Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emerica Stay Gold

Default Emerica Stay Gold

Last edited by nolan1053; 09-03-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

I'm guessing.
    It's really nice quality on my laptop.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

I don't come here often, but thank you nonetheless.

god bless you

Temporarily Unavailable. Might be getting taken down. ;/
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou

I've got to say . . . I'm buying this. I want it in the best definition possible on my television, and I want to support big budget skate videos. If we keep stealing and never buying, we might end up killing the industry we love. Look at what happened to the music industry after Napster? What was once a vibrant industry with more than enough money for brilliant independent bands to pop up all over the place, has become a hollowed out fuck hole where only cardboard cutouts celebutants can survive.

Emerica, above all other shoe companies, deserves your money.

rant over.
    Last edited by Jack; 08-30-2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

Don't Worry, Be Happy Cookiesupporter's Avatar

how fucking epic was that? best thing sinced Fully Flared, nothing in sight, that could beat this, except the Plan B video
    I did it all for the cookie

Blazing a Trail

its on top here
    Last edited by Slamooh; 08-30-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Holy.......uhm...........anybody else wanting to make a Reynolds shrine? Or a Romero shrine? Westgate? Szafranski? Tancowny? Figueroa? Or am I alone on that....
    EzPzLemnSqueezy http://www.youtube.com/user/EzPzLemnSqueezy Fuck

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

ef aye wash tis gain ten I no tinker moar. then sreepy teim 4evrr.

Amateur Flucker Jakeblueisballin's Avatar

This video was completely amazing. I really want to do a reynolds remake for some reason. It'd be SO sick.
    I survived the demo days

Jack, I fully agree. Although I already have seen it and shared it (tried to keep it fluckit exclusive) I'm still buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

i hear you jack, but in the end its nothing more than a glorified shoe commercial. i prefer not to pay for commercials.
    skatevideos have never been big sellers, and the pros dont buy their cars and houses from sold dvds, the money come from the shoes. this is an ad for shoes.
    if you want to support the pros, buy the shoes and the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    this is an ad for shoes.
    I agree; just buy some shoes instead--thats the main purpose of the video.

i thought emerica was just another name the stupid kids added to there gamertags to sound cool

only 3 or 4 parts in, fully flared kept me more entertained, but it seems real good none the less

I would of never bought a shoe or a video from these guys, but i still get what jacks sayin, i feel guilty everytime i send someone that dos video site link. a little at least
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    i hear you jack, but in the end its nothing more than a glorified shoe commercial. i prefer not to pay for commercials.
    skatevideos have never been big sellers, and the pros dont buy their cars and houses from sold dvds, the money come from the shoes. this is an ad for shoes.

Damn. I actually agree with you. Alright, even though I already bought this, I'm going to download it. I've been excited for months.

Damn. It is a glorified shoe commercial.

update: Oh that's fucking cute, I decide to download it and it's gone.

I guess I'll wait.
    Horsehead

Quote Originally Posted by slamooh View Post
    its on top here

jack here ^^^
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

All videos are commercials for their brand. But unlike traditional sports they're also the primary form of proof of performance.

It's the commercial AND the "big game" for these guys. A good video part can get these guys a Salary in addition to portions of profit from product sales. A bad part or lack of one can get you kicked.

Aside from that though, every purchase of product counts. Especially at a time where there's a growing pattern of buying "blank" products because they're cheaper in price.

/steps off my soapbox.

Don't mind the rantings of a crazy guy who used to work in the industry.

Amateur Flucker Jakeblueisballin's Avatar

Even if I downloaded it, I'll probably end up buying it to watch Heath Kircharts secret part, extras, and have it in super high quality to watch on a TV.
    I survived the demo days

i don't remember the last time I was this excited for a video, well maybe the last alien video.

With that being said, this video go pushed back almost 2 years, originally they told us it would come out spring of 2008.
    So, it's hard not to get overly hyped on seeing this. Westgate's part was amazing, loved it. Suski's part, also so awesome. Leo and Reynolds, both legend status, specially reynolds.

Aside from that, i was pretty dissapointed with this video. The spots made it almost feel like a baker 3 extras video. Same sets of stairs over and over again. Tons of parts were super weak, and had super weak enders. Music was pretty bad too. I love that kind of music, but it's like they picked all the bad songs in the genre and loosely tried to match it up with the music.

I'm ranting. It might just be me being bitter with life right now in gerenal that I'm taking it out on this video.

Reynolds noseslide bigspin should have been the ender.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    With diapers, baby clothes, and all this other stuff being added to my list of purchases soon, I just don't have 30 extra dollars to spend on a skate video.

Skateboarding has never been about monetary support, lots of awesome local videos are made on less. Skateboarding will always prevail, it's very adaptable.

If it got to the point where no one bought skate videos anymore (which it seems to be going that way). Companies will find a way to make money off of them again...

I heard Reynolds mention something about not wanting to put skate videos on the internet like every other company. That's cool and all, except they seem to want a profit off of this, in which case you're more likely to make money putting it on the internet for free and making money off of ads and individual user visits to the website it's on or downloaded from.

I've bought videos in the past, mostly on VHS back in the day, but that's just because there wasn't internet.

I may sound selfish... that's my opinion though and I really believe downloading videos on the DL is not going to harm Skateboarding. Shit... it might even help it.
    QFT
    And congrats on the kid

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    jack here ^^^
    SG . . . file not found and deleted.

any other links? Is Kirchart's part a disappointment? I don't see any Kirchart love.

Oh well. If Romero, Reynolds, and Westgate make it amazing then that's all I need.

Jake, did you say Kirchart has a secret part? God damn am I nerding out right now.

Jest, I'm all ears. What you're saying makes a lot of sense.

Stoke, congrats on the baby. The first year is so hard. Get as much sleep as you can possibly get from now until your child's birth. Stock up on it like a bear gorging on salmon before the winter.

Bullet . . . . crap, disappointed bullet means I'll probably be disappointed too.

Let me ask you this . . . does Reynolds part match up to his "This is Skateboarding" part or his Baker 3 part?
    Last edited by Jack; 08-30-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Horsehead

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    SG . . . file not found and deleted.

any other links? Is Kirchart's part a disappointment? I don't see any Kirchart love.

Oh well. If Romero, Reynolds, and Westgate make it amazing then that's all I need.

Jake, did you say Kirchart has a secret part? God damn am I nerding out right now.

Jest, I'm all ears. What you're saying makes a lot of sense.

Stoke, congrats on the baby. The first year is so hard. Get as much sleep as you can possibly get from now until your child's birth. Stock up on it like a bear gorging on salmon before the winter.

Bullet . . . . crap, disappointed bullet means I'll probably be disappointed too.

Let me ask you this . . . does Reynolds part match up to his "This is Skateboarding" part or his Baker 3 part?
    Kircharts part from what i hear is just a highlight reel of his career, so not much new to get excited about.
    And Reynolds' part in this is WAY better than his TIS or baker 3 parts in my opinion. Maybe it was just the song though, I love that song now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Jack. In the rip out there, Kircharts part is not included. I know a few guys who downloaded it legit from itunes and it wasn't there either. Apparently at the premiere his part played before the intro, and started off showing a bunch of his old footage, sort of like a best of Heath montage, and then ended in a 2 minute part that was really good, but pretty much everything has already shown up in magazines, so not many suprises.

Reynolds has the best part of the video, I'm gonna say it's on par with his "this is skateboarding" part.

I'm still going to buy this video when the "deluxe edition" comes out. Apparently deerman has a full part that'll be a dvd extra.

So far I've only watched the full video once, and the 4 parts I mentioned earlier twice. So maybe with another watch it'll grow on me a little more.

oh yeah, a few more mentions.

I've never liked that Justin Figuera kid, but his part was nuts too.

Jamie Towncowny and Marquise Preston also had a super good parts, but lackluster enders. I know a part shouldn't be judged by their enders, so maybe it's no biggie. But those guys should win awards for how stylish they catch their fliptricks.

Hsu's part was also a little disappointing, but anything compared to that enjoi part would seem a little bit of a let down. And apparently he was injured the whole time too.

i honestly don't know what to think about this video. it's the same with hallelujah somehow. i was so hyped up before and now it doesn't live up to it.

somehow it just doesn't click. there are skateboard videos i watch and immediately fall in love and i know i'll enjoy watching them every time from that point on. stay gold isn't one of them.

sure, some parts have really sick tricks but a lot of the stuff is so boring. like herman on that schoolyard. i can second what bullet said, the spots are really repetitive. they film for so many years and can't find some special spots? same goes with song selection.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

Quote Originally Posted by thebullet View Post
    deerman has a full part
    thats all i read

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    omg Reynolds part was amazing....
    Highlight - Tail late shuv.. 360 madness.

sure he had a short part
    but all of jerry's tricks were switch

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by thebullet View Post
    So, it's hard not to get overly hyped on seeing this. Westgate's part was amazing, loved it. Suski's part, also so awesome. Leo and Reynolds, both legend status, specially reynolds.

Aside from that, i was pretty dissapointed with this video. The spots made it almost feel like a baker 3 extras video. Same sets of stairs over and over again. Tons of parts were super weak, and had super weak enders. Music was pretty bad too. I love that kind of music, but it's like they picked all the bad songs in the genre and loosely tried to match it up with the music.

I'm ranting. It might just be me being bitter with life right now in gerenal that I'm taking it out on this video.

Reynolds noseslide bigspin should have been the ender.
    qft i do agree with this a lot
    romero just blew my mind
    westgate high speed part is super sick too
    reynolds does his job... clearing huge gaps with fucking stylish tricks
    Jamie Towncowny... damn this guy is super amazing too. shifty stuff, gnarly tricks all over the place,

but
    herman s part is a let down as i was looking forward to it... he got tricks and pop but come on 2/3 of the part is jumping over pic nic tables, are you fucking serious ? go find some decent spots
    on some parts i didnt really feel the edit and sometimes i was "ah ok this was the ender...."
    repetitive spots

Quote Originally Posted by paulgary View Post
    sure he had a short part
    but all of jerry's tricks were switch
    i forgot he was on emerica for a second (somehow my mind doesnt consider he fits the team) but i was stoked "oh damn there s a jerry hsu part in this". He did very well even if half the part was bails and shit (and sometimes the trick is not even in the actual skate part), the rest was switch tits.

sidenote about supporting skateboarding , im with eflix on this one. And i would add that if you want to support, you better buy shoes etc and especially independent videos and give money to newcomers. Big companies such as emerica make a lot of money and these proskaters earn big money and i dont know if they play fair game with the rest of the scene ie helping new kids get recognition (i may be wrong on this)

Im pretty sure you all want to support skateboarding rather than "the industry", same for music, i want to support artists not the industry behind it...
    Last edited by Slamooh; 09-01-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    but
    herman s part is a let down as i was looking forward to it... he got tricks and pop but come on 2/3 of the part is jumping over pic nic tables, are you fucking serious ? go find some decent spots
    Those are High School Lunch Tables and they're pretty hard to skate, and VERY hard to flip trick over from flat ground. I'm pretty sure that you're from an area that doesn't have those types of tables though, so it's understandable if you don't get that. Also.. the ease with which he skates them might also lead to the appearance that it's not an accomplishment but it's actually quite impressive.

Herman's part was neck and neck with Leo's part as the best part of the video in my opinion and the High School Lunch Table section was amazing.

Everyone has their own taste though, I just wanted to clarify that those tables are much harder to skate than you may think.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

My favorite-parts were Leo Romero and Jerry Hsu.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    Those are High School Lunch Tables and they're pretty hard to skate, and VERY hard to flip trick over from flat ground. I'm pretty sure that you're from an area that doesn't have those types of tables though, so it's understandable if you don't get that. Also.. the ease with which he skates them might also lead to the appearance that it's not an accomplishment but it's actually quite impressive.

Herman's part was neck and neck with Leo's part as the best part of the video in my opinion and the High School Lunch Table section was amazing.

Everyone has their own taste though, I just wanted to clarify that those tables are much harder to skate than you may think.
    i totally hear you dude, and thats why i said he got pop and tricks and i know tricks over these are really hard... i m amazed by his skills. i just felt like his part would be way better if he did those tricks on varied / street obstacles. its a full length not a "session at school", when i watch a fl im looking for tricks AND spots especially when its such a hyped video.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    i totally hear you dude, and thats why i said he got pop and tricks and i know tricks over these are really hard... i m amazed by his skills. i just felt like his part would be way better if he did those tricks on varied / street obstacles. its a full length not a "session at school", when i watch a fl im looking for tricks AND spots especially when its such a hyped video.
    Word. I understand what you mean.

hmmmm . . . . a picnic table part from Herm. could be kind of a tribute to the roots of street skating. A lot of 90's videos, especially 101/World Industries/Blind type videos had tons and tons of picnic table skating. Gino, Keenan, Daewon etc.

I'm actually intrigued by this. I mean, California picnic tables, that's the definition of an icon for street.

If I was an evil villain I'd be stroking my shitty little strip of chin hair right now and raising my left eyebrow.
    Horsehead

Amateur Flucker south650city420's Avatar

it was ok.....
    idk but they dont make skate vids like they used too....

i only watched it once so i dont remember everything that went down...

but i guess my fave part would be westgates part and reynolds....

i also liked hermans part....

ohh and reynold ender
    shit thats at UC davis....been there a few times over the years and i wouldnt even jump off that shit with my feet
    Jack: south does lines better than Paris Hilton

Minglin'

Westgate's and Herman's parts were my favorites. Westgate's got great style and I loved that picnic table section... insane pop

The rest of the vid was a bit boring to be honest. Sure there were tons of impressive bangers from the rest of the skaters, but I think it was a bit lacking in style/flow... Maybe it's those damn tights that cause it but I think everybody apart from those 2 looked really stiff and/or out of control.

Probably just me that cares about stuff like that tho...

im underwhelmed...

reynolds part was not on par with "tis" or his b3 part..
    not by a long shot....
    hurts to say cause ive loved the dude since he was 14....
    retarded...

the one thing that i dont agree with, with most production these days is the constant one track theme....
    unfortunately this go it wasnt the style of edit it was the repetition of runs to double angles ON TOP of 2 min parts...
    3 years to film isnt 2 min...
    2 peeves right on top of each other...

hermans part is ok...
    but by his skill, age, and ability its about as lazy as a stoner hes become could get...

leo...
    possibly the best part...
    his tricks arent too crazy yet there always a bit over the standard for himself..
    and i can see that when he skates...
    it is a struggle....
    even if hes a generally smooth skater....
    dude is the last of dieing breed of skaters that actually want to push them selfs...

Jamie Towncowny...
    kick smiths..
    wallie hurry full out....
    most effort from anybodies part..
    besides maybe Marquise Preston...
    impressed with both to say the least...

jerrys part...
    so excited...
    but at a 2 min part and 1 mins worth of bails you have to wonder as to why they even edited it in the first place...
    its an insult to jerrys hard work..
    and insult to the editor..
    and for emerica its just bad business to ok for the public...
    so far beyond disappointed...
    even though every trick was fire...

brayden...
    like ellington in "tis"..
    stole the fucking show...
    felt like a part..
    everything was well rounded...
    ender was beast as is...
    and it was the least of the parts to make me watch the same trick twice...

i miss the days of one camera...

all in all..
    underwhelming...

no slomo drama parts...
    no double parts...
    one theme technique....so much room for more...

my assumption is that the baker boys have something special for there next baker parts...
    those guys never slack for the board co and id like to keep some hope for b4...

it would be stupid for me to assume reynolds part was going to be amazing..
    he getting older and he tries to stay comfortable...
    thats fine...

brayden won...
    leo showed his growth......
    reynolds made a decent part...
    the ams busted ass...
    spanky could have been better..
    herman could have been better..
    hsu injuries made the worst part...
    westgate goes fast on bigger things, big woop, welcome back to 98....

underwhelmed..
    and i feel like a dick for saying it...

business wise...
    i cant warrant a purchase without some flavor...
    with the time spent..
    tricks accomplished..
    il just stick to my reynolds shoes....
    rip reynolds 1..remakes..and the boss remakes...
    2s are ok but for the most part emericas shoes by style and design have changed so much since its beginning this film almost seems like a "i miss you" to its original idea and image...
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Liiiink???
    Hoodlum Family All Rights Reserved ™ ® & Copyright © 2007-2012
    "dude i didn't go hard on this video thats what my welcome is gonna be" -RaginWarHero

Fluckin' Hatchling

Westgate and Romero took the cake for me.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

I don't know what it is, but i don't feel blessed after watching this. I miss the feeling of wow, now i wanna go out and skate. The video surely is good, but it doesn't get anywhere near to blow my mind. Honestly most parts gave me a hard time watching em, or try to keep the motivation to sit this out for the lenght of the video. maybe its the loss of new stuff (romero did handrails up, that was something new, at least for me), they surely did hard stuff but its all machinery, like bam, bam, bam and again. i miss the soul in skateboardvideos, nowadays its just bangers and go über-big. funny part is, that if you'd do some of the tricks done in the video in skate, there would be enough people to say "c'mon that's so unrealistic".
    i totally gotta agree with schnavolda, on the fall in love side!

there've been 3 parts i actually like: reynolds, hsu and romero and all i remeber of those parts are the intro and banger of reynolds, hsu riding all switch and romero grinding up a 11 stair rail...

for 5-6 years in the making the repitition of spots is just lame. from the spots it looks like it was filmed on a 2-3 week tour.

if i may have offended anyone, i'm sorry but this is my opinion
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST