Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This guy who's super good had never had a part, so I made one for him

Default This guy who's super good had never had a part, so I made one for him

I met this guy on the slap forums. He gave me a link to his reel a few weeks ago and I was blown away at how good his stuff is. He'd never made any kind of part EVER. I offered to edit something for him and this is what it turned into:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asCxThEage4

His filming is pretty good (just a few ghosts), and his spots were incredible. Lots of originality goin on here.
    Last edited by thebullet; 12-11-2009 at 12:58 PM.

really cool stuff

some stuff which were unrealistic but the other stuff was reallly really good

slappy at parkade was AWESOME =)

edit was spot on like always =D

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

that was fucking sick, wow.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

who the fuck that was awesome...

talk about knowing what your doing and having fun at the same time...
    good lord...

that film had more character than 70% of the shit i see on a daily basis....

naut him and make it somethin to look forward too..
    jesus!....

One more skater to copy ideas off of is always a good thing.
    EzPzLemnSqueezy http://www.youtube.com/user/EzPzLemnSqueezy Fuck

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

ef aye wash tis gain ten I no tinker moar. then sreepy teim 4evrr.

oh damn! that was sick as hell. Literally amazing. Killer spots and fresh takes.
    FS 5-0 to sw crooks over the deathbridge, 180 no comply revert, crazy hippy jump, and the 50-50 into the tranisition were my favorite parts. he's even bs lipsliding giant pipes--insane.

Don't Worry, Be Happy seamonkeymadnss's Avatar

holy shit. i loved that lots.

spots in outer space. slappy grind right off the bat. AOTP too?
    i spy with my little eye, another abduction
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That was like getting a handjob in a blender . . . blood everywhere, people are crying, granny's in the corner clucking like a chicken, but you two just keep hitting the puree button.

that was fucking incredible..

allready watched it about 5 times..
    and imma watch it again soon..
    this was something special..

but im sure it were just the edit..

most definitely ill

gotta give it to ya for the edit too.

Damnit,one of his clips is same spot and trick as a clip i havent used yet oh well,that was a great video,with great original spots,filming could use work,but he's well on his way,killer stuff !
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Fucking Psychonaut's taking over. We're like the Death Row Records of fake skateboarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    So... We all agree, fuck Psychonaut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Giving it thumbs down would be soooo obliviously obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    You are one of the few who only have good clips and I often have to concentrate and rewatch clips to realize just how fucking crazy they all are.

.:: Psychonaut ::.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychonautArchives

Steam
    Monkadelic

that shit is hardcore man...... for real....

Awful Awfuls!

One of the best solos I've seen in awhile, holy mother fucking shit that just blew my mind it was so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchors View Post
    Anders rips your throat out and uses it to wax his spots.

This was AWESOME! Loved it, super inspiring I'm gonna go play skate now!

Good job on the edit / music too, worked really well.
    P S Y C H O N A U T
    ------------------------
    www.youtube.com/user/DRFA1979

powerslide/lipslide that pipe, HAHAHAHA that is the rawest thing I have ever seen hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Wow,
    creativity, originality.
    subtle bangers from start to finish.
    and that smooth quick dificulty you dont see often.

spots ive never even thought of. or SEEN in some cases.

and the Banger!
    "Why didnt I think if that!?"

Win. that was great.
    am i sensing another abduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Skatevid2 View Post
    am i sensing another abduction?
    no.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

Banned

not my thing :/

Quote Originally Posted by JerrelMD View Post
    not my thing :/
    i don't think that anything that has ever appeared on fluckit has been your thing. i'm glad you come by to remind us though.
    ------
    ------

Not really feelin it myself; it had its moments, but most of it was pretty average at best. That being said 1:29 was sick; so was 3:02 though I thought the last noseblunt was kind of an after-though.

You hang out at the Slap forums bullet? I love it there, everyone hates each other
    "Bene's tranny skating is still sick as ever. Bene just loves them trannys."--Nolan

"You call it religion, I call it shit."--Ian MacKaye

This was amazing.

I love when I watch a video and have no idea where a spot is. Also, it's really awesome to watch someone who is so outside the loop. Just doing whatever tricks he thought looked cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    This was amazing.

I love when I watch a video and have no idea where a spot is. Also, it's really awesome to watch someone who is so outside the loop. Just doing whatever tricks he thought looked cool.
    basically that.

HARDatLURK

this is one of the best skate 2 vids ive seen...how anybody could not like this is beyond me (they're probably jealous)...filming is exciting...tricks are technically awesome...skating is fast...and spot selection was incredible. raw doggin'!!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robley View Post
    i don't think that anything that has ever appeared on fluckit has been your thing. i'm glad you come by to remind us though.
    I meant it in a positive way though. The way that it has elements that may make it a super 'valid' video but just is a style I'd rather not prefer to watcg.

Thereby I did enjoy most of the fluckers a while ago, the styles felt more diverse...
    maybe I still have to get used to that fact.

I mean, do you really think I have over 200 posts just saying 'it wasn't my thing'?

I meant it in a positive way though. The way that it has elements that may make it a super 'valid' video but just is a style I'd rather not prefer to watcg.

Thereby I did enjoy most of the fluckers a while ago, the styles felt more diverse...
    maybe I still have to get used to that fact.

I mean, do you really think I have over 200 posts just saying 'it wasn't my thing'?
    i typed out this big response filled with what i believe are valid points, but it was so long i didn't even want to read it.

to summarize, you should probably just post more at EA.

(the big response had so many dick jokes in it it would make your head spin. it also had two fart references.)

EDIT: i also want to point out the warm reception the last video you posted received. which is not my style, nor is it the style of many of the people who gave you positive encouragement, which i can assure you some of wasn't genuine. it's called interacting with other people in a friendly "i'm not a douchebag" way. google it and try it out.
    Last edited by robley; 12-12-2009 at 07:03 PM.
    ------
    ------

Robley is Hilarious and Horsehead is completely right about someone being out of the loop and just doing what they like and simply not giving a fuck.

But on to the video... I liked the part when...

when... the board flipped and slid on places i never seen or thought would be slid upon. This vid was gushing awesomeness and facemeltin skating I enjoyed errthang bout it.

Only thing I think I liked more was Robley's comments, Im still lol'ing.
    Im Already Is.

Banned

i typed out this big response filled with what i believe are valid points, but it was so long i didn't even want to read it.

to summarize, you should probably just post more at EA.

(the big response had so many dick jokes in it it would make your head spin. it also had two fart references.)

EDIT: i also want to point out the warm reception the last video you posted received. which is not my style, nor is it the style of many of the people who gave you positive encouragement, which i can assure you some of wasn't genuine. it's called interacting with other people in a friendly "i'm not a douchebag" way. google it and try it out.
    Hey this is a forum, a place where you share your opinion. IMO I'd rather have everyone be honest so I can improve my videos, but since styles in this game have grown like 2 miles apart it's hard to criticize. So the thing is, I've always been honest with my opinion, yeah even those 5-6 months ago, but I guess you only checked out the hoodlum stuff, eh? Because I was a fkn active flucker. Still, if you think my vid sucks, just say so, because in the end that's what the forum is for.
    Thereby I only play this game for editing material... So I take everybody's advice equally. Please don't think I turn emo when 'you', the almighty Robley, don't give me a 'warm welcome'.
    Plus do you really think one comment would do him harm?

I barely check out the EA forums Mr. 'Oh hey it's robley', for me it's just skatecc.net.

And some more about my own video:
    I've received comment saying that people think I have a nice style, I'd love to say stuff about this guy too, but for me it felt like 'another unrealistic vid like that', even if he hadn't posted here yet.

Honestly, I felt like most ppl here took over TheBullet's style, and I loved his style. Same goes for GymAllstar. Now many people made it generic.

One question:
    Do I have to state that this is all just my opinion? Common sense much? A forum?

Banned

And it's not like I didn't give him a chance, I checked out that whole vid to conclude it's just not my style...

Hey this is a forum, a place where you share your opinion. IMO I'd rather have everyone be honest so I can improve my videos, but since styles in this game have grown like 2 miles apart it's hard to criticize. So the thing is, I've always been honest with my opinion, yeah even those 5-6 months ago, but I guess you only checked out the hoodlum stuff, eh? Because I was a fkn active flucker. Still, if you think my vid sucks, just say so, because in the end that's what the forum is for.
    Thereby I only play this game for editing material... So I take everybody's advice equally. Please don't think I turn emo when 'you', the almighty Robley, don't give me a 'warm welcome'.
    Plus do you really think one comment would do him harm?

I barely check out the EA forums Mr. 'Oh hey it's robley', for me it's just skatecc.net.

And some more about my own video:
    I've received comment saying that people think I have a nice style, I'd love to say stuff about this guy too, but for me it felt like 'another unrealistic vid like that', even if he hadn't posted here yet.

Honestly, I felt like most ppl here took over TheBullet's style, and I loved his style. Same goes for GymAllstar. Now many people made it generic.

One question:
    Do I have to state that this is all just my opinion? Common sense much? A forum?
    nobody was lying when they said your video was good, because it was. (except for the opening credits of friends sounding song, but i'm going out on a limb to say you didn't write and record that.) it was a good video. you are good at this. you don't need improvement with your videos. i am saying people were generous with their praise because it will encourage you to do more of them, and post them here. contribute something other than pithy comments about style and slanted emoticons. it's a good way to interact with people. people with this "same generic style" you feel the need to piss and moan about. go read it again.

as far as referring to me as "the almighty robley" and stating i "only watched the hoodlum stuff, eh?" you just sound bitter. i definitely don't think of myself as almighty in any sense, and any respect i garner from anyone is due to the fact that i make quality productions and have social graces that allow me to interact with other people in a decent manner. it's also a known fact that i think hoodlum puts out it's fair share of shitty videos itself. the sheer number of people that are a part of it (far too many) make it impossible to do otherwise. i may actually watch the least amount of hoodlum videos of anyone associated with it. you maybe have me confused with someone who's been around a long time. i haven't. i didn't do any of this before skate 2. i didn't take a hoodlum blood oath and i didn't engage in the great EA wars of 2008. that might be an easy way for you to write anything i say off, but that's all it is.

i'm not expecting you to get all "emo" (is that seriously still a word people use?) and tremble before me. we have differing views on this, quite clearly, and as this is a forum, this is where we debate it. i'd much rather have this conversation with you than watch everybody pat each other on the back and jerk themselves off.

the subject of the video in this particular thread is on no teams, isn't trying to, and isn't a part of any community in any sense. he probably has limited knowledge bullet even posted it here. that was the point of the whole thing. "hey this is a guy nobody knew existed." i myself wasn't too hot on it, but i'm not going to try to convince the guy to do anything differently. as far as deeming it "unrealistic", that word has been abused more than jonbenet ramsey (HEYO!). do people still not realize that literally anything is possible on a skateboard? watch any of the videos (real videos. real being the root word of realistic.) that have come out in 2009. they're real. they exist in the real world. do those tricks in game, and everyone says you might as well be playing tony hawk. while you're at it, check out a 13 year old learning noseslides. people make videos with skate 2 that correspond to both. one of them might be more difficult to pull off with your thumbs, but so is advanced calculus. i'll be goddamned if i ever want to sit down and watch someone do advanced calculus. how is a kickflip down 6 stairs more realistic than a kickflip down 16? look at cory kennedy, the new "hot dude". is that unrealistic? it can't be. he's a real person. he has a social security number. what about chris cole? why would anyone want to buy a skateboarding video game and go do what they can do in their driveway? i didn't buy grand theft auto so i could stop at red lights.
    ------
    ------

Banned

It's not necessarily the tricks that are done, but rather the abuse of the skaters unlimited amount of energy. I've seen skate2 vids of people landing a 16 sketch and immediatly bs flipping some other thing, without recovering from the G-forces that a 360 spin brings along and the actual gravity, like where is the fatigue.

But yeah, maybe there are people already capable of doing this but yet not discovered. Who knows...

Maybe I'm just disappointed because I remember fluckit as the forum with different styles in skating, and not just the forum where links to reels are posted in the show off forum and everybody likes "EASkateTV", yes I'm talking about the EA forums.
    Don't get me wrong, skatecc.net is full of drones too, yet the skating feels legit and possible.

And you're totally right about having your own reasons for buying a game, they're games after all, I bought my copy of this game with my own reasons too.

The thing that bugs me now and maybe made my reply ott, is this:
    One person can make a topic like "Oh this guy is super good u should check his stuff out" and the other person gets pretty much criticized for not feeling the style and expressing that in a modest way.

i'm not criticizing your message. it's not your style. i understand, and it's not my style either. it was your delivery. like you're disappointed someone doesn't do things the way you hoped they would.

anyway, different strokes, different folks, world still spins. all that jazz. we'll all keep making videos that for the most part we don't tell people in real life about because how fucking embarrassing would that be?
    ------
    ------

Banned

About my delivery... I delivered my message this way so people and the actual 'skater' have an idea of how many people do dig it and how many don't..

Well Robley, I'm kinda glad that we sorta agree on a few points and I'm just gonna let this topic rest.

Some of my mates actually find Ii kinda cool that I'm doing this, mostly cuz they know I'm into video-editing.

eflixxx

eric logan: your sick, not only good tricks, but also good cams, which usually seem to be harder to master. keep doing your thing.
    bullet: thanks for making this, edit is sick too =)
    rob and jarrel, kiss and make out, this is a happy place, ive seen rainbows and unicorns around, or was that somewhere else? i have short term memory loss, sorry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eflixxx View Post
    eric logan: your sick, not only good tricks, but also good cams, which usually seem to be harder to master. keep doing your thing.
    bullet: thanks for making this, edit is sick too =)
    rob and jarrel, kiss and make out, this is a happy place, ive seen rainbows and unicorns around, or was that somewhere else? i have short term memory loss, sorry
    You only had to read the last post to know that this 'issue' was solved.

eflixxx

jerrell: happy place!

Banned

You're the one making it worse ><

Omg 6th post here? Last post here (this topic)

Blazing a Trail SeksulChokolate's Avatar
    PSN
    Weird_JamJar
    XBL
    SeksulChokolate

why would anyone want to buy a skateboarding video game and go do what they can do in their driveway? i didn't buy grand theft auto so i could stop at red lights.
    ... hahahaha soo perfect

as for eric...you've got some skills dude
    like head said...the fact that you had little if not any influence by the community and still are able to crank out this type of footage is insane
    i think your a few tweaks away from getting the filming down
    but tricks and spot selection were right on!
    nice work dude

This is quite the thread.

The video is good. Maybe even better than good because it feels completely untainted by our influence. I say, let the man be. Hell, I'm going out on a limb here and I'm going to say, let everyone skate this game however they please.

I personally don't care if people have more fun skating a six stair than wrestling with a nasty "thread the needle/keyhole" gap for 2 hours.

Me, I've been skating how I please the entire time, and I'm not about to stop.

Robley, I love your essay, it's a god damn A plus. I think you're the most quotable flucker of all time.

And, in summary, this video is refreshingly good.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

The video is good. Maybe even better than good because it feels completely untainted by our influence.
    That's kinda why i was so stoked on this guy when i saw his reel.

And I'm sure he has no idea I posted this video here, or that this forum even exists.

About the little argument that went on, I like Jerrell, and I like his videos, ALOT. But the "not my thing" comment did kinda seem unnecessary, at least say WHY it's not your thing (which i know you did in later posts). Either way, looks like it all got resolved before i had a chance to respond anyways, so don't let me reopen the discussion.

But yeah, I'm glad you guys for the most part liked this video. Makes you wonder how many other crazy good people are out there killing it that we'll never know about.

i like this guy because everything he has going came from his own mind. his spots, his tricks, his filming, they're all exactly what he likes.
    no one had to tell him what to do to improve, he was just this good from the get go.

with the arguement, i just feel like people should skate the style they like but keep that away from judging a video. theres a lot more to a part than their speed and arm movement.
    That was like getting a handjob in a blender . . . blood everywhere, people are crying, granny's in the corner clucking like a chicken, but you two just keep hitting the puree button.

i like this guy because everything he has going came from his own mind. his spots, his tricks, his filming, they're all exactly what he likes.
    no one had to tell him what to do to improve, he was just this good from the get go.

with the arguement, i just feel like people should skate the style they like but keep that away from judging a video. theres a lot more to a part than their speed and arm movement.