Thread: Drum Breaks...

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Default Drum Breaks...

Yo, what up y'all!

Question for the hip hop heads out there...

Drum breaks have been a part of rap since it's birth. From Kool Herc to today rap's foundation has been laid upon breaks...

My question is, have you guys ever heard of a rap producer making beats with drums that blend multiple drum breaks together?
    For example... here's a few drum breaks that I took, EQ'd, set to different volume levels, and meshed together to go with the rest of the samples on the track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udAJ...KG-zyTzhA9AfWp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXjq...KG-zyTzhA9AfWp

...am I a pioneer in doing this or has someone else already been doing this?? I genuinely want to know!!

I honestly would have no idea if someone already did this but definitely a cool way to blend samples.

I'm sure someone might have done it already. I always think if you thought of it, its probably already been done haha. Thats a mindset I have when I write most of the time. especially melodies and hooks.

who knows right?

Where is the mix you did though? Id love to hear it. considering each track sounds like a different bpm and pattern. I wanna sneak peak ahha

San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Dallas, TX
    XBL
    TSxR3N3GAD3

Quote Originally Posted by saunders420 View Post
    I honestly would have no idea if someone already did this but definitely a cool way to blend samples.

I'm sure someone might have done it already. I always think if you thought of it, its probably already been done haha. Thats a mindset I have when I write most of the time. especially melodies and hooks.

who knows right?

Where is the mix you did though? Id love to hear it. considering each track sounds like a different bpm and pattern. I wanna sneak peak ahha
    Gotchu!!

Shit came back to this way too late, totally hear it now. You dropped vocals on that right?