Thread: Thoughs of teams....

Default Thoughs of teams....

personally i think its great to have teams online but also im not sure i wanna have a serious team. probly either gonna fly solo and have fun or hopefully find a team that cares about nothing but skate around and make team vids. So if you happen to be one hit me up cuz im all ears and thumbs

Stopped Pushing Mongo Mourning Becomes Electra's Avatar

How about a unified Fluckit team or is that just too berserk?
    PSN: Mourning_Becomes

Fluckit UTD like a futbol team would actually be pretty dope, you'd have the same basic team structure which would most likely be mods or other known trustworthy people. But the mods would be split into teams AM, Pro, Flow, etc. etc. and be the manager for said team. You could then find out who can do what as far as editing, graphics and what not. Each team would be self sufficient it would be more work but if everyone did their part it could actually work and would be prety damn cool to pull off. Man just think of the colabs all the skaters and different editors could lead ot some killer videos.

Stopped Pushing Mongo Mourning Becomes Electra's Avatar

I concurr! We'd have both platforms sewn up!
    PSN: Mourning_Becomes

if the game wont let me put 6 demz clones then its gonna be all black people...

shady..
    clay..
    mack..
    magic...

and that fluckit utd is pretty dope but damn does it sound complicated....

I don't see the new team thing being any different. I think it is only going to help out finishing the game for the most part, and most current teams could care less. IDK I could be wrong, but on our team Tubs is the box while the rest of us are PS3. I think in the begining everyone will try it out and use the youtube imbed thing or whatever, but if it makes things more dificult IE our team has more people than allowed in ingame teams, or how our team crosses platforms, then I really don't see it catching on. I think it might bring some more people to the forums for there team oriented stuff, but I just don't really see it playing a huge role in the established community as it is now.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

it kinda seems like the ingame team co op is just for people to easily connect to those who play skate..

like if joe blow gets the game..
    his friends gets it too...
    the ingame team stuff is just an easy way for non hardcore folks like us to keep track of who plays..

its like a unoffical clan or team...

all of us who have teams are just gonna make a mockery of it...
    but those who are new will help them put there foot into the door...
    its a fancy way of organization without all the forum bullshit..

im sure theres groups of peopel that play all the time but dont make vids or even touch the forums...

^^^^
    i was one of them...

Is there a limit to how many people you can have on at team (in S3)? If so, Hoodlum's gonna be screwed!

I like the idea of a Fluckit team though, to go with the Fluckit CAP.
    [08:21 PM] thesignguy: i like to trap people with movables, its like my make believe audience, i leave them off screen when i film so people dont find me odd

I'm glad people are kinda vibing on that idea cause it is a good one. As far as the structure of the whole thing as said before model it after a real skateboard company. They all have their different teams but all have different types and styles; am, pro, flow. Someone (Admin maybe) would then pick out which mods* are the managers of what teams. The hardest part would be the "who's on what team." Then the managers could set up a time when footage had to be in to a video help pick spots. We would have to figure out everyones rules on the team, who on graphics who's on editing. Plus you could have better work on cameos an AM vid feat a Pro or vice versa. Inner team contests like the tampaAM and the tampaPRO. With everyone doing something for the betterment of the whole team the fluckit utd would take over.

*I only say mods because they tend to be someone people of the forum can trust a little as well as the admin and they are perfectly able to kick someone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    if the game wont let me put 6 demz clones then its gonna be all black people...

shady..
    clay..
    mack..
    magic...

and that fluckit utd is pretty dope but damn does it sound complicated....
    pretty much think of it as a bigger example of hoodlum. hoodlum is a whole, then divided into different sections. we are fluckit, we divide ourselves into different fluckit groups. can base it on the active and ppl like hoodlum dudes get a section because there "notoriety" then its me and everyone else who are kinda sorta faces of fluckit like pawn me n etc. then u get the idea. and haha u should be able to make demz clones cuz not like they track ur look alikes. im thinking of making my offline team based on my BBoy Crew IDK

Richie x Jackson

Default teams

Teams are overrated, that's why skatethis.net sucks. They take the game to seriously and make it more like work. skatethis.net has killed the crew feeling.

not to be rude richie BUT YOUR COMPLETELY RIGHT...

Quote Originally Posted by Richie x Jackson View Post
    Teams are overrated, that's why skatethis.net sucks. They take the game to seriously and make it more like work. skatethis.net has killed the crew feeling.
    teams are overrated? are you kidding? without teams the game would never be where it is today. for a lot of people the teams are more than just the gathering of players with the same taste in video games, look at hoodlum for example.

and what does skatethis.net has to do with teams? there is nothing about teams there besides the fact that teams can have their own private forum. where does skatethis.net take the game to serious? because of the challenges or cotw which are there since og skate?

and if you hate on teams so much, why did you just post a thread where you want to start a team on your own?
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

honestly i think he just doesnt like the competitive nature at .net with the leagues challenges and stuff.

to each his own....

if we didnt have such a close family of friends to play and work together with skate wouldnt be half as close to what it is now...
    hense the reason th 3-8 sucked...
    no community to help shape the future...

hoodlum is a fantastic example....
    bunch of us play diff games all the time in groups...
    gta..l4d..duty...mk....w.e. were in the mood for...
    its nice having a group of friends to enjoy other games with...

my completely right comment is not directed at .net...
    its directed at the "teams are over rated" statement....

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    honestly i think he just doesnt like the competitive nature at .net with the leagues challenges and stuff.

to each his own....

if we didnt have such a close family of friends to play and work together with skate wouldnt be half as close to what it is now...
    hense the reason th 3-8 sucked...
    no community to help shape the future...

hoodlum is a fantastic example....
    bunch of us play diff games all the time in groups...
    gta..l4d..duty...mk....w.e. were in the mood for...
    its nice having a group of friends to enjoy other games with...

my completely right comment is not directed at .net...
    its directed at the "teams are over rated" statement....

hellz yea! thats why fluckit dominated from the moment it was created to now. and yea bout hoodlum cuz its not an exclusive " nobody outside hoodlum allowed club". on the occasion i get on LIVE n chill with yall in some Duty or Skate 2 and its all play n none-to-barely work

For me, being on a team was stressful as fuck. Deadlines, sessions, uploads, downloads, editing, updates, babysitting, forcing creativity, deadlines, deadlines...

Pro, am, flow, meh. What's the point? Simulating stuff online is awesome. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Keep it small, simple, tight and focused, if at all.

Not sure I can do it this time around, despite the fact that it's totally worth the effort, in every way. I really respect the guys who pull it off and make sick shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BladderBoy View Post
    Pro, am, flow, meh. What's the point? Simulating stuff online is awesome. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    not every team is like that. in fact only very few are, at least of the dozen or so teams that really have a high impact on the community.

working as a team no matter what part of life needs deadlines, otherwise you would never be able to finish something as a team.

for me, without my team, the game would only be half as fun.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

"Keep it small, simple, tight and focused, if at all."

exactly....

you dont plan fulls and solos...
    you just make them and see whos ready at the same time as you..

as long as everyone knows the deadline or when someones solos coming we dont really discuss the details...

i dont even watch people full parts till the day its uploaded to wegame...
    every full has been put together in a personal choice...
    recently i had no idea anders had that ender...
    and it all worked out just fine...

freedom...
    thats what teams are about..
    do what you want....

Richie x Jackson

Default Wow

Why is schnavolda defending this so hard? Skatethis is extremely competitive and if your video isn't perfect than u get rapped via keyboard. I made a forum for a team of my own, cuz i want a team that's chill and will just skate and make videos. I am however currently on Screwed Up Clique because that's how they are. Maybe other teams are like that too, but when i was on skatethis I liked only one person and that was midnight because he helped me realize what i was doing wrong, and he helped make my videos better, that's wut it's about, not insulting videos, constructive criticism is the way.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

I wouldn't base your thoughts of teams on skate.this... I'm jus sayin'.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

richie u have to understand that alot of the people over there are kids who like to start shit. just like EA. if u dont like it dont go there. you may not like most of the people there, but it doesnt mean u can come here and trash on there site.

as for the teams, i agree with bladder 100% small, simple and focused. thats why hoodlum is branched out. no one could manage an entire team our size without branches.

"no one could manage an entire team our size without branches."

untill clothing cos started..
    shit you can have like 50 people on a tshirt hahah...

richie...
    WE LIKE SKATETHIS..
    IF YOU DONT..
    YOU WONT BE HERE...
    end...

hahaha forgot about the clothing co's damn

OsiRHIS

As a guy who is kind of on the outside...no teams...no real contacts within the skate community...

It's extremely hard to get your foot in the door with any group of people..whether it be just a group of folks you skate with...or a full fledged team.

I've been back in the skate community for a couple months now after leaving in just after OG skate came out...Get Stoked (met him at the very first Community Day in Vancouver) and Chvyele were like the only two people I knew and I don't think either of them are around anymore.

So since I don't know anyone...I hardly get noticed. I've done a couple solos...no one every really replied or commented on them...which was truly frustrating! The only way I have gotten better was practically just throwing footage at one team in particular (Pandemic...bless those guys for actually being patience with me) and they have told me what to do to get better. Hopefully I'll get in with them to have some folks to skate with.

Point is...you almost HAVE TO be on a team before anybody will even look at your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OsiRHIS View Post
    As a guy who is kind of on the outside...no teams...no real contacts within the skate community...

It's extremely hard to get your foot in the door with any group of people..whether it be just a group of folks you skate with...or a full fledged team.

I've been back in the skate community for a couple months now after leaving in just after OG skate came out...Get Stoked (met him at the very first Community Day in Vancouver) and Chvyele were like the only two people I knew and I don't think either of them are around anymore.

So since I don't know anyone...I hardly get noticed. I've done a couple solos...no one every really replied or commented on them...which was truly frustrating! The only way I have gotten better was practically just throwing footage at one team in particular (Pandemic...bless those guys for actually being patience with me) and they have told me what to do to get better. Hopefully I'll get in with them to have some folks to skate with.

Point is...you almost HAVE TO be on a team before anybody will even look at your stuff.

yea kinda sorta true but not true. when i was on ice creamers everyone saw my stuff, now im freelance its more of a kinda sorta thing goin. just cuz ur teamless doesnt mean u cant be noticed or become cool with ppl. like me i been freelance for the longest yet me and half of hoodlum and some other dudes know each other well

a lot of people were in exactly your situation and established themselves in the community and so can you. otherwise it would be a vicious cycle with no means of escape. no footage views -> no team -> no footage views. patience is key i guess.

with skate 3 at the door it's a fresh new chance for everybody. you will definitely find a team.

about possible team leaders watching your videos: if the mountain will not come to mohammed, mohammed must go to the mountain.

I apologize for the whole Clothing Co deal.