Thread: Giving up on S3 already...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PC is without a doubt the worst of the 3 cities. At least if you're into realism, which I am.

PC offers some different flavors, but for the most part, it's all just overly scaled gigantic theme park areas. PC feels more like Tony Hawk than ever. Every area you skate is the size of a 16 lane super highway.

It's funny cause I was always a little pissed about S1 and S2's lack of good banks, or banks that you can grind at the top of or banks with ledges built midway, and S3 has beaten that horse to death, reanimated it, then beat it to death about four more times.

The entire city is full of banks and banks with ledges on them. Every single area you skate has a bank now. It's almost stupid. I have yet to find a small, intimate spot like you could find on S2. I mean, remember the hidden loading dock spot from New San Van? There seems to be little to nothing like that.

Every spot you skate feels like a skate park or a skate plaza. Nothing feels like a city anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the franchise and will play S3 as much as I played S2, and I'm sure Skate 4's city will be even more of a Tony Hawk Rollercoaster World than Skate 3, but I'm disappointed in the direction.
    I wanna be the life of the search party.

This seems like an important discussion. I'm not bored with the city yet because I know I have not completely explored it completely, but there's some shit wrong with it. Object dropper is handicapped, I've completely frozen my xbox after creating a setup in the city maybe 10 or 11 times. None of the other Skates ever froze my xbox completely.

Some of the things we asked for are packed in though. I think we should wait for the patch before we give up. As it is, I've already made some shit happen that simply was not possible in skate 1 and Skate 2.

I'm not going to skate feverishly, but I'll skate steadily. I'll tell you this, access to roofs, plus roofs actually having respectable physicality, plus the new speed glitch, means people who like death defying gaps won't get bored anytime soon.

I found a massive roof to roof gap with a funky landing that's just barely possible that I spent over an hour mastering and I never felt bored.

And, anyone who wants to add me online is welcome to it. I'm pretty low key, just don't be a yappy 12 year old racist and we'll be good.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And, anyone who wants to add me online is welcome to it. I'm pretty low key, just don't be a yappy 12 year old racist and we'll be good.
    Ahhh... fuck... guess we can't be friends...

Totally agree with you though - the city is big and needs exploring. And you can't give up until a patch comes out...

Right now it's about finding a nice little spot (like that roof gap you mentioned) and just skating the fuck out of it until you need to move on. There's lots of little spots to be found. They're just hidden amongst the 45 stair sets, three story high banks, and ledges that look like houses... hahah

I just hope that the patch fixes the CAP framerate problem. So many good parks but skating them feels so sluggish and tedious...

Still love the game though. Just have to make it your own and have fun the way you want to have fun. People obsessing over the little problems need to just cool off a little...
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    I just hope that the patch fixes the CAP framerate problem. So many good parks but skating them feels so sluggish and tedious...
    qft