Thread: So whats the deal?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amateur Flucker

I have only noticed weird dislikes on Session related content. Every new skate content I've seen recently has had high likes to dislikes.

Though I can sympathize with the critique of the early access build, I don't believe it's a reason to not promote the game. The grinds certainly are not the same as skate, but I do believe the controls make sense in their own right. The magnetism of it is what's a little too strong, and the animations aren't quite there on the way into the grind. Once I learned the controls for grinds, it's felt more natural to me than skate. Being able to nosegrind with the other stick as if it's my other foot feels so much nicer for instance. I mean, they plan on implementing catching flip tricks, an exit button from grinds, double grinds, and balancing points to the physics. I personally have faith they will make grinds feel more natural.

I'm not going to just stop making content for the game because of details that aren't fleshed out and have an entire year and plus some to sort out. And a lot of what I do and see around can come out looking very smoothly. Lines are much more satisfying. Flick tricks make much more sense and feel natural. If the board didn't cut through the feet and the animations fleshed out, the game will look great.

The main thing I'm concerned about is whether we get an advanced free cam. I don't want forced camera options. If we don't get that, that will be the most disappointing let down of the game for me.

I was just so pumped seeing everyone's styles shine through in the prison demo, then everyone vanish when the real park drops. It's like, what was the point of filming in the prison demo to begin with?

I had my skate games and 2 controllers stolen from me, so my focus has shifted toward promoting this new game. I honestly miss the hell out of skate, but if someone who really wants to build another simulator even more true to skateboarding and with honest experienced background in skateboarding, I'm not going to ditch them out when they release a dope park for us to enjoy because of perceived hate toward EA's franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    also i spent an hour doing a backside flip up inbetween those dividers like your nollie flip.
    shit took for ever not to roll into the bench after.
    ...been waiting to see this forever. I'm the only one I've seen even go through these dividers. Nollie flip powerslide, fakie flip, and a hardflip. Would be dope to actually see a 180 through there...

oh and was going to mention.. those little reverts they added in the new park feel amazing. fleshed out animations they will look soo buttery.
    Last edited by scharkey; 03-16-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Scharkey