Thread: Emerica Stay Gold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

i was a little disappoint in heaths section. Skating was sick, dont get me wrong, but it just felt boring and slow, like a credits section more than a skating section.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

Personally I was a little disappointed but whatever, songs weren't for me but westgate and the boss killed. I can't stand to look at braydon.

Re-uploading the video on megaupload, mediafire, rapidshare, etc.
    GT: ZigZaggerr

I get it. I finally understand the criticisim. It's the music. Their selection of music is so bland, so repetetive, so uninspired that the skating is significantly down graded because of it. I felt like Tawncowny's part especially suffered because of a pure shit song. Also, Herman's song sucks balls. I mean, jesus, Hippie drone or Hippie Jam music a'la Phish, no. Just NO.

The skating, however, I was not disappointed. Not at all.

Heath's part was short but every trick was Monster.

Herman's part was decidedly lazy. I fee like he's trying to emulate Tom Penny more than anything, but a Nollie Inward Heel over a picnic table from flat is kind of mind blowing.

Suski's part was really quirky, almost eccentric, way different from the rest of the team.

Preston and Provost where the only parts that I probably wont watch again.

Westgate has Penny's ease + Hufnagel's pop + Busenitz speed. I can't get enough of that kid. So good.

Romero's part is so good it's fucked up. I don't know how he skates the way he does. I actually think his part is the most dangerous part I've ever seen. The gap to crooks that he does during the intro section on the double set is jaw dropping. Romero deserves to get paid like a king. No question about it.

Reynolds. In the extras section there's part called "Reynolds and the madness" It shows him doing the same tricks over and over and over and over again until they are perfect. One trick, fakie heel noseslide, he does maybe 30 times. The varial heel he does at Hollywood High, he lands it six or seven times, but keeps sliding into the fence, so he comes back until he lands it, no hands down on the ground, and rolls perfectly past the fence. You have to see it to believe it. It puts his part in perspective. He a obsessive compulsive perfectionist and he can land tricks that anyone else would break themselves over maybe 20 or 30 times.

I could write a small novel about this. Overall, I'm only disappointed in the music. Worst music in any big budget skate video I've ever heard, but the skating will not likely get old any time soon, especially Westgate, Romero, and Reynolds.
    Last edited by Jack; 09-03-2010 at 11:28 PM.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

I think Herman's lunch table section can be partially explained by a quick tweet and response I had with Nigel Alexander (P Rod's main filmer, brother-in-law, and best friend).

@nigelalexander7 I remember you saying Paul wanted to bring school tables back, years ago. Think Herman might have done it with his part?
    http://twitter.com/Jest118/status/22600729439

@Jest118 Yeah dude he fucked those tables up !!!!!!!
    http://twitter.com/nigelalexander7/status/22635091771
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou