Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hardcore mode talk box...

Default hardcore mode talk box...

two words...

grind collisions...

Richie x Jackson

Default hey

What do u mean by grind Collisions?

alright how i see it is.. hc is something we want 2 get out hands on and try cuz its all new and the physics seem like what we have all been asking for since s1...

ramble ramble...this doesnt seem very appealing 2 me yet...yeah grind collisions, smooth lock-ins...ect..
    but 2 me is this something im reallygonna want 2 play the whole time in skate?
    i mean im a person that doesnt take 2 change very well and this is a big change we will be taking on...come on we have played the same game for 2yrs and now its gonna change up on all?

i can see myself switching in and out of it....
    like if i want 2 make the trick look very unique and throw those aesthetics that hc will offer 2 us then...fucking do it..all the more power 2 make the trick look better...
    but do i really wanna spend all day on getting a trick when i can throw this beast back in normal and bang it out in hour or so? and probably look equally the same (minusdetalsthatIdontwannagetinto)...

ramble ramble...im just expressing from my views..
    everyone is different and everyspot is different...
    2 each his own....

1moreday....

nolan=40....

i'll play hc not matter what,

i've always wanted stuff to be hard, gonna be so sick takes ages to get lines with 5050 and 5-0s in haha it'll be awesome

I agree with what head said. Not for me personally (although hard to tell before I get my hands on it for sure) I am anticipating using nothing but HC mode. I try and manipulate current game this way now. Like if I am going to hit something that shutes me up, I croutch first and just release the right stick not flick it to ollie. even if its to do nothing. I just try and think ok in rl what would my body do before and after. Thats just the way I play the game. So I would rather spend a hour in hc mode to make a grind look legit than do it in 5 miutes in normal mode. When I see the final product I remember the feeling I got when I landed it, much like in rl. On top of that, I have tried just about everything I can think of with the curent game to get new creative stuff. Hell I have spent days trying to over crook, right handplant trigger, release button, just to get a double grind look good. I have yet to see a dble grind look good, sorry they just look shitty imo. Having a whole new set of options to exploit is by far the biggest thing I am looking forward to. I could sit here and ramble off 100 things I want to try, and with s2 it was more what new places I want to see/skate.
    I think it will mostly appeal to the ultra realistic crowd and the ultra creative crowd. Leaving a majority of the in between to use it a bunch at first, then less as time goes by.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

If I'm being really real with y'all, i'll have to see just how hard it is before making a decision. but i want to be able to say right now, i'ma do hardcore all the time.

i'm just gonna try and push myself. that's all i've really ever wanted to do with fake skating. besides having fun with friends. but video-wise, hardcore is going to be pushing the boundary past what s2 could offer.

i think with my "style," hardcore is just begging to be played. i'm not super-realistic, but i make a conscious effort not to be unrealistic. If i do go big, i try not to be over-the-top, and if i do something more realistic, i make sure it looks good. Hardcore will add that extra, intangible quality to my skating.
    Last edited by mamba12; 04-01-2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

one of the last satisfactions ive gained from normal s2 is wallrides...
    there a bitch but there possible...

i want to drive hardcore back through the same process as normal and s2...
    start with the basics and work enough to where it sec nature....

i always try to bridge gaps and create possibilities out of nothing...
    and in hc i think it will set me back more than the harder stuff i try now...
    which isnt really what i want but its what i nkow i will like about the effort...

like sg said..
    when i watch a s3 vid and i know its hc...
    i will feel great knowing i got it down right...

grind collisions...
    what happenes between the trucks and the games reaction to what trick your trying to do on a grind spine.....

It's just about how you want to play. Both ways are going to be legit and difficult in their own way.

I look at HC as an opportunity to skate realistically.. not to just make it look realistic. It's a way that hopefully it will take my full ability and timing to get a line like N krooks, BS Flip, Sw. Heel Nose. Whereas in normal mode the difficulty comes from intentionally limiting myself to make it look like it was hard to do.

That being said, there's obviously a lot of time and patience that goes into skating realistically as it is right now. It's just a different type of difficulty.

Grind collision is going to produce tons of new possibilities in terms of animations and trick combos. Its going to be insane; especially considering the new posture element.

as for thoughts on hardcore mode;
    In anticipation of s3, I played OG the other day for nostalgic purposes,..and everything seemed slightly more difficult; getting the right flip trick or grind took more concentration, pop out of grinds was much lower, I didnt find myself getting sucked into ledges and rails, etc.
    Im hoping s3's hardcore mode has a similar feel. It would really bring the attention of the gameplay back to basics and new styles would develop.

hardcore mode could give us more control over the skaters momentum because of the reduced grind spline suction--no more inability to do a trick because the game sends you at a nearby ledge. Granted, it will make certain things more difficult, like hitting a handrail perfectly, but at the same time you can hit it exactly where you want to, with patience and concentration--something that really doesnt happen all that well, or very frequently in s2.

I personally cant wait to play the game in hardcore mode. I really want to be able to fake-skate without fighting the game's tendency to help me during certain situations. Not to mention that damn 'auto-pump'.

Like bullet mentioned in some thread, the shit I usually try with s2 is hard as it is.
    That, however, goes for the most people on fluckit.
    The result I guess, is going to be that a fairly 'standard' trick in s2 will be alot more appreciated in hardcore mode s3.

For example, sw flip feeble on a rail in s2 is fairly average in terms of skill
    Someone pulling that in hardcore s3 will probably get alot more appreciated by both himself and the viewers...
    What I'm trying to say is that I think simpler tricks in s2 will get more attention in s3

(man it's hard trying to translate my fuzzy swedish thougts into understandable english)

sidenote: I'm extremely stoked on seeing demz abuse the hc mode...
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

I think its going to make our scale of whats "awesome" much closer to real life. like knexz said... things that are hard IRL are going to be hard in game. So like tre-flip crook will be like ender material instead of a first try trick.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I really dont see myself playing anything but hardcore mode....

I've always been into doing really challenging tricks, In the past i've found that through popless, hippy flips, double grinds, ungrindables, bonks ect basically all glitches. It will be nice to have a real challenge on the normal tricks

On another note, we all play this game a lot right? How long did it take us in the OG Skate Demo to get basically any trick we wanted on lock? I predict in a couple weeks after Skate 3 drops we will all have gotten used to hardcore mode, it wont feel tedious anymore, it will still be challenging, but it will feel right, and normal mode will feel stupid and will not be played...

About the whole grinding thing on hardcore, thats just going to take practice, eventually I see us all getting very consistent. I know that for myself, back in OG, there was a brief period, maybe a month or so, right before i joined the forums where all I did were ungrindables. And you know what, with practice I got them very consistent, and i cant imagine Hardcore Mode grinds being harder than ungrindables...

Long story short, really looking forward to Hardcore, cant wait to skate a mini. Will be so fun having to pump to gain speed instead of constantly trying to keep the speed under control...

this conversation is why I love fluckit. Sustained, friendly, intelligent, and detailed when and where it counts. This community is a safe haven.

That being said, I'm definitely using the demo as a test run for hc. When I go pick up my pre-order, I should know how i feel about hc. If I'm in love with it, I may never switch back. If I feel like my game just got kneecapped, I may stay normal. If it seems like each mode has it's benefits, I maybe a half and half kind of guy, chinos and polos by day, switchblades and back alley bettys by night.

The demo, will be all hardcore, because I honestly need something new, I'm having a hell of a time skating S2 right now, at all, because I know hardly anyone cares.

Tell you this much right now, Heckle session at the mega park will regularly be played on normal . . . . while filming sw tail to blunt slides will undoubtedly be in hc.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    That being said, I'm definitely using the demo as a test run for hc. When I go pick up my pre-order, I should know how i feel about hc. If I'm in love with it, I may never switch back. If I feel like my game just got kneecapped, I may stay normal. If it seems like each mode has it's benefits, I maybe a half and half kind of guy, chinos and polos by day, switchblades and back alley bettys by night.
    jack has a point and i like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    ..I honestly need something new, I'm having a hell of a time skating S2 right now, at all, because I know hardly anyone cares.
    I couldnt have put it better myself.

HC will where we film our banger clips. But when we're like 3/4 of the way filming our part and we just wanna get some filler, we'll go back to normal and bang out a stock tricks.

Don't forget, we get just under a month with the demo. I think we'll all be quite accustomed to HC by the time the full drops.

By the way, i'm still looking for a team.......
    [08:21 PM] thesignguy: i like to trap people with movables, its like my make believe audience, i leave them off screen when i film so people dont find me odd

...i think ill switch to hardcore the moment i start the demo and never go back to anything else. im sure it will take more or less time to get used to it (and im sure i will love exactly this period most) but once im used to hc i can imagine, that switching back to normal mode could feel kind of strange.

for example: right now in s2 im used to the angle i need, to hit a rail in a certain way. in hc mode its probably different somehow. once the approach to a rail in hc mode becomes natural, that would be the way to go, will hopefully look more realistic and be more challenging. why go back to normal mode and fall back to old skate2 habbits? hope you get what i mean....

the other possibilty is, that hc mode is so hard that ill be completely frustrated and switch to easy mode and rip mega ramps all day
    !!!

I'm gonna start the demo play through once in normal, then go and switch to hc and go from there. Give it equal play at first then decide what I like. Plus I wanna try a 270 to nose blunt.

Nothin but hardcore mode for me. the way i see it if i see a sick tre to tail on a hand rail in normal mode ill think "aaight, was sick" but if i see it in hardcore mode ill think "BANGIN" .
    like heshfield said yeah itll be harder but you get that refined skate experience, that personal touch that makes it a smidget above the medeocre.
    defo hardcore.

ill skate hardcore all day...but as soon as its heckle sesh time, its going to normal. i think thats the only time ill play normal.

for my style of fake skating which i developed over the time of s2, there is no alternative to hardcore mode.

back in og i was more on the arcade side putting out big tricks, speed glitching here and there. now i'm more on the mellow, more realistic side but still have over the top tricks as bangers here and there.

in the last weeks of s2, even if had tricks i was really happy with that looked good and felt good, the sense of accomplishment wasn't really there. even my ender for ambivalence didn't give me that "HOLY FLUCK I DID IT" feeling.

the good about hardcore mode for me is, that even if we all get used to it, it won't get much easier. sure, you know how to approach tricks from experience etc but doing it still requires skill.

HC will where we film our banger clips. But when we're like 3/4 of the way filming our part and we just wanna get some filler, we'll go back to normal and bang out a stock tricks.
    i honestly can't see myself doing that. first of all, i don't have clips that i feel are filler material at the point where i make a video and if i really want to have some i can film them in hardcore.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

you remember the cronenberg movie, crash? it had some nice grind collisions

I might have missed something here, but is hardcore mode conformed to be in the demo ?
    I got like 3 of his parts on my phone right now that I watch on a regular basis before playing for inspiration. - TheBullet

Quote Originally Posted by Tubilakken View Post
    I might have missed something here, but is hardcore mode conformed to be in the demo ?
    Yeah its been confirmed Tubi

Stopped Pushing Mongo Mourning Becomes Electra's Avatar

Once I switch HC on its not getting switched off. It will be the new default.
    PSN: Mourning_Becomes

Hardcore mode all the way for me. And we have to remember we'll be forced to use a dirty watermark if we're on normal. Of course that means nothing to the capture card folks
    I cant see myself ever switching to normal. Although i wont be mad at anyone using it.
    Jack
    "Is that a baby carrot in your pocket are you just packing lunch for your vegetarian wife?"

Quote Originally Posted by darthmonkeyman View Post
    And we have to remember we'll be forced to use a dirty watermark if we're on normal.
    That hasn't been confirmed, Cuz specifically said watermarks on Easy Mode, Normal Mode was never discussed...

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    That hasn't been confirmed, Cuz specifically said watermarks on Easy Mode, Normal Mode was never discussed...

Oh yeah youre right
    More than likely then normal players can turn it off
    Jack
    "Is that a baby carrot in your pocket are you just packing lunch for your vegetarian wife?"

I am very excited for the new HC mode - I was thinking about the OG SKATE demo and when that came out it felt like you really had to line up your grind and the height of it more than you do now with S2 by far... I want that feeling back and I think HC will make that a reality very shortly for all of us. (let's hope)

One thing that concerns me a little bit though - If there is an Option NOT to have a watermark in Normal and also in HC who is to say what was filmed on either setting? I am not speaking about calling someone out on saying "That looked like normal when you said it was HC!" I want to watch something and KNOW that it was in HC so I can appreciate it for the mode it was done in and Wow-ed by the fact that the skater pulled it off at that rail/spot...

I can just picture people posting videos and stating(HC mode) next to the title and nailing crazy tricks that would be amazing done in HC mode but simply were NOT filmed in HC mode... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by GymAllstar View Post
    I can just picture people posting videos and stating(HC mode) next to the title and nailing crazy tricks that would be amazing done in HC mode but simply were NOT filmed in HC mode... just saying
    i didn't want to quote your whole posting but i second everything you said and i have the same concerns.

i hope that hc mode footage is easily distinguishable from normal mode but i don't hang my hopes high there. maybe if we all have some experience with skating and filming in hc we can more easily spot the differences but there should still be something watermark like. at this point only a handful of people knows first hand how hc mode feels and looks like.

i thought about this whole situation yesterday evening when i couldn't sleep and i thought about something along the lines of maybe a different looking vignette or no vignetting at all in hc mode. that could still be avoided with masking and cropping and i could see people doing it just for the sake of growing their e-peens.

this whole problem brings me to a point where i ask myself if i am taking this game too serious. in the end, it shouldn't matter which mode a trick was filmed in, if it is looking good and fulfills its role in the video. but if someone is bragging with it .... and here we are back at the beginning.

long story short: let's just hope that there is some easy to spot visual difference.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

Quote Originally Posted by schnavolda View Post
    this whole problem brings me to a point where i ask myself if i am taking this game too serious. in the end, it shouldn't matter which mode a trick was filmed in, if it is looking good and fulfills its role in the video. but if someone is bragging with it .... and here we are back at the beginning.

even though I totally agree with everything you said before this point when I came to this I was like NOOOO SHIT!
    Helen Adams Keller

Banned

im probably gonna stick to hc most of time

maybe i didn't put it into the right words. it is not ok to pretend something is hc if it is not.

if someone films a trick in normal, puts it in a video where also hc clips are used, says it was in normal and it works in the video, it should really be no problem.

i just feel like i'm worrying too much about a game i haven't even played.

long story short: let's just hope that there is some easy to spot visual difference.
    I agree that we should never take Fake Skateboarding and a video game TOO seriously, but in the same thought is the fact that most of us spend a ton on hours skating and filming and perfecting our tricks/lines in order to put together video parts. As I see it, if I spend the time in HC mode to film tricks and put together a part I can be proud of, I want others to KNOW that it was put together in the most difficult mode in the game. And also, when I watch other people's videos I want to see what can be done in HC mode at specific spots or gaps and KNOW that it was done with the HC physics....

So Voldy I do not think it is takin a game too seriously, I see it as coming down to time spent and effort put into a part that you would like recognized as an achievement to yourself and others in the community.

maybe i didn't put it into the right words. it is not ok to pretend something is hc if it is not.

if someone films a trick in normal, puts it in a video where also hc clips are used, says it was in normal and it works in the video, it should really be no problem.

i just feel like i'm worrying too much about a game i haven't even played.
    no i think its me that worded it awrong, I'm on your page, you made me ask myself haha
    Helen Adams Keller

Quote Originally Posted by GymAllstar View Post
    I agree that we should never take Fake Skateboarding and a video game TOO seriously, but in the same thought is the fact that most of us spend a ton on hours skating and filming and perfecting our tricks/lines in order to put together video parts. As I see it, if I spend the time in HC mode to film tricks and put together a part I can be proud of, I want others to KNOW that it was put together in the most difficult mode in the game. And also, when I watch other people's videos I want to see what can be done in HC mode at specific spots or gaps and KNOW that it was done with the HC physics....

So Voldy I do not think it is takin a game too seriously, I see it as coming down to time spent and effort put into a part that you would like recognized as an achievement to yourself and others in the community.
    i never wanted to say that anyone here is taking the game too serious. that is as far from it as it could be. i'm really sorry if it sounded like that. i was only talking about myself. i myself take this game very serious, sometimes too much as it would be good for me and i really want the dedication everybody puts into it to show. that's why i wish for a way too clearly see what mode everything was filmed in.

sorry again if i offended someone.

On another note, whats wrong with taking the game seriously? or "too" seriously?

I take just as much pride and put in just as much effort in my fake skateboarding as my RL skating or my music. Art is art, expressing your creativity, doesn't really matter what your medium of choice is, does it? Not to me at least...

...what you said, pawn!!! dont see a real difference, between being good at fake skating or being a good violin player for example....its all about gettiing used to the "musical instrument" your playing and expessing yourself just doing it. as long as you like what you are doing, its all fine, i think...

personally, i wont care if someone brings out a great vid, that has all been filmed in easy mode but is a great watch....

i know how much time it took for me, an "old man", to get finally the results i was seeking for from the beginning (and im still learning) ...and im sure there will be incredible demo-vids just after demo-release................i will turn to hc mode and eat lots of concrete, just because i like it so much....its all my personal flavour...and i hope there will be lots of different flavs!!!!
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    . Art is art, expressing your creativity, doesn't really matter what your medium of choice is, does it? Not to me at least...
    Pawn . . . I think I love you.

Schnav, Gym, this game is something that we all love. There is no "too much love" unless you just lost your job because you can't turn the box off.

As long as we're all paying bills and holding down our personal lives, nobody can tell me what to do with my free time.

HC mode could be a divisive feature. I see it wrecking serious havoc at the kid's table and at skatethis.

What I hope, is that fluckit steers clear of any bullshit. These are the dudes, the men, this is the place.

If I see a full Bullet part set to mickey mouse music and it's in easy mode, I'm still going to watch it, and if it's sick, I'll give the man his proper dues.

We have to hold our selves to our own standards without holding anyone else to them.

I know a lot of us already put in work to get our tricks. I can't tell you how many times I've been chilling with Stevland, listening to him drink his way through 90 minutes of skinny to slanted skinny gap war.

For me, wallriding up the darkness started in Sept 2009, and when I got it I shit myself, and walked around town like a proud papi.

If HC gives me that feeling on every trick, I will love it and hate at the same time.

We have to hold our selves to our own standards without holding anyone else to them.

Fluckit unite.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Wink

Let me preface this by saying... I'm buzzing a bit right now.

I kind of thought there would be some issues around mixing clips and such. I mean I remember "the kids table" when Realistic vs. Non-Realistic came up and it was pretty harsh.

I can definitely see another war brewing between HC and Non-HC. In that light, I definitely side with Jack. To each their own, you know?

It's like.. every direction that one could choose to take.. has it's own merits and difficulties. I mean.. it's like Street vs. Tranny back in the late 90's early 2k. Everyone just needs to recognize that each have their merits n shit.

I can't say that I'll watch every vid of every style and all that. I'll definitely have a preference. But that doesn't mean I gotta hate on Smithy B because he doesn't ride my style. He's gonna do him, I'm gonna do me, and hopefully.. we can recognize that and be chill.

Hopefully what I'm saying here relates to the thread and isn't just me trippin off my drank.