Thread: So whats the deal?

Steam
    Monkadelic

Default So whats the deal?

I am just wondering why all you ppl that post here every day are not ALL over this shit in Session... this is the best thing you ever seen in a skate game since sliced bread and you posted 1-2 vids of how bad-ass you were in a pre alpha park and now since a real park came out you are all gone because you didn't back it.... .. I just don't understand why you would spend some extra cash to get in on the front row.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-10-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Amateur Flucker

Couldn't agree with you more Phant, it's been a ghost town since the release of the backers demo. Quite odd really. And it was really cheap to back for the early access (what was it, like $20?). I donated $60 myself.

I'm not naming names either but I know what you're saying. People that were dropping videos of the first park had so much more material to work with in the new park and they just vanished. The game being incomplete isn't an excuse to me, it's our duty to promote this game. Promoting it would involve filming, playing, and discussing it. It's been dead here, like what the hell? And it's only like 10 of us at fakeskate. It's disappointing really :/. The devs really gave us a huge park to work with and updates to exploit.
    Scharkey

XBL
    SKATAN 81

i can tell you about my opinion ..

not every one thinks session is a good game or even close to be good , and all that shit talk about ea skate and consitantly disliking videos that got posted here make the skate heads dont want to use this side no more

fluckit got changed to a session forum by people who dont even play session anymore .. becaus that game is not comming out in the next 2 years thats what non of that kids realized ... they just killd the intresst to come here ...

DAG DELETED his fluckit link and sayd he´s not comming back and i dont feel like posting videos here too ... its just not worth the dislikes and i dont expect anything better comming from here ...

Amateur Flucker

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    i can tell you about my opinion ..

not every one thinks session is a good game or even close to be good , and all that shit talk about ea skate and consitantly disliking videos that got posted here make the skate heads dont want to use this side no more

fluckit got changed to a session forum by people who dont even play session anymore .. becaus that game is not comming out in the next 2 years thats what non of that kids realized ... they just killd the intresst to come here ...

DAG DELETED his fluckit link and sayd he´s not comming back and i dont feel like posting videos here too ... its just not worth the dislikes and i dont expect anything better comming from here ...
    i'm so confused...
    Scharkey

monk...

10 years of the greatest grind mechanics ever built and then we got this...

its not fun...
    it doesnt look good.
    its not worth any time for me until its fixed and turned back into physics based...

doesnt mean i dont appreciate and love the feeling of the flip tricks...
    it means the grinding is not fun..
    for me..

honestly..
    if you are ok with how this grind mechanic works in session you should be disappointed in your self.
    it is too different that skate to be the same thing...
    if you prefer this mechanic to skate than...you really never played skate the right way or you just didnt like the grinding in skate..i dont understand how there is a middle ground coming from the greatest skate simulater we ever had.
    both are fair and reasonable opinions to have.
    feelings matter lol

it is tony hawk.
    there is no other way to describe how it feels, how it looks, ,and how i feel while i play it.
    theres no other way to describe how it works other than tony hawk.
    thats a problem for me.

consider me old.
    i cant spend time hoping.
    i cant lurk the discord everyday hoping FOR ANOTHER FUCKING PICTUREE OF SOMETHING WE'VE SEEN BEFORE.

the grinding is a problem.
    it took some of us a few hours to accept that...

and for clarification...

i have hopes..
    but if the game they want to create doesnt feel better than the one they are trying to over take.
    i wont play it.

skate is the greatest for a reason.

that being said.
    skate had 30+ people, 200 mill, and 3 years of development..

skate is the greatest for a reason..
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

XBL
    Stokenstein

I backed and I don’t have a PC.

That said, having not even played the game (I’m waiting for Xbox), I can tell that Session really needs some focus put into physics and the overall feel of being on the board. Skate felt like skateboarding through and through and that showed even just watching other people’s footage. Whether you were skating a ledge, a bowl, handrail, speed checking down a hill, or skating flat ground, Skate felt nearly perfect outside of a few quirks. For me it is the standard that has to be met.

However, I think the falling amount of content being shared is more due to the community not being large to begin with and a final product being so far in the distance or really not even a guarantee at all.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

[QUOTE=Stokenstein;182262]I backed and I don’t have a PC.

However, I think the falling amount of content being shared is more due to the community not being large to begin with and a final product being so far in the distance or really not even a guarantee at all.[/QUOTE

like i sayd im sick of defending my self for posting ea skate videos and i´m even more sick of the dislikes from fluckit members .. its a true shame getting 20 dislikes from a skate webside .. and how to fix it makes me even more sick .. i delete my videos and just reupload to youtube and dont post it here ... and it fixes the problem or atleast it takes weeks to get 3 dislikes ( maybe the same guy with 3 accounts ) ..

and i see this on every ea skate video that other members post too . fucking shame

XBL
    Stokenstein

Quote Originally Posted by HCH Media View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    I backed and I don’t have a PC.

However, I think the falling amount of content being shared is more due to the community not being large to begin with and a final product being so far in the distance or really not even a guarantee at all.
    like i sayd im sick of defending my self for posting ea skate videos and i´m even more sick of the dislikes from fluckit members .. its a true shame getting 20 dislikes from a skate webside .. and how to fix it makes me even more sick .. i delete my videos and just reupload to youtube and dont post it here ... and it fixes the problem or atleast it takes weeks to get 3 dislikes ( maybe the same guy with 3 accounts ) ..

and i see this on every ea skate video that other members post too . fucking shame
    Scratch my last message if you saw it, I see what you’re saying. Yeah, I don’t know whatsup if people are disliking your vids on YouTube. At least around here I don’t see any weird Session vs Skate rivalry and I feel like most people playing Session here were and are huge fans of Skate. Not exactly sure where that reaction to your vids is coming from. I dig your stuff!

Amateur Flucker

I have only noticed weird dislikes on Session related content. Every new skate content I've seen recently has had high likes to dislikes.

Though I can sympathize with the critique of the early access build, I don't believe it's a reason to not promote the game. The grinds certainly are not the same as skate, but I do believe the controls make sense in their own right. The magnetism of it is what's a little too strong, and the animations aren't quite there on the way into the grind. Once I learned the controls for grinds, it's felt more natural to me than skate. Being able to nosegrind with the other stick as if it's my other foot feels so much nicer for instance. I mean, they plan on implementing catching flip tricks, an exit button from grinds, double grinds, and balancing points to the physics. I personally have faith they will make grinds feel more natural.

I'm not going to just stop making content for the game because of details that aren't fleshed out and have an entire year and plus some to sort out. And a lot of what I do and see around can come out looking very smoothly. Lines are much more satisfying. Flick tricks make much more sense and feel natural. If the board didn't cut through the feet and the animations fleshed out, the game will look great.

The main thing I'm concerned about is whether we get an advanced free cam. I don't want forced camera options. If we don't get that, that will be the most disappointing let down of the game for me.

I was just so pumped seeing everyone's styles shine through in the prison demo, then everyone vanish when the real park drops. It's like, what was the point of filming in the prison demo to begin with?

I had my skate games and 2 controllers stolen from me, so my focus has shifted toward promoting this new game. I honestly miss the hell out of skate, but if someone who really wants to build another simulator even more true to skateboarding and with honest experienced background in skateboarding, I'm not going to ditch them out when they release a dope park for us to enjoy because of perceived hate toward EA's franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    also i spent an hour doing a backside flip up inbetween those dividers like your nollie flip.
    shit took for ever not to roll into the bench after.
    ...been waiting to see this forever. I'm the only one I've seen even go through these dividers. Nollie flip powerslide, fakie flip, and a hardflip. Would be dope to actually see a 180 through there...

oh and was going to mention.. those little reverts they added in the new park feel amazing. fleshed out animations they will look soo buttery.
    Last edited by scharkey; 03-16-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Scharkey

also have a bunch of wacky wallrides lol
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Amateur Flucker

also have a bunch of wacky wallrides lol
    Even if it's caveman graphics I love this. I want more. That bs flip was perfect. The rotation was perfect. Just something for my eyes to feed on until the next update.

And I still have my fingers crossed for skate 4, competition between games would be great. Competition is always good. But these devs have passion and are not being led by soul suckers, so I respectfully hold faith in them.
    Scharkey

Steam
    Monkadelic

I get what you are saying but at the same time I don't get what you are saying.. I'm with Scharkey 100% on this. This is a pre-alpha build and the past Dev Q&A Live Stream they had the other day ( and every month if you backed them) they did say that character customization and filming was in the works. I personally had about an hour PM chat with the graphics designer and he was asking me about what i liked best and the worst from the replay editor from the EA skate series... you have to understand this is 2-3 dudes(they hired 2 more) that are not working under a budget of a multi-million dollar corporation.. so yes things will be sketchy. longer than shorter tbh, but they are so far ahead of what they have right now as for everything feeling natural.

To me.. personally I value your opinions but Demz i disagree with you on this quote "if you prefer this mechanic to skate than...you really never played skate the right way or you just didnt like the grinding in skate..i dont understand how there is a middle ground coming from the greatest skate simulater we ever had." I feel I played skate VERY much the right way and i like this system 1000x better. To each ones own tho.. but also IMO if you know about it and are not participating in the early stages of development with ideas..... then you don't have the right to bitch about the final product. My opinion. so hopefully we will be seeing you at the end of this yellow brick road.

And HC- ive never disliked a skate video in my life on YT- real or fakeskate... x7 Albert doesnt count.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-18-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Session is gonna be to Skate what Skate was to THPS. Even a rudimentary hastened Demo has managed to inspire so much content out of people.. I've been playing it for months now and I'm still finding new things and tweaks and all that is with placeholder animations. Some people focus on the negatives, other people focus on the potential.

Also, how can you call something the greatest grind system ever when a basic trick like crooked grinds is all wonky and stiff? I honestly already like some tricks way more in Session than in Skate and it's only a basic demo.. So yeah, the only way with this game is up.

Amateur Flucker

Quote Originally Posted by epicurean View Post
    Session is gonna be to Skate what Skate was to THPS. Even a rudimentary hastened Demo has managed to inspire so much content out of people.. I've been playing it for months now and I'm still finding new things and tweaks and all that is with placeholder animations. Some people focus on the negatives, other people focus on the potential.

Also, how can you call something the greatest grind system ever when a basic trick like crooked grinds is all wonky and stiff? I honestly already like some tricks way more in Session than in Skate and it's only a basic demo.. So yeah, the only way with this game is up.
    Well said viewpoint here... and I agree with enjoying some tricks more than in Skate. I really dig the skater's style for the mocap, though some of his tricks coming out looking bad in-game. It's mostly landing looks funny, like for lazers. The character model is more realistic looking than any in the Skate series.

I really believe with all these animations smoothed out with less magnetism in grinds and adjustable trucks for sensitivity in turning could make for a really great game. I'm really curious to see how they tackle vert and transitions. How smooth will the next update be?
    Scharkey

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

I myself have backed the game, but I don't feel like skating the parks and such. It gets boring really quick for me. I'm waiting for the final product and having a big city to cruise around while learning to play the game. I'm more motivated to find cool spots to try stuff at instead of skating a ledge over and over to learn a trick.

And I'm with Demz when it comes to the grinding, I'm not really feeling that whole system. But hey, after playing Skate for 10+ years my brain only tells that grinds should work that way. I know it's wrong since it's a completely different game, but it's really hard to break habits that has been there for 10+ years. I want it to be psychics based so I actually have to do the proper setup when riding up to the rail/ledge, it feels more gratifying to me that way.

XBL
    Min4gon

I am so hyped for this game right now, cant wait for the Brooklyn banks. In last stream they said, that they are working on flip speed and catching mechanics right now and grind mechanics would be different, so whats the deal? This game gonna be super awesome.

Little test video from cre-ture:

XBL: Min4gon
    Team Name: Min4gon

shark....
    I have to caveman graphics....
    laptop
    frames are more important than graphics in my opinion.

monk.
    there is no way you will not see me in the end. lol

my beef.
    the very first demo that most never played had....snap grinds...but...when you were in them you could still lift the board around and get the look you were going for.
    similar to skate...but...in skate you could land on the rail at the angle you choose and then adjust from there also.
    (think super angles crook , almost a noseslide....or a crook that is just barely hanging off of the obstacle, looking more like a regular nose grind. that wide range of options is a must, not being able to start the grind at the style/approach i want is a deal breaker)

snap grinding I can only start in one position....
    demo 2...
    snap grinding stayed..and we can no longer move the board while in the slide/grind.

demo 3 nothing changes...
    months later.
    this grind video shows no change in the direction they are interested in for the grinding mechanics...

i can only complain about the "final product" because i see nothing that states a change.
    tell me once i get excited.
    let me test the idea and you have me intrigued..
    remove what was working and never mention anything again to me...
    lets me know this may be the final.
    time is money lol

my reasoning.
    dont you think you would need these physics based grinds ironed out before you even begin to start figuring out how that works with your completely separate vert physics?

i reserve the right to hope for a change.
    until then.
    im going to be fucking pissed that the one thing skate did correctly was not copied directly...

there is only one way the board works in real life.
    physics

sorry

also
    you will never be able to use the ,one small team excuse, if you have ever seen westends game.
    there are videos of it on youtube
    i know youve seen them.

every single thing session has stated they hope to accomplish has already been accomplished by 1 person.
    physics, catch, grinds, weight, body...late shit, separate feet blah blah blah blah blah
    it all....
    already exists..

will we ever seen westends game?...who the fuck knows..

but one thing i do know 100% for sure.

one looks like shit but does every single thing a simulator of skateboarding needs to do.
    the other looks beautiful but lacks many key elements of how individuals interests in skateboarding can be accomplished.

i think we can all agree that im gong with the ugly game that does it better than pretty one.

skate 2 > thrasher > skate 1 > skate 3

fight me lol
    (airhorn noise)
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Steam
    Monkadelic

my beef.
    the very first demo that most never played had....snap grinds...but...when you were in them you could still lift the board around and get the look you were going for.
    similar to skate...but...in skate you could land on the rail at the angle you choose and then adjust from there also.
    (think super angles crook , almost a noseslide....or a crook that is just barely hanging off of the obstacle, looking more like a regular nose grind. that wide range of options is a must, not being able to start the grind at the style/approach i want is a deal breaker)

snap grinding I can only start in one position....
    demo 2...
    snap grinding stayed..and we can no longer move the board while in the slide/grind.

demo 3 nothing changes...
    months later.
    this grind video shows no change in the direction they are interested in for the grinding mechanics...

Grind Manipulation works you just have to be creative. It somewhat works but I get what you are saying about raising the board up because I used to love smiths to 50/50 in skate. You can kind of do it right now except it is just side to side. Like you said it is "locked" but I believe stuff like that is coming.

https://streamable.com/1g5f8
    https://streamable.com/w8ao6
    Last edited by Monk; 03-24-2018 at 08:24 AM. Reason: changed youtube vids to streamable

Steam
    Monkadelic

delete my account please.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-25-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Blazing a Trail

Razor freestyle scooter > all