Thread: MC_BTay's solos

Amateur Flucker

Default MC_BTay's solos

as i said in my post in the intro section, i only gained interest in making solos since skate 3 came out. i posted these on the EA forums and got only one maybe two comments about them. i would love to skate for some of the teams i've seen, but more importantly i'd like to get some feedback and see what you guys think. all skating is in hardcore and done by me as well as the editing.

First Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32txYDxTU0
    received comments that the camera work is a little shaky, but that's about it

Second Solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W9CbLJ-21c
    received comments that i need to give some time between my pushes and pops

so what do you guys think? should i keep doing these or just give up? lol

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

I watched the 2nd one and I thought it was good.

Noseblunt over the river in hawaii, I hate you.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

yeah, second solo was pretty good.

watched the second one as well
    you had a double crouch in true switch i think which is janky, on your double clips you faded out or something, kinda separates the 2 clips to much. Nothing to over the top which is good and bad. Overall pretty good though, don't stop believing!
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Amateur Flucker

dude that noseblunt took FOREVER, and thanks for the editing comments signguy, these two videos are the ONLY video editing i've ever really done so i'm tryin to figure it out. what exactly do you mean about the over the top comment? just no tricks that really stood out?

Amateur Flucker

oh and the double crouch was an accident but the line was pretty good so i couldn't pass it up haha

yeah the comment, usually i dont make comments like that, i'd just say "looks good" or "that trick at xxx was cool" but it seems your open to advice so i gave it. There are guys with your stuff everywhere, and if your cool with that, awesome. But if you want to stand out you need things that stand out. Filming, style, trick selection are a few things. Over the top things also work great, not backflips and shit, but its obvious you aren't going to go that direction. But either really dramatic hard to pull off but slightly unrealistic stuff, or stuff that nobody else does.

welcome to fluckit
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Amateur Flucker

yeah dude, i didn't think you were being a dick or anything, and i appreciate your feedback. i'm just trying to get better at the solo thing so maybe i can actually get in on some of these ridiculous full lengths that dp, hoodlum and everyone else does. i would love to get recruited by someone like that. once again, thanks for the feedback

editing is decent..
    cams are decent...
    tricks are decent..

you just need more work time..
    get more comfortable...

dont worry too much about the team bullshit...

make solos your happy with first...
    while i love 54...
    i still make stuff to make me happy...
    its my time...
    it just so happens they enjoy it sometimes...
    which is a plus cause i dont wanna get roped off my own shit...(not possible)

box or 3?...

Amateur Flucker

i mean i am very pleased with the way the 2nd one turned out, and i was pleased with the first one too, i just spent more time on the 2nd one. i'm glad to see that someone like you thinks my stuff is decent, i've been watching your vids for a long time demz. and i mean i'm not worried about the team stuff, i have tons of fun without it, i just think it could open a lot of doors (graphics, parks, etc). and as much as i love my playstation 3, i regret to admit that i play on it, since it seems like all the badass parks are made on the xbox lol

if the box numbers werent like 10:3 id be on mine also...

switch over homie..

too much shit on the box....

Amateur Flucker

i used to have the box and just got tired of it so i got rid of it for a ps3, and i'm so happy with my playstation (regardless of skate content) that there's no way i could change back man. not only would i not want to, i just simply can't afford it hahaha, being a broke college kid and all

i liked :20 and 2:26 ..also the gaps you had were cool....talking about the 2nd solo

Amateur Flucker

appreciate the feedback red, glad you like my solo

First was pretty good, had a few bangers that raised my eyebrows. Jerky camera movements really put me off though.

Second was a massive improvement over the first: better camera work, more variety and a better all around feel. The ender was a bit of a anticlimax but that's just me nit picking.

Overall solid and I can see much potential.

Amateur Flucker

yeah i received comments on the first that the camera was shaky so with the second one that was pretty much my main concern, just outta curiousity, what were the bangers in the first one that raised your eyebrows?

Quote Originally Posted by MC_BTay View Post
    yeah i received comments on the first that the camera was shaky so with the second one that was pretty much my main concern.
    you remind me of someone..

..but, yeah, huge improvement from the 1st to the second, so theres definitely something there. Good trick selection and style.

Amateur Flucker

i remind you of someone? and appreciate the feedback man, workin on solo 3 now, trying to get some more difficult tricks in there, more tricks that stand out

Banned

Wow, second angles and stuff in a second solo.

Editing was pretty good too.

I think your camera angles could use some work but I trust it'll get better eventually.

Amateur Flucker

any tips on my camera angles? like what should i do differently?

Banned

Mostly the long lens shots, they were kinda dead. Maybe try to get closer and pan a bit.

Don't forget you can also use the glitch to go over 75mm

Amateur Flucker

so my close shots are pretty good for the most part? i should just try to make the long shots pan instead of being static?

That Guy

Yeah I think your close shots were good for the most parts. The only way they can get better is u getting even mroe used to the camera you were using .

And yeah, I'd experiment a bit with the long lens shots. They weren't as intense as your close shots.

Amateur Flucker

lol @ random dude with one post, however as i said i was working on my 3rd solo, i'm trying to take more long shots to see what i can come up with

Serg The 45kal

lovin the 2nd one more than the 1st one, ur filmin is good and the selection of tricks and spots are good as well, i would keep doin my thang. i'm new to this site becuz im pretty much fed up with how gamers/skaters get their replys at skate.ea.com, but for the most part keep it up, we all are gettin better at this plus it's only a game even though i like watchin vids that with more realism than the ones with ridiculous tricks that not even a real life pro skater coulnt do. holla back

Amateur Flucker

appreciate the feedback dude, and yeah i moved here cause the EA forums are a mess, this place is so much fucking better. i actually got some constructive criticism about my video where as the EA forums i got like 4 comments on BOTH videos.

Serg The 45kal

Quote Originally Posted by MC_BTay View Post
    appreciate the feedback dude, and yeah i moved here cause the EA forums are a mess, this place is so much fucking better. i actually got some constructive criticism about my video where as the EA forums i got like 4 comments on BOTH videos.
    guess that's tellin me i should go ahead and post my videos up then, i think imma do that. thanks

Amateur Flucker

you may as well, i got WAY more feedback here, not only was it feedback, but it was useful feedback

Stopped Pushing Mongo queencityskater's Avatar

great job man
    GT is [AlienLURKshop] ADD IT

[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/nailsu2?feature=mhum[/]

Primary - noFuture
    secondary - (N/A)