Thread: Post your top 5 video's of skate 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Post your top 5 video's of skate 2

Ok,so i said i was gonna do one of these threads and here it is,keep in mind plz that these are my top 5 picks for skate 2.There are a ton of video's in this community that deserve a ton of credit and respect,if i listed all of my favorite one's the list would be endless.If anything,this thread is a chance to watch some great video's without having to search.

my list goes like this....

1 ) ANIMAL MACHINE "Concrete Jungle"

Probably the most anticipated video in skate 2's history before it's release,and it doesnt dissapoint...not even for 1 second,my all time favorite skate 2 video.A wicked fast pace intro with some good comedy,actual animal machines,fast cut editing,and a real sence that you were in for a treat when the skaters parts would start.
    Greg's part...first time i had ever seen a curb cut to curb cut trick in a video...realisim,i also remember thinking what the hell just happend when he did his doublegrind 5-0 to blunt on the yellow highway barrier,never really liked the guy but credit where credit is due,the part was very good.
    Next up was Shady,what can be said about this guy and his part that hasnt already been said.His style has no limt,think about how old this video is and just look at the filming and tricks,it's still to this day an insane level of skill and style being displayed.This is the man responsable for a huge obsession i have with skate 2 "the double grind" smith tail @ dueling snakes,bs smith-tail-smith? WTF ! and the ender,mezmerized and drooling,i couldnt beleive there was still more to come.
    Next was a great section of some really wacky outtakes,at that point you probably needed a short break from the awesomeness of the intro and first 2 skaters.
    Next up,Winton,his backtail at the library followed by his halfcab filp blunt 180 near the parkade were killer,never saw a blunt stall quite like that one before,looked so real,and then i realized,the whole part follow's suit,every thing looked perfect and real.
    Next up-Slamooh,before i could even start the part i had to rewind his title screen,there it was again,a guesture treflip ground breaking stuff at the time.I remember being so stoked on his song it really fit well with the video and part.Nose slide firecracker...the first on purpose firecracker i had seen in skate 2 and i loved it.The whole part just ripped with tweak's everywhere,an inovater to be sure.
    Next up was amp,a mastermind at editing,the part had perfect flow,and the best 360's you will ever see,he is also responsable for my second obsession in skate 2-crooked grinds that actually look like crooked grinds,it took me forever to figure out how he was doing it,its all in the arm's my friends.
    This video is unparalled when it comes to a perfect mix of great filming,great editing and realistic skating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZzSN...ext=1&index=13

2 ) dp54

I still watch this video like once a week at least,i still remember the hype building up to it's release.I still get this fuzzy feeling when i watch it,it just feels like a skate video.The intro was so cool and fresh,a bunch of good 'ol boys crusing the streets of san van.I remember robley's guesture no comply and how i had to rewind that part about 20 times to fully understand what had just happend.I think this may have been my first exposure to the style and filming that is "Demz" his style was so unique,rip your face off filming and a level of sketch i had never seen before,and i liked it.Then when TNO's part starts,i was just like...it's true,this guy is the greatest fake skater alive,the slide on his knees on que with the music will just be ingrained in my mind for ever."Meet the new boss....same as the old boss" couldnt be more true.One hell of an edit to say the least,great job stevland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEFFYl-XU0

3 ) "Some of this" -TNOfilms

This video is special to me because,its the first skate 2 video i ever saw,earlier that day i watched a few of his OG video's(first time watching fake skate video's)and this is the one that made me want to seek out this community and attempt to become a part of it.I never botherd in OG because skatereel didnt work for me.I cant beleive it didnt come to mind that people were probably making youtube video's of skate so skate 1 was just a very casual experience for me,to tell the truth i didnt really play it all that much.Skate 2 was already out before i ever watched an OG video.Back then TNO and the whole dp crew for that matter was larger than life as far as i was concerned and im happy to call them friends today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVq0T6_gPM

4 ) "EATTHERICH" -SPEEDCOCKERFILMS

Ok,i might be critisized for posting this as one of my all time favorite skate 2 video's but i dont care.It's just such a different and fresh approach to producing a skate 2 video and i just think its awesome.The skating isnt really all that great but again,it's just so different that it makes my list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d36FTz1-77E

5 ) 1954: i dont wanna play this game anymore...

This one is new,but this truly is a brutal assault on your sences,what better way to close out skate 2 than a 54 full length 2 weeks before the s3 demo.Should have been called "i dont need to play this game anymore"
    because,well,they just dropped a megaton nuke on NSV.

BEAST MODE- OFF-[ON]

http://www.wegame.com/watch/i-dont-w...-game-anymore/

I hope you enjoyed reading this and watching some of these video's.Skate 2 was a fun ride and i cant wait to see what people do with skate 3 and all of its creative possibilities.

See you there !!

Please feel free to post your top 5 video's of skate 2,and even a little background of why these video's make it into your top 5.
    Last edited by SupaFly; 04-04-2010 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Fucking Psychonaut's taking over. We're like the Death Row Records of fake skateboarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    So... We all agree, fuck Psychonaut?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    Giving it thumbs down would be soooo obliviously obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    You are one of the few who only have good clips and I often have to concentrate and rewatch clips to realize just how fucking crazy they all are.

.:: Psychonaut ::.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PsychonautArchives