Thread: New Vids :)

i'll just quote myself from the ea forums:

i honestly ask myself what restrictions regarding movement of items in park editor exist.

he rotated that ledge piece to get a manual pad. still it was no seamless rotation but only in 90 degree portions. then he lowered it. but it didn't move seamless, i jumped down a whole lot of distance. in the beginning he moved that rail from top of the box to the middle of the slanted side. at first i was thinking that he would move it to the side and place it at an angle like a handrail. maybe it is still possible and the game kind of notices what you want to do and moves rotates the pieces accordingly.

about the animations:
    the regular crooks still don't have the correct angle and there still is that glitch where your feet gets stuck in the board in a slam.

besides all that it's looking pretty slick, although some of the spots even are too spacious imo.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Park Editor:

The fact that you can sink items into the ground makes for endless rail and ledge fun. It was cool how he rotated the big ledge to make a manny pad. I can't wait to get to the outdoor street plaza I'm not sure if you can tilt anything for more angle...

Training:

Skate school seems like a cool idea for the people who don't know how to play. I may even log a few minutes on there to learn my grab tricks, I stick with the crossbone a lot because I know how to do it. Other than that I won't get any real use out of it.

Story:

Awesome idea to make your photos billboards in the game, and have banners and stickers with your team logos. It's a skater's way of ruling the world. Bwahahahaaa!!!!
    Hardcore mode still friggen owns. That'll be the best part of the game. It'll be like learning the game again, sorta.

Other notes:

Loving the new animations. Running and hopping on the board looks smoother. Landing animations make more sense, and the head follows the motions more realistically. Popping the board looks more realistic. It's wack that the foot-through-board glitch is still there. They should've changed that to where the board actually breaks or something. Bail animations are gonna be great, the fact that he catches himself from falling instead of the straight legged "oops I goofed" animation from s2 will make for some interesting trick vids (multiple attempts).

Can't hardly wait

all the vids looked good.

No idea how a crooks could have an incorrect angle. People do crooks a bunch of different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    all the vids looked good.

No idea how a crooks could have an incorrect angle. People do crooks a bunch of different ways.
    when the crooked grind looks like a noseslide, the angle is off. happens in s2 all the time and it still happens in s3 which can be seen in one of the videos.

for me, for a crooked the board will be near a 45 degree angle to the obstacle. when the tail of the board is at the same height as the nose during a crooked, it looks fluckin ugly.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

that was excellent, but now I feel like I need to get my hands on the skatepark editor to really understand what's possible. It looks like we may never need a S4.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Quote Originally Posted by schnavolda View Post
    for me, for a crooked the board will be near a 45 degree angle to the obstacle. when the tail of the board is at the same height as the nose during a crooked, it looks fluckin ugly.
    true indeed

when the crooked grind looks like a noseslide, the angle is off. happens in s2 all the time and it still happens in s3 which can be seen in one of the videos.
    And it happens in real skateboarding as well. As long as the back truck isn't below the object you're grinding.. it's a Crooked. So.. I'm not really sure why you're annoyed by it..

While it's true that it's ugly, it still a valid form of the trick. Not only that but it's also up to the skater to adjust himself/his weight for the crooked to look good. Just as in Real Life. The only way for this to never happen in Skate would be to have pre-determined grind animations (like THPS) with no in between allowed. Seems like a step backwords to me.

Seeing the Light

i foresee hours of frustration on editing a park.frustrating but hopefully fulfilling.

And it happens in real skateboarding as well. As long as the back truck isn't below the object you're grinding.. it's a Crooked. So.. I'm not really sure why you're annoyed by it..
    you answer your question yourself.

While it's true that it's ugly, it still a valid form of the trick.
    there is a thing called aesthetic perception. mine gets a kick in the nuts everytime i see a crooked that looks like a noseslide, be it ingame or in real life.

it's like hitting the trucks at a boardslide, toe drag, touching the ground with the hand on landing and so on and so on. all valid, all real and all avoided by everyone if possible.

they don't even need pre-canned animations to deal with that. look at switch crooks, they look perfectly fine. that seems like only a handful of parameters in the physics that need to be tweaked.

you answer your question yourself.

there is a thing called aesthetic perception. mine gets a kick in the nuts everytime i see a crooked that looks like a noseslide, be it ingame or in real life.

it's like hitting the trucks at a boardslide, toe drag, touching the ground with the hand on landing and so on and so on. all valid, all real and all avoided by everyone if possible.

they don't even need pre-canned animations to deal with that. look at switch crooks, they look perfectly fine. that seems like only a handful of parameters in the physics that need to be tweaked.
    So... it's your own pet peeve that you want them to remove?

As far as Switch is concerned it's exactly the same. Unless you're referring to the animations for "True Switch" which is probably just the result of some unrefined coding that the community happened to like.

In any case... I don't think it really matters.

Banned

Its still possible to do correct looking crooks, they are just harder to master than the ugly ones, which is the way it SHOULD be.

You gotta work for that purty thang.

So... it's your own pet peeve that you want them to remove?

As far as Switch is concerned it's exactly the same. Unless you're referring to the animations for "True Switch" which is probably just the result of some unrefined coding that the community happened to like.

In any case... I don't think it really matters.
    i stop at this point, because it's a waste.

no offense, but you seem like the kind of player that ollies twice as high as necessary into a grind, because it doesn't matter.

that makes it impossible for you to understand what i am talking about. that's what i understood now.

Banned

i stop at this point, because it's a waste.

no offense, but you seem like the kind of player that ollies twice as high as necessary into a grind, because it doesn't matter.

that makes it impossible for you to understand what i am talking about. that's what i understood now.
    Check your attitude.

Only warning.

Im getting pretty impatient now, may seems ages away...
    Cant wait to get my teeth into the park editor, also cant wait to skate whatever all you guys create. I know there will be some sick stuff

69th post... dirty dirty
    Last edited by darthmonkeyman; 03-09-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Jack
    "Is that a baby carrot in your pocket are you just packing lunch for your vegetarian wife?"

Quote Originally Posted by darthmonkeyman View Post
    Cant wait to get my teeth into the park editor, also cant wait to skate whatever all you guys create. I know there will be some sick stuff
    i hope finding and sharing stuff will be easy and the limitations on how many parks you download aren't too low.

hopefully there will be some kind of website with park.reel or anything comparable for easily sending parks to the game.

edit: two new videos up @ gt.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/do...-skate-3/62855
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pick-up-skate-3/62856

you can now fall into water without respawning directly.

the new blog says that all the videos from that event are easy mode btw. good to know.
    Last edited by schnavolda; 03-10-2010 at 01:36 AM.

The story mode sounds very very entertaining, I found that the story got quite repetative with the first two games, maybe this one wont be but then again its not meant to be fun because of its story i dont think Cant wait to get my hands on the graphics creator looks sick, only thing that i didnt hear him mention was if you could add in pieces that werent already there so make them "spawn" and then place them where you want, it sounded a bit as if you get given a warehouse with loads of stuff in it and you get to move it about. . . still looks sick.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 Skater View Post
    only thing that i didnt hear him mention was if you could add in pieces that werent already there so make them "spawn" and then place them where you want, it sounded a bit as if you get given a warehouse with loads of stuff in it and you get to move it about. . . still looks sick.
    i think it works like it did back in tony hawk's or at trials hd.

you start with an empty place and have a drop down list of all the items you can use. you choose one, spawn it, place it. rinse and repeat till you are happy with your park. you can always move every spawned piece around or just delete it ofc.

please stop complaining dudes.. gem will be fine, regardless..

two words: outdoor skateplaza!

cant fukking wait.

i wasnt really complaing, i know the game will be amazing either way. A new place is enough for me yet alone adding in hardcore mode, create a park, new story, co-op carrer etc

i can't stop thinking about the park editor, so i wrote down all my thoughts over at the ea forum in hope, so that maybe cuz will read it and give some answers in the promised q&a.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/437899.page

i just don't want to get disappointed by a feature that i'm really looking forward to.

ive been thinking about the whole 90 degree rotation thing, and at first i was like . . . christ! that limits things! but after some thought ive realised that it really doesnt, i mean sure there are some things you cant do but you can still adjust the hight of things, its really an advanced version of the tony hawk park editor, and isnt that what we want but just with the physics of skate?

Amateur Flucker Jakeblueisballin's Avatar

I'm late but,
    I love the crooks (rl or skate) that start as a nosegrind but end up into a crook by the end. I wish I had a good example.
    Anyway, BB, if you want to ... ya know, hook up JakeBlue with an advanced copy
    I survived the demo days

word on the street is no ones getting early copies...

and i cant express how pissed i am about it...

he rotated that ledge piece to get a manual pad. still it was no seamless rotation but only in 90 degree portions.
    I didn't notice this the first time I watched it, but it actually does only do 90 degree rotations, which is incredibly lame if that's the only amount of rotating you can do to an object, but he said and I see a 'fine tune' option which might open up the free rotation, he was just basically zooming through the possibilities really quick so we have no idea, still pumped either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

yeah the fine tune is a mystery, here hoping it's not just a vertical adjustment and takes in to account rotation as well...my only worry with this is that much like most of BB's "create" features it's not quite as good as we hoped for..

I also hope that we don't find a couple of weeks after dropping, that we have some DLC that add's 360 rotation to objects that costs us 800 ms pts, even though it "would have been in the final product had we had the time to implement it before relaese date"

granted i was on the dev kit but...

the droppables i messed with were full 360 rotation....
    crossin fingers....

Demz is the man for info....yeah let's hope that it wasn't just a dev tool...