Thread: SG's GC review

Default SG's GC review

124 layer limit
    assets is a nice feature, but.... adds layers IE 10% graphic, make asset, bring back its like 12%, and it is smaller than original save
    no full board graphics or template, although preview feature is very nice
    grid lines are good, although prob not used by me, but i can see how they would be very helpful
    shapes are nice, slider bar kinda hard to see
    logos, i cant see how to change color
    text, nice fonts some new some same, maybe 1 or 2 more? cant stamp text, not terible because old stamp text was janky anyway
    zoom is very nice adition
    send forward backward, front back very needed
    group is much needed, use scale window for multiples, or hold shift ket for individual

all in all some much needed tools, 124 layer limit is kind of sad, I hope with in game manipulation I can layer gc's to create what I want. No full board preview is frustrating as well, we will need to scale in the top and bottom of our gc's to then blow them up over entire board.
    jury is still out on my end. Little dissapointed, but we will wait and see. All of the things we did get I pretty much expected, some of the things i had hoped for are not there

will add to this with more time
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

I had a brief play with it and I'm still clueless. Oh well. Shame they haven't added much in the way of simple shapes, looks like it's mostly the same stuff. Lot of needless EA shapes in there, like the Dragon Age logo and dragon shape. Hm.

I really don't think I'll be getting much out of it, apart from the odd shape here and there. Might go back to it at some point and give it a more concerted effort but for now, it's not going to benefit me.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

zoom feature was a bit weak imo

i see it helps with lining up details, but when it comes to resizing/moving tiny pieces... the adjustment grips (where you grab to stretch rotate etc) don't get smaller... so it's still difficult to... for example lengthen a narrow rectangle.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

have you noticed when resizing an object, if you use the corner markers to expand, it does not always expand the full object. Sometimes it expands horizontally, sometimes vertically, and sometimes if you move the mouse just right, it does what you want and expand the full object (both vertically & horizontally).

Also noticed that sometimes when you have a bunch of layers just right on top of each other just the way you want. Then try and group those together and move, it changes how the layers are stacked on each other. Had this happen a few times so far.

I have yet to really test anything though, but I think I'm going to like this one a bit better.