Thread: Fakie help

Seeing the Light GreatWhiteAfro's Avatar

Default Fakie help

How do I skate fakie in the game, I'm regular footed, and have only been able to skate fakie while on a vert ramp or in a bowel. Would love to pull some tricks off fakie but can't figure it out!

Quote Originally Posted by heshfield View Post
    Thanks. That will help, but you can only go fakie from doing a 180? That sucks!

Ohh had another question!!

I'm trying to do a short montage, of a CAP remake of El Toro. I can't hit the rail near the top cause of the steepness of the stairs, any tips or suggetions?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteAfro View Post
    Ohh had another question!!

I'm trying to do a short montage, of a CAP remake of El Toro. I can't hit the rail near the top cause of the steepness of the stairs, any tips or suggetions?
    If your on hardcore, set a session marker really close, that way you only have two pushes to get in before you ollie. And if your having difficulty, just remember there are people breaking their faces doing half the stuff you did irl

Quote Originally Posted by rockerboy1013 View Post
    If your on hardcore, set a session marker really close, that way you only have two pushes to get in before you ollie. And if your having difficulty, just remember there are people breaking their faces doing half the stuff you did irl
    NO kidding, I was watching some good footage on Youtube of El Toro. So less speed will work better, gotcha, gonna give that a try. I've never used the session marker is that the same as your place marker? I am seriously a newb, this is the first skate game I have ever played.

Banned

The session marker is where you press LB (or L1 if youre PS3) and press down on the d-pad

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

the session marker is what makes this game the greatest game ever. I was at my buddy's apt yesterday and he didn't use the session marker at all and it was painful to watch lol
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    the session marker is what makes this game the greatest game ever. I was at my buddy's apt yesterday and he didn't use the session marker at all and it was painful to watch lol
    I play skate so much more than any other game that I try to go back to my session marker in other games. Something will go wrong in GTA and I'll kill a hooker with the wrong gun or something and try to go back to my session marker to redo it.

Banned

Yesterday I was skating this spot IRL and i kept having to go up a hill to hit it. The words "session marker" were there in my head all day

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Yesterday I was skating this spot IRL and i kept having to go up a hill to hit it. The words "session marker" were there in my head all day
    haha i think this all the time... "what if i had a session marker IRL... i wouldn't have to skate all the way back
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

You can also go fakie/switch from a powerslide.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    I play skate so much more than any other game that I try to go back to my session marker in other games. Something will go wrong in GTA and I'll kill a hooker with the wrong gun or something and try to go back to my session marker to redo it.
    You dont even know how many times Ive done this same thing. Doesnt seem to matter what game it is either; its completely second nature now.

Many times Ive also wished for a session marker in real-life too.

Banned

youy could hippy jump and do a 18 mid air

youy could hippy jump and do a 18 mid air
    I find that doing a tiny hippie (just tapping the buttons) makes for a super quick 180 to fakie.

lunchmeat

Reverts work as well. I'm a big fan of barely popping an ollie and doing a quick 180, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    hahah me too, soo many times.
    every game should have session markers
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Serg The 45kal

Quote Originally Posted by heshfield View Post
    couldn't explain it no better than this but to actually tell that ur skating 'fakie' or 'switch' it should show up on the lil trick thing-amgig in the bottom left hand corn that tells you what trick you pulled off. it's gonna be on the side of the round circle. hope this helped as much as the vid did. holla