback as possible and I do take into account this is a early build with no motion capture animations and blah blah

3. Overall Control Feel - honestly, Im loving the controls in a grand scope of things. Everything flicks nicely, the timing on the scoops is fine and not too delayed feeling, turning is ok, feeling good overall the 2 feet setup is amazing

4. Pushing - the spam to push faster is great, but the first couple pushes should be more powerful (I did find a way to be able to push fast almost as soon as you throw your board down)

5. Spinning - feels stiff still, but understandable. The velocity is nice, the softer you have the triggers held the slower you spin

6. Grinds - while most work fine and look good even right now, they work as buttons and less like body position and weight. I think most of us expected it to be like, Ollie, Turn into a boardslide and your boardsliding. Or turn slightly into a smith, touch the back foot down to establish a weight foot, then let go really quickly to drop the nose... or something like that, but instead its more like use the analogs as buttons which causes THPS looking grind locks.... even though your guy does slightly turn into say a noseslide before you touch the ledge, it still looks like you snap into anything you want. Good example is to do a 270 to a boardslide that snaps you the opposite way, it looks like Thrasher or THPS at this point (and feels like it to, grinding that is).... I feel like I have to use the triggers some to make say a lipslide look decent

7. Tailslides - some people will think tailslides and bluntslides should be switched, but to me it makes sense because thats the direction your bringing your back foot (which is what the right analog controls, back foot)... I like it

8. Grinding Pressure - I can see on tailslides and such that you can slightly drop the nose if you let go of left/right while grinding, wish this was something that could be done with smiths & crooks (and even more with tailslides)... but I think that also has to do with the grinds work as buttons thing, and not as the turn and use weight with the feet

9. Grinding Popout - it would be nice to be able to decide which side of the rail we want to pop out of... Overcrook PopOut, OHHWEE!

10. Grind to Flipout - it seems like you have to reset to flipout of some grinds, would be nice to just pop out where your analogs are when you get on the grind. Say I want to noseslide nollieflip out I have to press "ollie, left on left analog (bs noseslide) then instead of just flipping out of that position I have to let go then reset into the normal nollie flip position. Just more finger movements when I feel like Im already there with pressure down

11. Grind Tail Touch/Turning Sensitivity - I love 5-0s where the tail doesnt touch, then sometimes I dig when they do, the option is key, more variation between analog pressure all the way down compared to like a manual pressure (manny pressure is no tail touch, full pressure it tail all the way down on the ledge). Then Sensitivity, say going from a 5-0 to a salad in the same grind, it works now but is rather slow for even longer rails, quicker sensitivity would be cool

12. Crook to Noseslide - is this even going to be possible, and even better question is the opposite going to be possible... like "double grinds"?, something a lot will be curious about

13. too much to talk about when it comes to grinds, the grind snap lock look, grind controls... I feel thats your toughest part right now

14. Manuals - I love how mannys feel like a finesse thing just like in real life. Its going to be frustrating to get those heavy tech mannys with spins and spins out, and it should be that way... Just need to get some proper manny reverts working and mannys up then down ramps (which Im sure most of these things Im mentioning are being talked about and possibly worked on)

15. Height of Ollies and Tricks - depends on how long you crouch for right? well sometimes it doesnt look very realistic to crouch for that long, a mix of crouch and flick hardness/speed would be great

16. Fliptricks - pretty proper as is, feels great but I do have 1 suggestion... more a dream cause Im not sure how to manipulate mocap stuff this way... but, right now you press left and it does a kickflip, you press left-ish up it kickflips, and if you press left-ish down it kickflips all at the same level (even level, no rocket flip or ninja flip)... now how cool would it be if you flick more left-ish up it does a Pimp Out Ninja Flip, or if you flick more left-ish down it does a rocket kickflip, and of course the flick left flat in the middle is a perfect level kickflip (now apply that to all fliptricks, hahahaha, some of the coolest looking treflips and things could happen)

17. Feet Set-Up Animation - this would be cool just for the sake of video making, which is going to be HUGE with this game if you allow some good recording options to go along with it. I know his feet kind of setup now, but more exagerated and sometimes does that wiggle... oh man I would lose it haha

18. Missing Tricks - WHY on earth are skate games continuing to miss Impossibles? Surely we could find a control that works for it... shame, also double flips and hippy jumps... at all possible?

19. again this is things that came up the last few days, I have tons and tons of other thoughts but cant write it all down forever... Im sure I missed many things I wanted to talk about, and again its all just my personal opinions here....

-

The game is SO FUN to play, has INSANE Potential!!!! the game is rad even in this state
    CHEERS SO MUCH, thanks for being so cool to Fluckit and everyone really
    Last edited by emericaridr11; 11-08-2017 at 11:50 PM.

YAAAAAS
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

XBL
    Min4gon

Demo looks fantastic. So sad, that my PC canĀ“t run this shit :-/
    XBL: Min4gon
    Team Name: Min4gon

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

getting an error message:

"Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator."

Not sure if its gonna be playable on a Mac anyway, anyone know?

IF ANYONE IS HAVING ISSUES DOWNLOADING THE KICKSTARTER DEMO HERE IS A FIX!!!

On the link, add the file to your google drive,
    In your Google Drive, make a copy of the demo
    Download the copy
    Shred

From reddit..
    Works
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Quote Originally Posted by DaaGooN View Post
    IF ANYONE IS HAVING ISSUES DOWNLOADING THE KICKSTARTER DEMO HERE IS A FIX!!!

On the link, add the file to your google drive,
    In your Google Drive, make a copy of the demo
    Download the copy
    Shred

From reddit..
    Works
    this worked, thanks

Banned
    Last edited by Nelson; 11-09-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Steam
    skategunner
    PSN
    freeZeskates
    XBL
    XfreeZe

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Raaad, How Do You nollie??
    Cleanery Bud!

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    Not sure if its gonna be playable on a Mac anyway, anyone know?
    Think they said not atm, you still could run it through bootcamp like i do though...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeZe View Post
    Raaad, How Do You nollie??
    left stick to pop right stick to flip, just the opposite of regular tricks

^ lolol nelson like THE OTHER FOOT lolol

all these tre flip grinds....
    once again im the only idiot doing hurricanes....
    so butter...

edit..

fluckers need to tell people what stance they are...
    somebody is going to get butthurt real fast trying to do goofy shit regular footed lololol...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Sup guys! quick words to let you know we are working on this damn download limit thing.. the kickstarter demo is being downloaded at a way faster pace than expected! which is a good thing I imagine...

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crea-turestudios View Post
    Sup guys! quick words to let you know we are working on this damn download limit thing.. the kickstarter demo is being downloaded at a way faster pace than expected! which is a good thing I imagine...
    LOL

the fakeboarding community is hungry.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

hehe it's back online, let's hope this time it holds on!

Hey Demz,
    you are bringing lots of good points out there!
    Quckly, the major points I can bring are these:

Getting on Grinds: Right now the first pass is purely input driven, meaning no mather what angle you attack a rail won't change your grinds. on grinds 2nd pass we will integrate the fact you can for exemple turn 90degrees and do a boardslide that way. this is a huge task and the first past needed to be recognizing the grinds and inputs

Flip out: right now the trick out orientation is always the same. (which doesnt make sens for any slides) this is going to be happening later down the road too but quite soon too because this is really important to nail this early

Height of Ollies and Tricks: we'll have another pass on the flick speed as well and on top of that we have a feature that will be explained in our KS campaign related to your skater progress

Fliptricks: this will change a lot and what you guys have in term of feel is going to go become a on/off switch to edit your experience. E.G.: control flip speed (on) the default mode will allow you to play with the speed of your flips.

Manuals: Thanks, glad to hear you like it! reverts are in the list and if I'm right it's the next thing we attack (reverts on landings and manuals)

No Impossibles?: this will appear in our bag of trick 2nd pass, same for no complies, handplants fast bean egg whatever plants haha (even maybe some pressure flips!? :P) we already have all the inputs set to call those tricks

Feet Set-Up Animation: Unfortunately, with the controls we decided to go with, there is not lots of ways to predict the foot placement other than nollie or ollie (eventually we'll have proper switch anim that will affect a bit your pose but this is much later)

Let's start with this, I imagine there's enough food for toughts!

cheers and sick line Nelson!

beautiful...

please bookmarck / fallow melsons twitch..

its gonna get a lot of work in lolol
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

christmas came early this year

enjoying my time with the demo so far, getting used to turning with triggers has been the biggest struggle so far but other than that it feels nice. im playing on simplified mode because im a wuss and it makes much more sense to my tiny dumb brain but ive been able to do a line or two with it. might record might not, it'll depend on if i can get my capture software working

i AM noticing a problem though, and that's that midway through playing the demo, the game seems to not want to accept any more input from the analog sticks. i can turn, and push, and brake and everything but no ollies. it goes away upon reload but it's still a bit of a nuisance

yeah we hve this weird and nasty bug that seems to happen even more often on simplified mode.. you lose the inputs feedback. you must go back to the menu and relaunch the level
    sorry bout that, this bitchy bug is a hard one to find/fix

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

I just keep getting a message that says "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine" I guess my PC just cant run the demo ��

weird...

anybody have a solution
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

installed! thoughts incoming later. thanks again it was super nice to post it for everyone

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

as a fellow innovator of skate, i pledge to trick the fuck outta this game and get as tech as possible. i only wish i could sesh with the homies but i know thats a ways off from now. thank you crea-ture for re-invigorating the small spark of creativity i lost years ago.

i will also come through with small suggestions one i have fully mastered flat ground and can promtply beat everybody and their mom in s.k.a.t.e
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

XBL
    emericaridr11

found this out like 10 mins in on the alpha.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptk...ature=youtu.be

Wow haha good one! how'd you come up to this? I'm literally impressed btw!

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by crea-turestudios View Post
    Wow haha good one! how'd you come up to this? I'm literally impressed btw!
    haha just messing around with the controls... shit we good like that here

Banned

why dont we have this area?

this looks way more fun to skate

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    why dont we have this area?

this looks way more fun to skate
    that was a alpha test level, and it is more fun haha

first day's clips,
    film burns and the while nine.

shoutout to demz on those hurricanes
    Last edited by PoppinSuds; 11-09-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Amateur Flucker
    PSN
    Valleyboy420

I managed to get it working, I just had to update my graphic card drivers lol, gonna take me a long time to get used to controls but loving it. Cant wait to start taking photos once full game comes out

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    that was a alpha test level, and it is more fun haha
    I just got the DL link, hopefully it doesn't play too differently

having fun...
    sometime i even get exactly what i want...
    still not quite sure how different landing animations are programmed into it.
    I also think so 180 to grind stuff has interesting outcomes that are left to right on thumbs confusion.

its a demo...

WE OUT HERE KILLING IT!

have a "timing" question...

it feels like the timing of some tricks, using the thumbs to perform the trick, is different for certain trick pop height.
    it feels like some high pop flip tricks can be performed slower or much faster than other.
    i was wondering if that was a decision yall made?
    i like it.
    some feel much longer than others.
    some are much faster.
    wondering if it was by design.

lolol im offffff

note:
    sometimes in lines i dont have enough time to get the high pop...feels like the engine just says "you dont have enough time for that trick sir"
    odd
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Quote Originally Posted by PoppinSuds View Post

first day's clips,
    film burns and the while nine.

shoutout to demz on those hurricanes
    Man I've been trying those hurricanes, they're hard..

I gotta say, it's so much fun relearning all the controls.. feels like og skate demo allover

Can I Kick It?
    Steam
    MacksHeadroom
    XBL
    MacksHeadroom

I know this will eventually be fixed but im having fun with it.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

holy shit mack what

I can't get 270s into blunt/tail/nose/noseblunts in this demo. It is too confusing on my brain, and you doing it backwards, what the fuck man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck