Thread: Luftwaffe storytime corner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Minglin'
    XBL
    l MichaelC l (lines are lowercase L's)

i REALLY like that pool sesh video. I'm new so this is all new to me, but pool skating is something I really like trying to work on in edits, partly because it's one of my favorite types of "real" skating, but also because it's kinda hard to make look good in S3. I try to get at least 1 or 2 pool clips in my stuff but now i'm pumped to try some new ideas...Thanks!

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Glad you liked it! Yea, learning how to skate pools proper in S3 was a complete game changer for me. Keep at it, it gets extremely fun, and if you have people to sesh with, grouping up for a pool party is some of the best fun I've ever had in the game. Just be careful, if you learn how to do bodyjars... then fingerflip body jars... then airwalk bodyjars... you'll fall into my trap of just doing bodyjars all the time :^)
    The artist formerly known as Luft

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Aye thanks for helping me kill some time at work with these! I definitely feel you on watching your old videos and seeing how much you've improved over time while also feeling like your first stuff is garbage. I've got a whole video about that actually lmao. Those park sessions reminded me of some dope parks that I had completely forgot about at this point. I definitely second digging the pool skating, especially in the Monterrey video. And speaking of PoppinSuds being in one of your videos... do you remember being in this park promo I made?:

Definitely not Robley quality editing, that's for sure. I do really really wish I had this park still tho!

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Oh man that throws me back, I completely forgot about that one! Had a great time filming it, that park was fun as hell.

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Hell yeah bro glad you thought so and glad you were in the promo! There was even a trippy glitch on your part lmao! I made that park based off of a loading dock I saw and thought would be cool to skate at a Carl's Jr. in North County San Diego. I was super stoked that I had actually managed to make the Carl's Jr. logo with rail pieces. Then I just built around it with stuff that I thought would be fun to skate. That downhill sidewalk gap is based off of a gap at was at a park near my high school back in San Marcos. It was a sidewalk going downhill with a few stairs at the bottom, more sidewalk, and you would have landed into a culdesac. The rest of it is just random stuff that I came up with. That electric box was especially dope. I forgot who figured out how to do that, but whoever that was was a genius. It really shows the creativity in the people playing this game. There's no way the devs intended for that to be possible. I would love to try to make another park, but there's not as much motivation to do it when nobody can skate the park except for you and maybe the few people who actually sesh with you occasionally these days. If it was like the old days still I would try to make a park with a bunch of spots I've seen around Flagstaff. On NAU campus and a few other places. Would be really dope, but with the amount of time and effort it takes to make a quality park you'd like for the whole community to be able to skate it.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Yea, back in the day I made a park based on a spot at Clemson University I saw. Never made it public, but would hit it up from time to time. One of these days I need to get a new disc and dust off my x360...