Thread: Get Stoked's Political Blog; Republican Opinions.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Get Stoked

The dollar amount that wealthy people pay is way more yes, but we're still not paying the same percentage.

For instance, If I pay 15 percent state income tax while some tobacco company from pays 10 percent. They're paying more money, because they make more, but it's not effecting their budget the same way as it does mine.

If I can't go out and have a nice dinner over the weekend because I have a 15 percent tax then jo-schmo with the tobacco company shouldn't be able to purchase 12 of the restaurants I would have eaten at.

Do you understand? It's not fair.

I do ask for a break on us though, if we don't get a break, then they should raise minimum wage because us poor people work hourly... most rich people don't, they get salary and hourly wages do not effect their salary.

If big companies and lobbyists are going to get a tax cut, then their taxes should go towards things like: Rebuilding New Orleans, researching alternative energy, curing cancer, etc...

Exxon Mobil just had the largest recorded fiscal year profit in the history of the WORLD and they got TAX BREAKS. None of that money went to their workers, none of that money went to anything beneficial, it went to the owners and share holders to buy useless materialistic crap like a 300,000 dollar dress or 9 homes.

Sure, I would like to be able to purchase a home or two, but not 9, 500,000$+ homes scattered all over the U.S. If I had that much money, I would donate it or give it to family.

Republicans are greedy and care about themselves, at least the ones in Washington and if there are some that don't, they're probably not appreciated by the, "real republicans."

I'm saying a percentage is unfair to begin with. Why should they pay a percentage to live here? They are only one person.

Perhaps, since this is a capitalistic society, a percentage tax on CORPORATIONS is fair. They conduct business so tax the profit they get from said business,.

but...

To tax a normal citizen more actual dollars for the same citizenship is unamerican and i don't approve.

The job market is the same for everyone....if you don't make enough money, do something to change your situation, the wealthy did.

Furthermore, why do you call them greedy?

Why should loving money be treated any differently than loving another human being? You'd give it to charity, they'd give it to themselves....none is more noble. Just two different choices.
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 09-05-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    Furthermore, why do you call them greedy?

Why should loving money be treated any differently than loving another human being? You'd give it to charity, they'd give it to themselves....none is more noble. Just two different choices.
    I find it hard to reconcile a mother having enough baby formula to feed her child against someone buying some hand stitched Gucci loafers.

Further to that whilst the rich are taxed, they can afford 'creative' accountants who will shift money around to ensure that their client is not paying the full amount on their capital.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Get Stoked

So, while a kid dies of cancer and his parents can't pay for the bills so treatment is not given, a rich guy goes out and buys a Ferrari, knowing that kid is going to die.

Is that right, morally? No.

Sure, I'd love money if everyone else had money, but they don't. Money is the root of all evil... there's no way to love that.

"they can afford 'creative' accountants"
    so? it's not illegal...and when it is, people go to jail, what's the problem?
    if you can't afford an accountant, you don't get one and thusly don't reap the benefits of an accountant. They paid for one and shall recieve the benefit.

And the kid with cancer thing? c'mon. that's absolutely ridiculous to say that everyone else should pay for each others problems. i don't have an x-box 360, are you going to buy me one?

Get Stoked

Having cancer and wanting an Xbox are like fire and ice.

You seriously need to rethink your stance on life.

c'mon man, it's just a political stance.
    i'm not telling you you're wrong, just stating my opinion.

kind of a "fair across the board" stance.

all gravy

ps. i don't judge people by their political views......ie. outside of this thread......people are too different...
    Last edited by EmmitBrown; 09-05-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Get Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    c'mon man, it's just a political stance.
    i'm not telling you you're wrong, just stating my opinion.

kind of a "fair across the board" stance.

all gravy

ps. i don't judge people by their political views......ie. outside of this thread......people are too different...
    Well, I understand they're just political views.

Thinking that not being able to cure your cancer and wanting an Xbox 360 are in the same category, that's an issue.

SonicKaos

Man have I ever been educated by reading this thread haha... too bad I can't vote in the US because I actually feel like it at the moment.

I have to say I'm very much with Stoked and the rest here though. Here's my oppinion:

The rich get to keep more of their money while the poor have to pay more... this much is true. Should someone who has worked hard to accumulate a large amount of money have to pay more taxes then someone who hasn't been able to? No. It's the fact that the government is taking a lower percentage from people who have a lot of money then they are from those who NEED all the money they can get to live.

If everyone could afford everything they need to live then there wouldn't be a problem. Rich people would have more money to spend on things they enjoy, while "poor" people would have to be a bit more conservative with their money by spending less cash on entertainment...and perhaps the rich deserve that luxury. However, there are a lot of people out there who as Stoked said cannot afford medicine, food, shelter, transportation or a lot of other things. Why do they have to pay a higher percentage then those who can afford such things and much more?

If a poor man and a rich man went to a skatepark that charged 10 dollars for admission, should the rich person pay more? No they shouldn't, because that's an activity done for personal pleasure. This is a service that people CHOOSE to use and therefore pay for, and has nothing to do with life or death. You don't CHOOSE to whether or not you pay for food, you need it to live... you don't CHOOSE whether you pay to cure your cancer, because if you don't you'll die. Finally, you don't CHOOSE to pay taxes, because you are forced to in order to live in this country.

If being poor meant you just couldn't do as many fun things, life would be fine. Making people pay a larger percent of their earned money BECAUSE they don't make as much is not.
    Last edited by SonicKaos; 09-05-2008 at 07:00 PM.