Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emerica Stay Gold

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    I don't know what it is, but i don't feel blessed after watching this. I miss the feeling of wow, now i wanna go out and skate. The video surely is good, but it doesn't get anywhere near to blow my mind. Honestly most parts gave me a hard time watching em, or try to keep the motivation to sit this out for the lenght of the video. maybe its the loss of new stuff (romero did handrails up, that was something new, at least for me), they surely did hard stuff but its all machinery, like bam, bam, bam and again. i miss the soul in skateboardvideos, nowadays its just bangers and go über-big. funny part is, that if you'd do some of the tricks done in the video in skate, there would be enough people to say "c'mon that's so unrealistic".
    i totally gotta agree with schnavolda, on the fall in love side!

there've been 3 parts i actually like: reynolds, hsu and romero and all i remeber of those parts are the intro and banger of reynolds, hsu riding all switch and romero grinding up a 11 stair rail...

for 5-6 years in the making the repitition of spots is just lame. from the spots it looks like it was filmed on a 2-3 week tour.

if i may have offended anyone, i'm sorry but this is my opinion
    Right?
    Agreed..
    Last time I got hyped was when I saw ol' Lance Mountain rip that pool.

Gonna bay the dvd later today, just to see Heath's part. and maybe the Boss extra's
    I got like 3 of his parts on my phone right now that I watch on a regular basis before playing for inspiration. - TheBullet

demz, i'm totally with you on everything you said. maybe a lot of skater's aren't "hungry" anymore, but skateboarding is at a point, where improvement is really hard. sure, you can flip in/out of everything and do dub grinds like tpuds, but in the end, it's boring. like falling said, it's like watching machines. maybe i'm just too old, i don't know.

maybe the people doing the videos should think more about how to try to stand out from the rest. the longer/higher/faster-approach is so over-saturated. lately, i enjoy watching european videos like the blueprint "make friends with the color blue" or adidas "diagonal" ten times more. all the us videos have the same spots. no wonder stuff is repetitive if you see in for years straight in every video. the european videos offer a lot more diversity because you don't see the spots in every video.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Blazing a Trail

Spoiler....

kirchart part
    here

everytime i watch a part from him, im like : does he feel fear ?
    Last edited by Slamooh; 09-02-2010 at 09:00 AM.

i fukking love heath

Blazing a Trail

damn its already removed
    Last edited by Slamooh; 09-03-2010 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    damn its already remove
    i blame france

Ordered the Deluxe Edition. Want Heath's part on my HD tv with easy instant replay.

despite the lukewarm reviews from people I completely respect, I will watch the crap out of this. Too many good skaters.

If someone finds another Heath link . . . post it. My eyes are hungry.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/dm5nFJb this should be heath
    I got like 3 of his parts on my phone right now that I watch on a regular basis before playing for inspiration. - TheBullet

Ordered the Deluxe Edition. Want Heath's part on my HD tv with easy instant replay.

despite the lukewarm reviews from people I completely respect, I will watch the crap out of this. Too many good skaters.

Yeah; I dont know why everyone is so hung up on this video--the skating is jaw-droppingly amazing. In my opinion, a lot of people are being too critical, complaining about the lack of spot variety; welcome to skateboarding in 2010. Romero=SOTY

Blazing a Trail

yeah the skating is really amazing, no doubt and when you consider huge stuff this video is definitely one of the bests but...
    last night i watched some baker 3 / has a deathwish / this is skateboarding parts to refresh my memory
    it looks like some of those dudes are skating the same spots for 7-8 years now and imo this is kinda lame. they are travelling around the world but end up hitting the same spots over and over again...just doing better tricks (sometimes the same trick but cleaner)... you can find good looking stair sets all over the world but no.
    it looks like in most indepedent videos and european videos, the skating is not that crazy but its way more creative when it comes to spots and tricks IMO.
    I agree its a matter of taste and maybe i m wrong and im still amazed by what they are doing, this is technically amazing...but "artistically" its not that good
    Last edited by Slamooh; 09-03-2010 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    this is technically amazing...but "artistically" its not that good
    what the baguette said

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

i was a little disappoint in heaths section. Skating was sick, dont get me wrong, but it just felt boring and slow, like a credits section more than a skating section.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

Personally I was a little disappointed but whatever, songs weren't for me but westgate and the boss killed. I can't stand to look at braydon.

Re-uploading the video on megaupload, mediafire, rapidshare, etc.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

I get it. I finally understand the criticisim. It's the music. Their selection of music is so bland, so repetetive, so uninspired that the skating is significantly down graded because of it. I felt like Tawncowny's part especially suffered because of a pure shit song. Also, Herman's song sucks balls. I mean, jesus, Hippie drone or Hippie Jam music a'la Phish, no. Just NO.

The skating, however, I was not disappointed. Not at all.

Heath's part was short but every trick was Monster.

Herman's part was decidedly lazy. I fee like he's trying to emulate Tom Penny more than anything, but a Nollie Inward Heel over a picnic table from flat is kind of mind blowing.

Suski's part was really quirky, almost eccentric, way different from the rest of the team.

Preston and Provost where the only parts that I probably wont watch again.

Westgate has Penny's ease + Hufnagel's pop + Busenitz speed. I can't get enough of that kid. So good.

Romero's part is so good it's fucked up. I don't know how he skates the way he does. I actually think his part is the most dangerous part I've ever seen. The gap to crooks that he does during the intro section on the double set is jaw dropping. Romero deserves to get paid like a king. No question about it.

Reynolds. In the extras section there's part called "Reynolds and the madness" It shows him doing the same tricks over and over and over and over again until they are perfect. One trick, fakie heel noseslide, he does maybe 30 times. The varial heel he does at Hollywood High, he lands it six or seven times, but keeps sliding into the fence, so he comes back until he lands it, no hands down on the ground, and rolls perfectly past the fence. You have to see it to believe it. It puts his part in perspective. He a obsessive compulsive perfectionist and he can land tricks that anyone else would break themselves over maybe 20 or 30 times.

I could write a small novel about this. Overall, I'm only disappointed in the music. Worst music in any big budget skate video I've ever heard, but the skating will not likely get old any time soon, especially Westgate, Romero, and Reynolds.
    Last edited by Jack; 09-03-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Horsehead

I think Herman's lunch table section can be partially explained by a quick tweet and response I had with Nigel Alexander (P Rod's main filmer, brother-in-law, and best friend).

@nigelalexander7 I remember you saying Paul wanted to bring school tables back, years ago. Think Herman might have done it with his part?
    http://twitter.com/Jest118/status/22600729439

@Jest118 Yeah dude he fucked those tables up !!!!!!!
    http://twitter.com/nigelalexander7/status/22635091771
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

School table montage in my next video?
    Maybe. :3
    GT: ZigZaggerr

reynolds is still going so big its unbelievable

Blazing a Trail

if one of you got a link for reynolds madness
    thanks in advance

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

once more to set my pov clear. the skateboarding that was shown in this video is technically perfect, bangers all over the place. but i'm sick of this, as i call em "trickrobots" because, it seems that there is no challange in what they're doing. come on if you watch reynolds it is like "ok there is this 20foot drop lets do a fsflip down there" bam, without even blinking, more like its just boring. i like to see the joy in someones faces after landing an amazing trick, but in this one its just, whatever, no big thing... this is not "happy skateboarding" this is plain boredom. for me atleast...

spots, i guess you kinda need to hit some particular spots to keep your reputation. but again what slammy says, stairs are all over the world.
    maybe my main thing to complain is the music, it definatly kills a lot of tricks in this one
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

after watch 10...

leo out to feebs ender....

BEASTmotherfuckingWARS....
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Demz. I think that Leo's part should have been the ender. It's suicidal. Reynolds part is astounding, but Leo's part made me scared. I felt like he was going to die on every single trick, and up 9 stair? There are no words for Leo.
    Horsehead

Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

Demz. I think that Leo's part should have been the ender. It's suicidal. Reynolds part is astounding, but Leo's part made me scared. I felt like he was going to die on every single trick, and up 9 stair? There are no words for Leo.
    Yeah, I also felt like that, that was high danger skateing. Nearly every trick had some pretty painful slam possibilities, still I think the boss deserved the last part, because those gaps do have some pain potential aswell and his style and perfection is nasty.

Jack I agree with you about the music choice...
    I did it all for the cookie

Hey Guys.

I have a stupid Idea.

Let's do a play by play review of Stay Gold and submit it to Thrasher.

We're all experienced with reviews, we do it for each other all the time.

We just have to split up the work, decide who want to review what part, compile it, and submit it.

Maybe there are even a few people here who work in the industry? Not sure about that.

Let me know what you think.
    Horsehead

Awful Awfuls!

Hey Guys.

I have a stupid Idea.

Let's do a play by play review of Stay Gold and submit it to Thrasher.

We're all experienced with reviews, we do it for each other all the time.

We just have to split up the work, decide who want to review what part, compile it, and submit it.

Maybe there are even a few people here who work in the industry? Not sure about that.

Let me know what you think.
    SOunds like a plan stan.... errr... jack

Quote Originally Posted by Anchors View Post
    Anders rips your throat out and uses it to wax his spots.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I take back what I said about Stay Gold..'
    Got some coffee this morning and watched it in one sitting..
    By the end of the film I realize I had gone through a range of emotions
    Scared for the first gnarly hill bombs
    Laughed at Jerry Hsu's whole part
    and Andrew's bangers had me in a near joyus cry..
    Not a hype film but def a good watch.. I enjoyed this shit.