Thread: Post your top 5 video's of skate 2

Default Post your top 5 video's of skate 2

Ok,so i said i was gonna do one of these threads and here it is,keep in mind plz that these are my top 5 picks for skate 2.There are a ton of video's in this community that deserve a ton of credit and respect,if i listed all of my favorite one's the list would be endless.If anything,this thread is a chance to watch some great video's without having to search.

my list goes like this....

1 ) ANIMAL MACHINE "Concrete Jungle"

Probably the most anticipated video in skate 2's history before it's release,and it doesnt dissapoint...not even for 1 second,my all time favorite skate 2 video.A wicked fast pace intro with some good comedy,actual animal machines,fast cut editing,and a real sence that you were in for a treat when the skaters parts would start.
    Greg's part...first time i had ever seen a curb cut to curb cut trick in a video...realisim,i also remember thinking what the hell just happend when he did his doublegrind 5-0 to blunt on the yellow highway barrier,never really liked the guy but credit where credit is due,the part was very good.
    Next up was Shady,what can be said about this guy and his part that hasnt already been said.His style has no limt,think about how old this video is and just look at the filming and tricks,it's still to this day an insane level of skill and style being displayed.This is the man responsable for a huge obsession i have with skate 2 "the double grind" smith tail @ dueling snakes,bs smith-tail-smith? WTF ! and the ender,mezmerized and drooling,i couldnt beleive there was still more to come.
    Next was a great section of some really wacky outtakes,at that point you probably needed a short break from the awesomeness of the intro and first 2 skaters.
    Next up,Winton,his backtail at the library followed by his halfcab filp blunt 180 near the parkade were killer,never saw a blunt stall quite like that one before,looked so real,and then i realized,the whole part follow's suit,every thing looked perfect and real.
    Next up-Slamooh,before i could even start the part i had to rewind his title screen,there it was again,a guesture treflip ground breaking stuff at the time.I remember being so stoked on his song it really fit well with the video and part.Nose slide firecracker...the first on purpose firecracker i had seen in skate 2 and i loved it.The whole part just ripped with tweak's everywhere,an inovater to be sure.
    Next up was amp,a mastermind at editing,the part had perfect flow,and the best 360's you will ever see,he is also responsable for my second obsession in skate 2-crooked grinds that actually look like crooked grinds,it took me forever to figure out how he was doing it,its all in the arm's my friends.
    This video is unparalled when it comes to a perfect mix of great filming,great editing and realistic skating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzSN...ext=1&index=13

2 ) dp54

I still watch this video like once a week at least,i still remember the hype building up to it's release.I still get this fuzzy feeling when i watch it,it just feels like a skate video.The intro was so cool and fresh,a bunch of good 'ol boys crusing the streets of san van.I remember robley's guesture no comply and how i had to rewind that part about 20 times to fully understand what had just happend.I think this may have been my first exposure to the style and filming that is "Demz" his style was so unique,rip your face off filming and a level of sketch i had never seen before,and i liked it.Then when TNO's part starts,i was just like...it's true,this guy is the greatest fake skater alive,the slide on his knees on que with the music will just be ingrained in my mind for ever."Meet the new boss....same as the old boss" couldnt be more true.One hell of an edit to say the least,great job stevland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEFFYl-XU0

3 ) "Some of this" -TNOfilms

This video is special to me because,its the first skate 2 video i ever saw,earlier that day i watched a few of his OG video's(first time watching fake skate video's)and this is the one that made me want to seek out this community and attempt to become a part of it.I never botherd in OG because skatereel didnt work for me.I cant beleive it didnt come to mind that people were probably making youtube video's of skate so skate 1 was just a very casual experience for me,to tell the truth i didnt really play it all that much.Skate 2 was already out before i ever watched an OG video.Back then TNO and the whole dp crew for that matter was larger than life as far as i was concerned and im happy to call them friends today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVq0T6_gPM

4 ) "EATTHERICH" -SPEEDCOCKERFILMS

Ok,i might be critisized for posting this as one of my all time favorite skate 2 video's but i dont care.It's just such a different and fresh approach to producing a skate 2 video and i just think its awesome.The skating isnt really all that great but again,it's just so different that it makes my list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d36FTz1-77E

5 ) 1954: i dont wanna play this game anymore...

This one is new,but this truly is a brutal assault on your sences,what better way to close out skate 2 than a 54 full length 2 weeks before the s3 demo.Should have been called "i dont need to play this game anymore"
    because,well,they just dropped a megaton nuke on NSV.

BEAST MODE- OFF-[ON]

http://www.wegame.com/watch/i-dont-w...-game-anymore/

I hope you enjoyed reading this and watching some of these video's.Skate 2 was a fun ride and i cant wait to see what people do with skate 3 and all of its creative possibilities.

See you there !!

Please feel free to post your top 5 video's of skate 2,and even a little background of why these video's make it into your top 5.
    Last edited by SupaFly; 04-04-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Fucking Psychonaut's taking over. We're like the Death Row Records of fake skateboarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    So... We all agree, fuck Psychonaut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Giving it thumbs down would be soooo obliviously obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    You are one of the few who only have good clips and I often have to concentrate and rewatch clips to realize just how fucking crazy they all are.

.:: Psychonaut ::.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychonautArchives

man, I had forgotten how good Concrete Jungle is. That has to be the record for longest intro; its a good thing though, because amp's editing is spotless.

dp54....
    concrete jungle...
    same as it never was....
    sky 1....

all fake skate videos that remind me of exactly what i want to see in a real skate video...
    balanced...
    creative...
    raw....
    all with a nice edit to match....

dp54...

first you have my first favorite team form skate...
    a mix of some of the best thumbs in the community...
    on top of that you have stevland on the edit..
    now im not sure it most of you know but like the bullet mr stevland edit tv shit as his job...
    during our callab meeting i always felt real bad knowing he had to edit 20 dudes footy....
    so i asked if i could show him a idea for the intro...
    im not sure if he understood what exactly i was going to do but he allowed me to get the intro shots i needed and was whiling to see the idea...
    not only didi he enjoy it but he allowed it in the final product..
    to me...
    this is one of the only times in skate where i felt like i contributed something special to a project...
    id always have a part and id arrange some 54 intros but this is a true sense of collaboration...
    its our full teams together with the bosses coming together collectively on a final product...
    after everyone commented such great things it became apparent that what we did worked...
    the film is nothing without stevlands edit..
    but i can safly say that its one of my favorite intro projects ive ever done..
    and its even more special doing it with my fav team and getting suck a great reaction...

i still wear my dp54 hoody and shirt all the time...

concrete jungle...

was the difference between me understand why people skate in a realism manner and how powerful it could be if done right....

any comment about the edit is a understatement...
    it is immaculate...

same as it never was...

i enjoy my part still...
    kush 6 min of rain....
    robley came with the hardest foreshadow of fire ive ever seen...
    anchors my boy had one of the rawest parts yet in the fake skate world..
    arguably still...
    eb was there too...
    a great mix of fun and in your face bloody splatter i can enjoy...

sky 1...

after a years worth of me trying to explain what kind of style could be had with this game..
    psychonaut came in and told everyone that this is a style and its fun and its going to look good...

psychonaut is one of the best things to happen to me with ea skate since 1954...
    ive learned alot..
    they push me..
    and they back me up...
    support your homies was an idea i gained from my time when psyco was being born......

can not thank robley and psychonaut enough for there friendship and support...

Banned

Every video demz is in flows like a good rap song.

demz you sweetheart. you're the mel gibson/danny glover to my mel gibson/danny glover.

my tops, in no particular order, are

concrete jungle, realism at it's best
    same as it never was, my first team experience and so much fun.
    monomyth, which i know doesn't count but hey we came out strong.
    hostile video
    DP54 would be sick as shit even if i had nothing to do with it.

and last but not least

195TOUR
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

1 - Dangermare. As far as I'm concerned Anchors changed fake skate with this vid. It's the only solo that I've continued to go back and watch over and over and over again. I swear to god, ever long lens I've ever done was inspired by Dangermare. Anchors, life is like a box of retards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyR_sK59Yvg

2 - I Hate DP. After nearly 2.5 years this was my first full length on my first team. What more need be said.

3 - 195War. This is the best full length. I got to give it the full review in Cuz's blog. Sept. 10th. Only time I've actually edited a review. Demz part is still a total mindfuck. 6 months later I still see people cribbing from his part. Also, this is the first time I said "holy crap! Skatehead is a beast."

4 - Robley's "running wild in the streets I"m high on acid" video, can't remember the name of it, cut together with some "breaking news type shit" best sense of humor goes to Robley.

5 - My collabo with Bullet, for one single reason. The triple header ender clip in the combi bowl with Robley, Bullet and I. Still my single favorite Skate clip of all time.

6 - (shut up, I get six because I say so) Meatloaf. Got to hang with a anders and demz and robley and clay and everyone while demz filmed us and then edited the video and put it up on the forums the very same day. This is my favorite community moment. It was the culmination of everything that should be possible in a community like this.

7- (bite me) Photo Lab. nobody remembers it so doesn't matter. Don't look for it, you won't find it.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

It made the most sense to me to make my top 5 some of the most influential for me when I was starting to get into this game/community, cause are still the ones that stick out the most in my mind, even though most of them are 1 year old.

#1. Robley: "Eat my Shorts."
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/eat_robleys_shorts/

Funny how my favorite part of all time is a leftover part, but I'd never seen anything like it. The song, the edit, tricks selection, the sketchiness, the filming. I had no idea who this guy was, but i saw his short shorts, black socks, and leg tattoo's and thought to myself "whoever this guy is, he kicks so much ass." It was the first video that I saw that made me say, "that's it, I'm getting xbox live so I can start using skatereel and make some of these videos." So basically, I credit this video for me getting into this whole "scene". Naturally, you can imagine how psyched I was when he asked me to be on his new team he was starting up.

#2. 1954: "same as it ever was" (especially Anchors part)
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/1954_SAME_AS_IT_NEVER_WAS/
    Yeah, that intro, those dudes standing there looking all badass. It was the first thing I'd seen from 1954 (aside from robleys shorts vid). Right away you could tell that these were grown ass men and not a bunch of teenagers who until this, I assumed where the only ones making these videos. Anchors part fully blew me away. The power and aggression was such an influence. Anchors became a celebrity in my eyes, first time I ever chatted with him over live I was all nervous and stuff. I think I watched his part every day for about a month. So glad to be associated with this team. Can't imagine what this community would be like without them.

#3. Eflixxx: "solo #2"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIEBIlkawvY
    This song, THIS SONG, wow, best song ever used in my opinion. Edit was perfect. His filming, tricks and spots were so amazing and ahead of it's time. I thought this guy was untouchable. The first few solos I put out, which were pretty shitty, eflixxx was one of the only guys to comment on them, and I couldn't believe it. I remember calling my wife over and was like "this guy, who's basically the best ever at this game, said he liked my solo!!!" My wife, of course, thought I was the biggest loser ever, but I didn't care, haha. Yeah, this solo is kicks ass.

#4. Couch: "Lay or Die (Part 1)"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3lUxBMzG8
    The first skate1 video I ever saw was from corey webseter cause he posted it on the slap boards, which i hang out on quite a bit. They were so good. He's still one of my favorites. He'd been telling me about his new team and video he was working on for a while, so I was pretty hyped for it. His part, was pretty ahead of it's time. And Torfinho's part, was another one of those fast aggressive parts that just got my juices goin.

#5 Strangers 2
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/Stranger...the_Sky_Vol_2/
    This one is in my eyes, still the best "community" videos ever made. And it also meant a lot to me cause it was my sort of acceptance into this community I was so wanting to be apart of. Also, eflixxx's part, again, crazy, and it was i think most peoples introduction to heshfield. Demzilla's stuff in this is insane too. And it was the first time I'd seen anchors throw down landing animation. Which for the longest time i refused to ever use because "no way man, that's anchors thing, I can't touch that. He's the man"

Oh wow, this is the hardest I've thought on spring break. No particular order, and no solos because I can't remember any of those except for a few(best humour goes to robley's breaking news like Jack said)

iNH full-So much fun making that, we waited a month for footy that was already in, and we drop it to get screwed by Unorthodox. But every moment was enjoyable, and I love the team, even though half of that full are still active or on the team today.

Unorthodox-Holy balls. Like...holy balls. SOUTH. Nuff said.

Concrete Jungle-6AM coming soon!!!!!!!!! The intro alone felt epic, especially with that song and amp's treflip-nose on the bleachers at the end which I've never gotten in hours of attempts. So polished, and skating that blew minds. I think I just found the forums and I read Cuz's blog and he was talking about "Finally Concrete Jungle is here" and I'm like "What's that? DLC?"

195WAR-So much hype around that one, I remember back in my retard on the forum days where Demz was talking about it weeks in advance, and it just had such a feeling to it. 54 has style coming out of every dickhole in their bodies. Best ever soundtrack too.

The Early Bird-Instinct makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and gooey and shit inside. I love the teams and alot of their members, and I wish I had skate2 for my ps3 so I could hang with them. They are just so good at what they do and giving a feel for it, really entertaining you with their vids. That and iRip ravages shit.

Ok number 6 whatever nobody cares MONOMYTH-Watched this again today, such a high quality and so much care put into making it awesome, no filler, no bullshit, hardcore, different, stylish, everything, and that's what seperates Psycho from everyone else. That's why you remember one vid among thousands.
    Last edited by PyR0MaNiAc225; 04-05-2010 at 08:27 PM.
    EzPzLemnSqueezy http://www.youtube.com/user/EzPzLemnSqueezy Fuck

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

ef aye wash tis gain ten I no tinker moar. then sreepy teim 4evrr.

i won't post any videos i participated in because it's kinda obvious that i like them very much. i watched way too many solos to remember them all, so to not hurt someones feelings i'll only stick to team videos.

in no particular order:
    1954 - i dont wanna play this game anymore
    animal machine - concrete jungle
    rip city - simplicity
    psychonaut - further
    catface - meow

this list makes me sad because i know i would want to name at least 10 more videos. it's just incredible to see how much love this game got over the last year, how much effort people put into making videos and what amazing videos saw the light of day and pushed the whole community further in terms of skating, filming and editing. it may seem strange, but i never was this proud before to be a part of a particular game's community than i am now.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

I want to mention so many more than 5...

195WAR
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/195WAR/

So anticipated and so incredibly well done by all of the participants... Demz part is still one of the absolutely sickest, wildest and most skillful displays of using skate 2 to express yourself I've encountered.

Monomyth
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/psychonaut_monomyth/

I still remember the psychonaut introduction video Robley put out before releasing the full video; Bullet doing one of the most memorable ungrindables of all time (http://www.wegame.com/watch/introducting_psychonaut/ at 1:16)

and then came the full length... Don't know what to say really, it was just blowing my mind constantly during the entire video. Huge influence on my own style, too. Thank you.

I hate DP
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/i-hate-dp/

I loved I love DP but I hated I hate DP even more... Stevland behind the edit is instant win and with a team like DP it was plain awesome.

FLESHYBONEZ 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6lEGKyPuY

Well... Every clip is worth rewinding atleast 3 times. Go figure. My favourite skate 2 solo.

Welcome to Knexland
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwDg2gPJ7to

Might seem like a dick move, but I've watched this video more than any other skate 2 video. Stevland's edit still makes me shiver at times. So incredibly well made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

well this list has no order so no crying

Concrete Jungle-Animal Machine: damn this vid represents exactly what so many people try and fail to do in their videos..have fun and playing realistically. people are still talking bout this damn video!

Same as it never was-1954: wowser bowser the names alone are a selling point. its still hands down my favorite 54 vid and it was the launch of a fake skating movement.

Monomyth-Psychonaut: man this was and still is an amazing video like honestly this video was better than some real videos and it was made by some of the best

The Hostile video: from magic actually having a part to the intro of southie and all the skilled surprises from the rest of the crew at circle H this vid is just plain fun.

DP54- a film so good there was merchandise amazing skating from 2 monsters of the game flantastic
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1.1954 1st duece:
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/1954_1st_duece/
    such a fun watch, really set the tone for S2. First S2 vid that had a feal to it.

2. OATS 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCJk0...eature=related
    OATS 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3PeG...eature=related
    OATS 6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSqIh...eature=related
    Hard to pick a favorite OATS vid for me and I don't want to take up all 5 slots with it. So I will list my fav 3 OATS. Besides me and Pawn will be the only ones listing OATS with all the 1954/dp/naut pole smoking over here at fluckit

3. 1954 I don't wanna play this game anymore
    So Good from start to finish, really creative and original

4. Phsyconaut further
    http://www.vimeo.com/10247642
    Cams, Edit, everything is enjoyable about this team

5. DP Ambivalence
    http://www.wegame.com/watch/ambivalence/
    For the sole sake of a couple clips that were just that good to put the whole thing in my top 5

OK so most of mine just came out, not sure if it really is that way or they are fresh in my mind, but so be it.

Edit: 6. Friday fluckit vid
    Www.idontknow.web.com
    Delete dp's if i cant have 6, sorry fellas
    Last edited by thesignguy; 04-05-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Default catba

no order fck it there way more than 5 too

same as it never was... best thing ever

dangit damnit darnit Welcome bullet

robleys pcp meth video news report flatground laser flip

eflixxx clearance <3

fuck... so many good vids... idonno.. bullets hold the chiken !!!

therres so many more good vids...

thanks knex for liking my solo haha
    Last edited by skelli_bonez; 04-05-2010 at 09:01 PM.
    I don't do drugs, I am drugs - dali

dp54
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH5GcBIZQzY

yes, it's like jerking off in front of the mirror. but this is basically the only "work" i've done for skate 2 where i am 110% satisfied with the outcome. it was an all the way through awesome experience from meeting at the UN building with demz to negotiate, all the way up to falling asleep at 4 in the morning after a messed up upload.
    it's one of the few things i regularly go back to and watch.
    since everyone knows it already, i post a link to the trailer i did for tno's profile.

fleshy bonez 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6lEGKyPuY

i love skelly. he thinks outside the box and puts a lot of time in his tricks and the edit. the result is always a pleasure. so is this one. döner time.

eflixxx DP solo #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIEBIlkawvY

fantastic song, fantastic skating, fantastic ender.

i don't wanna play this game anymore - 1954

especially this close to S3 this is the hotttest shit out since mercury. best full, best soundtrack. period.

skate or die trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpKeRV1K00g

this is the bible. filming, editing, music, everything is way beyond anyone else.

thanks for all the mentions.

Cant put them in order...

FLESHYBONEZ 2-
    Skelly is an animal. One of my favourite solos ever. Love his landings.

I HATE DP-
    No explanation needed it was perfect.

CONCRETE JUNGLE-
    As far as realism goes this is the top of the pile. Fantastic. Entertaing throughout. Never boring.

195WAR-
    Amazing. I love 1954. They're the reason that every clip on my reel at the moment either has me hitting mr blue or mr blue is cast to the side in the background. I drag him everywhere i go haha

MONOMYTH-
    Psychonaut are just plain crazy absolutely in love with the team. And the guys who have come onto the team since monomyth are just as sick. Further is on the same level as this.

I know im pretty new around here and some of these videos were actually out befoe i even discovered the community!... but they still really affected (effected?) the way that i play the game.

Can i please have a number 6...
    I'm gonna take one anyway...

SUPAFLY - BAD ONE
    Amazing solo. Oozing with supas great style. Double grind craziness as usual but so much more to it too. Great stuff.
    Jack
    "Is that a baby carrot in your pocket are you just packing lunch for your vegetarian wife?"