Thread: Roccityroller - "Back At It"

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Default Roccityroller - "Back At It"

Uploading finally is functioning properly for me so here's my first real solo of S3. Feels good to be able to film again.

Commence hating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenpGozRaTc

Germany, lemme know if you can't see this.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

Germans can, thanks haha

Said it on youtube (sicbrick), liked the tricks and the nice CAPs but the editing...not hateing on the song, because that's a metter of taste, just feel like you could have timed the landings for example better to the beat, you know what I mean?
    Still liked it, it's solid

That was seriously sick !

I think there some of the best smoothest cams i have seen !

Line at 0.51 watch over and over

fakie tre tail

Roc completley smashing it - songs beast

Utterly killed it
    This is my skateboard. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My board is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my board is useless. Without my board, I am useless.

thanks for the comments guys, had a bunch of fun filming this one.

cookie... yea the edit may be a lil messy, but maybe that was the intention? nanana... watch it again and try to pay attn to the lyrics and i think you may like it a bit better

amp... thanks dude, really glad you liked the cams, been trying new things lately, i think i like em too.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

song i liked..

bigflip looked nice
    loved the first line at maloof
    that gap off the hubba looked sick. i dont have maloof but shit looks good..
    double grinds? hell yeah. one with the popless..
    crail looked sick
    Reeaal nice ghetto spot line...damn. might have been better without the flip in, but still beautiful

youve gotten better....

i don't know if i should be glad your on hex, or throw you off because youre a threat..

Banned

Song i hated

A lot of tre flips this time, sometimes two in 1 one line? Really doesn't give the trick value.

I think you could've made a much better selection out of those clips...

I think the intense pushing fucked a lot of tricks up. Especially in the clips where you could see the skater push right before it hits a ramp.

You faded out some of your tricks...

Like your private park part better... this felt like a... decline.

^ lol.

pace was good.
    tweak stale.

the end.

impressive as always..
    filming for days....

an dim pretty sure i just shit my pants on a back lip op to disaster stall...

i think thats what happen...
    heads still spinning....

hahaha yeah roc skating up my park!!! hahaha

sorry. review in a minute... lol
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

song I'm ok with... not loving but not hating. felt like your edit to it was fine though... didn't seem to off to me, and I usually like everything on beat...

high lights:

1:34 huge kf out of huge ledge smith
    1:45 looooong line! smooth cams.
    2:17 shennnnaaannnigaaans!
    2:33 fakie biggerspin to 5-0
    2:50 disaster!!!
    3:14 loved the cam on this hurra. still cams look so crispy in HD
    3:35 shifty ass nollie inward
    ender line was a great finish.

enjoyed this one a lot.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

thanks for the comments guys! glad MOST people are liking it.

Noodle, I'm sorry you couldn't find an ounce of enjoyment out of it. Too bad. Maybe i'll make my next video to your taste so you'll be happy, probably not tho. I do appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment tho.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post

Noodle, I'm sorry you couldn't find an ounce of enjoyment out of it. Too bad. Maybe i'll make my next video to your taste so you'll be happy, probably not tho.

Another one of those posts lol.

Just wondering, did you ever consider taking this feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Another one of those posts lol.

Just wondering, did you ever consider taking this feedback?
    actually i do. I take all criticism/feedback into consideration when i skate. but yours is about such minute issues (imo).

I push "intensely" because i like to go fast and a lot of the stuff i'm trying requires the speed. HCM doesn't carry speed well so gaining speed is imp. so that's probably not going to change. i'm sorry it bothers you so.

one of those posts? all i said was i was sorry you didn't enjoy it at all. The next one probably isn't going to be much better. I'm tired of trying to skate to the community's idea of what's supposed to be "good". Its not fun for me that way, and if its not fun, what's the point. Sorry if me not wanting to fit in makes me a bad fake skater.

I'm really not trying to sound defensive here. Just sayin' that other than maybe the trick selection, which i'll give you might've been sub par, the other details you mentioned probably aren't going to get "fixed".
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

Okay

Nah it's like, this week at I had 5 replies that were exactly the same

Thx for responding so quickly, just wanted to know how you felt on those points I mentioned.

Some cool stuff in there Roc. Song was a little too serious for skating in my opinion. I hate the songs where he just whines about shit. Some cool cams in there though too, some of the lines at Maloof made the place look more fun than it is. Gap to street from the hubba was cool.

You did cut off the landing on a line though when you did that fs flip to the street in the suburbs and the grind on the tranny/ledge thing at 2nd and Navy was a little sloppy and wobbly in a weird way. Just being straight up with you man, don't take it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
    Some cool stuff in there Roc. Song was a little too serious for skating in my opinion. I hate the songs where he just whines about shit. Some cool cams in there though too, some of the lines at Maloof made the place look more fun than it is. Gap to street from the hubba was cool.

You did cut off the landing on a line though when you did that fs flip to the street in the suburbs and the grind on the tranny/ledge thing at 2nd and Navy was a little sloppy and wobbly in a weird way. Just being straight up with you man, don't take it too seriously.

I appreciate honesty. Everyone's criticism is warranted, the edit may have been rushed, i was just happy to finally be able to upload enough to use a whole song.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

I didnt like the song but thats eminem's fault..or mine, i guess. Either way that was good skating and smooth filming; tweaked stale, fence cam on the varialheel 5-0, line on the ledge..nice use of maloof.

really enjoyed that
    -i really enjoy that song, however im not sure it worked really as well as a song a bit faster could of worked, but then again, i dont know shit
    - some sick tricks in here, really liked the lip up into disater, that was sick.
    cams were absolutley flawless, makes me jealous....

overall i give it 4/5 two thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sk8cdt View Post
    overall i give it 4/5 two thumbs up
    that's 1.6 thumbs! fuck yeah!

lol

Im really happy to see all the comments about the cams, i've been paying attn more and trying new things and i'm happy that it's working.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

G Ryin

i totally agree with horse about you "making maloof look more fun than it really is." i always forget i can just drop shit wherever.

the last line at the ghetto spot was the truth, man.

Lines for Miles!!!!! Really loved everything from about 2:30 until the end but all the rest was really good too Roc. Those 2 double grinds back to back were just so dope.

You have come a long way with your filming and it shows... really nice double shots and creative setups throughout. I can tell you have put a lot of work into your filming and thinking out the lines and how they will look while filmed while sessioning and it paid off! I swear it feels like you pump out 1 video per day... nice

I really liked this vid. I felt like the song was sort of a statement putting the skate community on notice so-to-speak (like Em was putting Hip Hop on notice). That's the vibe I got with the song and the non-skating clips mixed in.

I really liked the trick selection as well. It seemed like most of your vid you focused on fun first and technical trickery last, which I enjoy. It seems like most of the community puts more focus on trick variations that are more intricate and hard rather than fun and stylish and this vid was a refreshing change from that imo.

Disclaimer: I'm not knocking people who skate differently, just expressing how and why I liked this vid so much.

Seeing the Light GreatWhiteAfro's Avatar

I've watched it twice, and coulda swore I commented right after Horsehead..but whatever.

Sick man, sick..really liked it. Double grinds were bomb,and the disaster we so slick!!

Amateur Flucker

roc has completely killed it in every video i've seen, i'm really diggin the song too.
    nollie tre backtail was sick. wish i had the double grinds like you do

Stopped Pushing Mongo queencityskater's Avatar

Thumbs up

good
    GT is [AlienLURKshop] ADD IT

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/nailsu2?feature=mhum[/]

Primary - noFuture
    secondary - (N/A)