Thread: "skateboarding is so gay right now"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "skateboarding is so gay right now"

skateboardign has been so gay for so long that ive ignored everything concerning it in hopes to keep it a culture and not a sport in my own opinion....

i lost in 02 when skateboarding became the biggest shit since sliced bread....
    right when nike put its foot in the door....
    then all distribution companies started advertising its different distributions....
    and the company your rode for got more attention than the skater in the ad....

to me....

skateboarding went from fun to shit in about 3 years...
    sorry 99,00,and 01.....

skateboarding is so gay eric koston feels hes suppose to make a commercial telling everyone his shoe sponsor....

skateboarding is so gay ask chris cools outfit change....

i gotta stop now...

im absolutely disgusted at where the culture has gone from 92 to now...

sad shit...

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

That's why, as much as y'all hate on fruitbooting, I enjoy our culture much more than that of skateboarding. Going mainstream has killed your culture.. I'm not saying i'm not guilty, I have DC shoes... but not because of the hype, for the shear fact that they're comfortable.

and i have a DC hat... again, not because of the hype, but more because Ken Block is my flucking idol.

Y'all can hate on me all you want, yea, i'm a fruitbooter, yea, i'm proud of it. You know why? cuz i know that everyone i meet skating is real, they're there because they love to skate, not because MTV said it's cool.

I honestly feel sorry for you guys, because there was a movement back in the late 90's where everyone wanted to make rollerblading mainstream and "cool"...then we saw what happened to skateboarding... idk i think your destruction was our savior.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

honestly I dont really follow the skating culture all that much. Its pretty lame how its become, but the culture has never effected how I skate/dress/act whatever. Skating for me is one on one with your board and just having fun with friends, not about being cool, fitting in and making money.

An i dont hate on anybody, rollerbladers, bikers, unicycles, whatever, its all good

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

The day i see a unicycle at a skatepark is the day that...well... idk what i would do, but that would be awesome
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

theres a unicycle guy at one of my parks all the time, he grinds with his pedals and does sets and stuff, its real cool

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    honestly I dont really follow the skating culture all that much. Its pretty lame how its become, but the culture has never effected how I skate/dress/act whatever. Skating for me is one on one with your board and just having fun with friends, not about being cool, fitting in and making money.

An i dont hate on anybody, rollerbladers, bikers, unicycles, whatever, its all good
    This

IM A BOSS ASS BITCH