Thread: What's a REALLY durable skateboard?

Default What's a REALLY durable skateboard?

Basically, ima big mofo(6'3'' and 180lbs.) and i love to go down stuff so i go through board like crazy. I break one in little than less a month.
    i already had plan b, almost, enjoi, foundation, and baker

so im asking if some of you could help me buy my next board, something that is really strong that won't crack, snap, or break easily

Madsser3200

girl boards..
    they doesent chip easily..
    they make great boards..

and element..
    death wish..
    foundation..

boards you shouldent buy..

zero..
    flip..
    toymachine..

i heard darkstar are strong

or you could get blanks, strong,cheap, and just as good

eflixxx

Quote Originally Posted by Madsser3200 View Post
    girl boards..
    they doesent chip easily..
    they make great boards..

and element..
    death wish..
    foundation..

boards you shouldent buy..

zero..
    flip..
    toymachine..

foundation and toymachine are the same wood (tumyeto)

and board quality is not directly connected with brands, but has much more to do with how fresh the decks are, if they have been exposed to lots of diffrent humidities and temperatures. newly pressed decs are all pretty durable, and old dry decks tend to break and delaminate much faster.

back in the days, brands differed way more in board quality, but the last decade everybody has been making roughly the same quality decks.

Madsser3200

Quote Originally Posted by eflixxx View Post
    foundation and toymachine are the same wood (tumyeto)
    oh yea..
    i actually knew..
    i just had better experience with foundation than toymachine..

i heard things about darkstar before so i might just try them.

and mads- just curious but why are zeros and toymachines bad?

Madsser3200

Quote Originally Posted by a red bicycle View Post
    i heard things about darkstar before so i might just try them.

and mads- just curious but why are zeros and toymachines bad?
    well red..
    zeros i don't like..
    razortail within a week..
    chipped my nose like a week after..
    i doesent like zero boards..

and toymachine are kinda fragile..
    and when you chip your tail..
    you dont chip it..
    you take a chunk out of it..

and i chipped my toymachine the second time i was out skating..

i just realised..
    i might not be a guy that takes good care of my boards..
    damn..

dude anything deluxe is good...
    real.
    krooked.
    anti-hero.
    ect.

oh and i agree with eflixxx, all depeneds on the condition of the board when first bought.

I agree ... I have been riding deluxe boards for a yeah now... love the shape and the durability ..... if you wants a real strong board... maybe try the almost ones with the impact discs or what it's called in them......... never tried them myself.... but they say it's good
    I got like 3 of his parts on my phone right now that I watch on a regular basis before playing for inspiration. - TheBullet

Madsser3200

and about the size.
    i really like em slim and tech..
    like 7.5 to 7.75..
    nothing larger..

Red. I ride nothing but girl and chocolates. if you are really worried, just look at teams that have riders like your size. ex. look at Brian Anderson. Tum Yeto or Girl. i choose girl cause i like a flatter shape. Koston is no fit fiddle either. you know what i mean? girls do lose their "pop" after a while just as in real life. have fun!

so the shop i went to didn't have any of the boards you guys mentioned

...so i picked up this black label for 39 bucks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68034845@N00/2367400100/

this ain't mine but its the only one i found online. hehe, that rhymed XD

...so has anybody ever rode a blcklabel and was it good(honestly)?

BanginNBanginnBangin

ahhh black label, my friend had a really good one, but i bought 2 in a row that broke within 2 weeks of purchase... the old cheetah print with a chicken head in the middle

Get Stoked

Lib TECH all the way dude. They're almost impossible to snap for a few months.

igl00sRpeople2

Cool

People might say it's personal preference but from experience all boards react the same. If you would like a better sense, most boards are from the dwindle distribution created weaker than they actually could be made to make a better profit for bad quality and bulk. But there are certain choices you could make to assimilate to your needs.

Most boards are made with 7-ply, but stronger boards surprisingly consist of 5-ply, yet are more expensive. They are glued more firmly and have much more support and are less top-heavy. The wideness can also play a big factor; 7.75 to 8's are usually good for such a task.

Habitats and Alien Workshops are known to withstand better than most boards, and cost about the same, yet once again that's a personal preference.

Blanks: Hard to go wrong here. Decent board, cheap(because of no graphic), various sizes/colors. Tend to last as any other board would.

Riser pads will prevent the induction of pressure cracks from continuous weight on the board from drops, and over time.

The way you land also plays a big role, which it is better to land on the bolts rather then the tail, nose, or the middle. (That's pretty obvious though )

Grinds or drops, flatland tricks or aging, the board will lose its durability overtime, so don't be expecting a chuck norris skateboard...

Anyway, just experiment with all your possible choices, you'll learn from trial and error eventually. Just keep skating and you'll figure it out, best of luck!

Get Stoked

Lib Tech's are designed for strength. It started as a snowboard company and they press boards with some snowboard techniques. It's not just all wood, but it still has pop and the feel of wood.

the lib tech decks look amazing, i watched the whole slide show and i'll deffinatly try and buy one after my black label. even the graphics look good. the only bad thing is that they cost like 30$ more but that ain't so bad.

how often do you ride them and how long do they last? i kno you said a few months but thats just unbelievable

oh and thanks to everyone who posted here, deff. helps

Get Stoked

Well, I haven't actually been on one in a while. Last one I had was about 2 years ago and it literally never snapped. The nose and tail chipped away slowly until they were so small we could practice hardlips without worrying about our testicles, haha. They're more expensive but if you're snapping regular boards fast, it may end up being cheaper. Give one a try and that's really the best way to see if they work well for you.

I had two black labels... both lasted me a long ass time. 5-6 months If I remember right, but I was in 9th grade I think... so this was like over 7 years ago... BL's still my favorite deck...
    Back in the saddle?
    Keychain

Get Stoked

I break normal wood decks in about two/three weeks usually. I've had almost ever brand of skateboard, most recently Creature Boards (which I really like) it lasted three weeks.

If you're looking for something that will last a while longer and keep it's pop, go for the Lib Techs, trust me. Great decks.

how about blind http://www.blindskateboards.com/ click Eternal Life at the top and choose the deck and check that out.

yea, im deffinitly gonna try and get a lib tech, they seem really nice. i guess im also gonna try and never have the same brand twice, until i go through all of em haha

...random note: i had two defferent dreams over the last couple of days, in one i broke my black label parallel to the buts going length wise down the board

and the other a was at a shop lookin at like 3 lib techs( the name was on the boards) and in the dream everytime i picked one up it seemeed really heavy...i know that there not cuz it said on the site but just a little weird, don't know what it means

edit: holy shyte, i just clicked the eternal life, and that warrenty is nutz
    Last edited by a red bicycle; 06-21-2009 at 09:46 PM.

Get Stoked

Yeah, I'd try the Eternal Life as well. Some of these hybrid boards are awful though (thinking about the completely metal Powell deck... ew)

Darkstar 8ply resin