Thread: So whats the deal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

also have a bunch of wacky wallrides lol
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Amateur Flucker

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post

also have a bunch of wacky wallrides lol
    Even if it's caveman graphics I love this. I want more. That bs flip was perfect. The rotation was perfect. Just something for my eyes to feed on until the next update.

And I still have my fingers crossed for skate 4, competition between games would be great. Competition is always good. But these devs have passion and are not being led by soul suckers, so I respectfully hold faith in them.
    Scharkey

Steam
    Monkadelic

I get what you are saying but at the same time I don't get what you are saying.. I'm with Scharkey 100% on this. This is a pre-alpha build and the past Dev Q&A Live Stream they had the other day ( and every month if you backed them) they did say that character customization and filming was in the works. I personally had about an hour PM chat with the graphics designer and he was asking me about what i liked best and the worst from the replay editor from the EA skate series... you have to understand this is 2-3 dudes(they hired 2 more) that are not working under a budget of a multi-million dollar corporation.. so yes things will be sketchy. longer than shorter tbh, but they are so far ahead of what they have right now as for everything feeling natural.

To me.. personally I value your opinions but Demz i disagree with you on this quote "if you prefer this mechanic to skate than...you really never played skate the right way or you just didnt like the grinding in skate..i dont understand how there is a middle ground coming from the greatest skate simulater we ever had." I feel I played skate VERY much the right way and i like this system 1000x better. To each ones own tho.. but also IMO if you know about it and are not participating in the early stages of development with ideas..... then you don't have the right to bitch about the final product. My opinion. so hopefully we will be seeing you at the end of this yellow brick road.

And HC- ive never disliked a skate video in my life on YT- real or fakeskate... x7 Albert doesnt count.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-18-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Session is gonna be to Skate what Skate was to THPS. Even a rudimentary hastened Demo has managed to inspire so much content out of people.. I've been playing it for months now and I'm still finding new things and tweaks and all that is with placeholder animations. Some people focus on the negatives, other people focus on the potential.

Also, how can you call something the greatest grind system ever when a basic trick like crooked grinds is all wonky and stiff? I honestly already like some tricks way more in Session than in Skate and it's only a basic demo.. So yeah, the only way with this game is up.

Amateur Flucker

Quote Originally Posted by epicurean View Post
    Session is gonna be to Skate what Skate was to THPS. Even a rudimentary hastened Demo has managed to inspire so much content out of people.. I've been playing it for months now and I'm still finding new things and tweaks and all that is with placeholder animations. Some people focus on the negatives, other people focus on the potential.

Also, how can you call something the greatest grind system ever when a basic trick like crooked grinds is all wonky and stiff? I honestly already like some tricks way more in Session than in Skate and it's only a basic demo.. So yeah, the only way with this game is up.
    Well said viewpoint here... and I agree with enjoying some tricks more than in Skate. I really dig the skater's style for the mocap, though some of his tricks coming out looking bad in-game. It's mostly landing looks funny, like for lazers. The character model is more realistic looking than any in the Skate series.

I really believe with all these animations smoothed out with less magnetism in grinds and adjustable trucks for sensitivity in turning could make for a really great game. I'm really curious to see how they tackle vert and transitions. How smooth will the next update be?
    Scharkey

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

I myself have backed the game, but I don't feel like skating the parks and such. It gets boring really quick for me. I'm waiting for the final product and having a big city to cruise around while learning to play the game. I'm more motivated to find cool spots to try stuff at instead of skating a ledge over and over to learn a trick.

And I'm with Demz when it comes to the grinding, I'm not really feeling that whole system. But hey, after playing Skate for 10+ years my brain only tells that grinds should work that way. I know it's wrong since it's a completely different game, but it's really hard to break habits that has been there for 10+ years. I want it to be psychics based so I actually have to do the proper setup when riding up to the rail/ledge, it feels more gratifying to me that way.

XBL
    Min4gon

I am so hyped for this game right now, cant wait for the Brooklyn banks. In last stream they said, that they are working on flip speed and catching mechanics right now and grind mechanics would be different, so whats the deal? This game gonna be super awesome.

Little test video from cre-ture:

XBL: Min4gon
    Team Name: Min4gon