Thread: Blue Skies - Fourth Solo

Default Blue Skies - Fourth Solo

This being my fourth solo, I was going for a more realistic approach this time around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdG4h6HQR4E

Song: Mr. Blue Sky - ELO

Banned

Great Vid! Not as realistic as I had assumed, but still good.

Also, what's you're stance? If you're gonna do switch tricks, go into fakie, but nollie from there (example: going into fakie and nollie kf-ing makes it a switch kf) That way people who've played this game alot can recognize the nollie position and know when you're in switch.

This vid explains more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnyTWN46E2M

But just a suggestion, you play however you want to, you bought it
    Last edited by rockerboy1013; 08-21-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockerboy1013 View Post
    Great Vid! Not as realistic as I had assumed, but still good.

Also, what's you're stance? If you're gonna do switch tricks, go into fakie, but nollie from there (example: going into fakie and nollie kf-ing makes it a switch kf) That way people who've played this game alot can recognize the nollie position and know when you're in switch.

This vid explains more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnyTWN46E2M

But just a suggestion, you play however you want to, you bought it
    Could you explain this a bit further? I still don't understand why I should nollie from fakie... I don't skate, I BMX and we call backwards fakie so :S

I can see it's more realistic than the last one and scattered throughout there's some real sick stuff. You still have some stuff in there that is a bit out there but knowing you're a bmx'r actually makes some of your trick selection make more sense. At least to me. Regardless though, just keep skating how you like, it's entertaining.

What he's talking about is using "True Switch," which is a term we use for the game. There's no real BMX equivalent to Switch but I guess the closest would be spinning the opposite direction than the one you're most comfortable with. It looks a little different because it feels less natural. That's what Switch is for skaters. So the technique he's suggesting makes your characters Switch stance look a little more like the real thing. You already know the basics of it though, you use it in your opening line at 0:15.

Anywho.. pardon the wall of text. It was a cool vid though. Keep putting more out, it's good to see how people skate who view everything from a different perspective.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    I can see it's more realistic than the last one and scattered throughout there's some real sick stuff. You still have some stuff in there that is a bit out there but knowing you're a bmx'r actually makes some of your trick selection make more sense. At least to me. Regardless though, just keep skating how you like, it's entertaining.

What he's talking about is using "True Switch," which is a term we use for the game. There's no real BMX equivalent to Switch but I guess the closest would be spinning the opposite direction than the one you're most comfortable with. It looks a little different because it feels less natural. That's what Switch is for skaters. So the technique he's suggesting makes your characters Switch stance look a little more like the real thing. You already know the basics of it though, you use it in your opening line at 0:15.

Anywho.. pardon the wall of text. It was a cool vid though. Keep putting more out, it's good to see how people skate who view everything from a different perspective.
    Cheers, I've already got a new video in the works so I'll definitely take this into mind when filming.