Thread: I want your opinions on video games. For science!

Fluckin' Hatchling

Default I want your opinions on video games. For science!

Hey all,

I've made a survey that tells you what type of gamer personality you are. Are you an Immersion Engineer, or an Escape Artist? Do you battle with real people or seclude to the shadows in a world of your own making?

The reason why I made it is to gather research on people's gaming behaviours. This study for my masters thesis at The University of Sydney. Now as a gamer myself (WoW Heroic Antorus Raider), I feel like I have a good grasp of the gaming community, but as with all things, you need to do the research to confirm/disconfirm these assumptions.

The survey itself is looking to explore information about:
    • Different aspects of your personality
    • What video games you play
    • How much you play by yourself and with other people
    • The impacts of your video game use on your daily life

You can find a link to the survey and more information here (you might need to disable adblocker):
    https://sydneypsy.qualtrics.com/jfe/...WtE0LKWzw4yvBz

So let me know what you think. Do you think I guessed right? What did I miss?

One more thing. A survey like this is limited, and doesn't give people a voice to add what they want to say. I really encourage open opinions about the video game community and maybe how the news and public have a negative view of video games. Whenever I present, I add the personal messages people have sent me to encourage other researchers to remember that we are people too, not just numbers. Tell me what you think and let me know if I can share your comments in my presentations.

Thank you,
    Gavin

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Got you bro! I'm a psychology minor and have taken a ton of surveys before. I thought this one was quite enjoyable too! The personality stuff at the end was cool and the questions testing whether or not I was paying attention were a good idea.

XBL
    SKATAN 81

thats basicly me in a nutshell .. think all good right !?!?!?