Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default hardcore mode talk box...

two words...

grind collisions...

Richie x Jackson

Default hey

What do u mean by grind Collisions?

alright how i see it is.. hc is something we want 2 get out hands on and try cuz its all new and the physics seem like what we have all been asking for since s1...

ramble ramble...this doesnt seem very appealing 2 me yet...yeah grind collisions, smooth lock-ins...ect..
    but 2 me is this something im reallygonna want 2 play the whole time in skate?
    i mean im a person that doesnt take 2 change very well and this is a big change we will be taking on...come on we have played the same game for 2yrs and now its gonna change up on all?

i can see myself switching in and out of it....
    like if i want 2 make the trick look very unique and throw those aesthetics that hc will offer 2 us then...fucking do it..all the more power 2 make the trick look better...
    but do i really wanna spend all day on getting a trick when i can throw this beast back in normal and bang it out in hour or so? and probably look equally the same (minusdetalsthatIdontwannagetinto)...

ramble ramble...im just expressing from my views..
    everyone is different and everyspot is different...
    2 each his own....

1moreday....

nolan=40....

i'll play hc not matter what,

i've always wanted stuff to be hard, gonna be so sick takes ages to get lines with 5050 and 5-0s in haha it'll be awesome

I agree with what head said. Not for me personally (although hard to tell before I get my hands on it for sure) I am anticipating using nothing but HC mode. I try and manipulate current game this way now. Like if I am going to hit something that shutes me up, I croutch first and just release the right stick not flick it to ollie. even if its to do nothing. I just try and think ok in rl what would my body do before and after. Thats just the way I play the game. So I would rather spend a hour in hc mode to make a grind look legit than do it in 5 miutes in normal mode. When I see the final product I remember the feeling I got when I landed it, much like in rl. On top of that, I have tried just about everything I can think of with the curent game to get new creative stuff. Hell I have spent days trying to over crook, right handplant trigger, release button, just to get a double grind look good. I have yet to see a dble grind look good, sorry they just look shitty imo. Having a whole new set of options to exploit is by far the biggest thing I am looking forward to. I could sit here and ramble off 100 things I want to try, and with s2 it was more what new places I want to see/skate.
    I think it will mostly appeal to the ultra realistic crowd and the ultra creative crowd. Leaving a majority of the in between to use it a bunch at first, then less as time goes by.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

If I'm being really real with y'all, i'll have to see just how hard it is before making a decision. but i want to be able to say right now, i'ma do hardcore all the time.

i'm just gonna try and push myself. that's all i've really ever wanted to do with fake skating. besides having fun with friends. but video-wise, hardcore is going to be pushing the boundary past what s2 could offer.

i think with my "style," hardcore is just begging to be played. i'm not super-realistic, but i make a conscious effort not to be unrealistic. If i do go big, i try not to be over-the-top, and if i do something more realistic, i make sure it looks good. Hardcore will add that extra, intangible quality to my skating.
    Last edited by mamba12; 04-01-2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

one of the last satisfactions ive gained from normal s2 is wallrides...
    there a bitch but there possible...

i want to drive hardcore back through the same process as normal and s2...
    start with the basics and work enough to where it sec nature....

i always try to bridge gaps and create possibilities out of nothing...
    and in hc i think it will set me back more than the harder stuff i try now...
    which isnt really what i want but its what i nkow i will like about the effort...

like sg said..
    when i watch a s3 vid and i know its hc...
    i will feel great knowing i got it down right...

grind collisions...
    what happenes between the trucks and the games reaction to what trick your trying to do on a grind spine.....

It's just about how you want to play. Both ways are going to be legit and difficult in their own way.

I look at HC as an opportunity to skate realistically.. not to just make it look realistic. It's a way that hopefully it will take my full ability and timing to get a line like N krooks, BS Flip, Sw. Heel Nose. Whereas in normal mode the difficulty comes from intentionally limiting myself to make it look like it was hard to do.

That being said, there's obviously a lot of time and patience that goes into skating realistically as it is right now. It's just a different type of difficulty.

Grind collision is going to produce tons of new possibilities in terms of animations and trick combos. Its going to be insane; especially considering the new posture element.

as for thoughts on hardcore mode;
    In anticipation of s3, I played OG the other day for nostalgic purposes,..and everything seemed slightly more difficult; getting the right flip trick or grind took more concentration, pop out of grinds was much lower, I didnt find myself getting sucked into ledges and rails, etc.
    Im hoping s3's hardcore mode has a similar feel. It would really bring the attention of the gameplay back to basics and new styles would develop.

hardcore mode could give us more control over the skaters momentum because of the reduced grind spline suction--no more inability to do a trick because the game sends you at a nearby ledge. Granted, it will make certain things more difficult, like hitting a handrail perfectly, but at the same time you can hit it exactly where you want to, with patience and concentration--something that really doesnt happen all that well, or very frequently in s2.

I personally cant wait to play the game in hardcore mode. I really want to be able to fake-skate without fighting the game's tendency to help me during certain situations. Not to mention that damn 'auto-pump'.

xLuke

I'll skate hc mode constantly, I don't put out parts or anything because I don't see the point in putting in loads of effort to get about 10 views... I play skate because I like it and if hc mode means that the game will give me a new challenge then I'm all up for it

Quote Originally Posted by xLuke View Post
    I'll skate hc mode constantly, I don't put out parts or anything because I don't see the point in putting in loads of effort to get about 10 views... I play skate because I like it and if hc mode means that the game will give me a new challenge then I'm all up for it
    if you play the game and do cool stuff why not just film it. the editing is the smallest part of a video.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

xLuke

Quote Originally Posted by schnavolda View Post
    if you play the game and do cool stuff why not just film it. the editing is the smallest part of a video.
    oh i do, i had loads of clips on my old hdd a while back, i just dont see the point in making a vid if nobody watches it. when ive got some time to spare, i might put something together

Seeing the Light

Default Uhh... you don't pop any lower in hardcore mode.

I compared and contrasted--oh, wait, there is no contrast.
    All modes have the same pop height, I don't know what EA means by "it's harder..."
    All that's different is acceleration (top speed on flat remains the same) more bails and harder grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneKid View Post
    harder grinding.
    aka harder game

there is a huge diference in speed. on hardcore it makes u feel like ur driving with the handbrake on. also on easy there is only one "pop-height", so i dont know what u mean by there all the same.
    Last edited by blackhawk17; 04-18-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Seeing the Light

No, not top speed. It just takes longer to get to it. nd max pop height remains the same....

the max pop height is the same but u can control how high u want to pop by the flick u do. its not like theres only 1 pop height. i believe theres 7 all together on hardcore at least