Thread: Forum Signature Request Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any way you could make the skater a little more visible, like in your own?
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

XBL
    TheDietTea

Sorry having trouble with the theme.. like I said I would try..

You can completely ditch the theme then, just have fun with it and try to make it work

XBL
    TheDietTea

So you didn't like that one..
    nuff said.. I'll pm you the next one.

you're just using a lot of brushes you downloaded, right? because some of the streaking in the background looks like it could be someone else's art, but i do know that people will make these things available through download, which is why i'm asking before i curse at you for stealing. i'm sorry if this sounds dickish, it's just the only way i know to be.

if you want an easy way to have the guy blend better with the effects and his background duplicate the skater image and cut-out the render of the skater. thus, leaving you with the original bg that still has the skater should you have a mis-hap when it comes to the cut-out.. and your bg so you can incorporate your graphics more. this honestly looks like a hot mess of a bunch of jumbled ideas you had. also, do you know about masking layers? can work wonders for texturing your font or a certain aspect of the image.

XBL
    TheDietTea

A c4d and some text I found yeah.. mainly effects and gradients within layers.
    Hardly any brushing really.. you would be surprised
    Stealing from multiple places is research.. especially when it's free for use.
    You didn't photograph the girl in your signature did you?
    I'm trying to do things no one does and make it look good.. I'll get there.

no, but the website i got it from was a stock website and that is the reason stock photos are the only things i make sure i use in my art. everything else aside from the font it's self isn't made by me. and no, taking images from multiple website's isn't research.. it's stealing. looking at art from books and websites while you make art and do other shit is research, USING their art is stealing. especially if you get it from places like deivnatart and depthcore or rasterized where the art is COPYRIGHTED and taking things from the graphic community in general is looked at with disgust, and i too share these feelings.

XBL
    TheDietTea

You make sure it's a stock?
    Do you make graphics for a living I sure don't..
    The image was free for use
    this is non-profit.
    even if the image HAD been copyrighted it's very unlikely I'd be sued for something non-profit.
    unlawful unshmawful I know my rights.

Starting to regret posting in here

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    You make sure it's a stock?
    Do you make graphics for a living I sure don't..
    The image was free for use
    this is non-profit.
    even if the image HAD been copyrighted it's very unlikely I'd be sued for something non-profit.
    unlawful unshmawful I know my rights.
    no, while i don't do graphics for a living.. that sure doesn't stop me from trying.
    and yes, i checked the website and even the website allowed the option for the images to be copyrighted, which plenty of people made good use of.
    and my main thing about not using other people's art is just.. it's wrong. been doing graphics for 10 years and the ONE time i did it when i was 14 i regretted it immediately and decided that working my ass off to get the effect i want was a lot more rewarding than a simple copy+paste.
    all in all, you said you didn't take anything so there is no foul.

BUT, back to the graphic.. i would honestly make the image of the skater bigger, it will help you fill space and also try the cut-out method i spoke of earlier, it will help you work the graphics through the image while leaving the main render of the skater in tact. hell, you could even Overlay the render layer or something similar after you get the main effect you want. something else is go to deviantart and check out photoshop actions, it helps finish up the images if you want to try something different

*edit, i was trying to be nice until i saw your post about me being a hater. i ain't no fucking hater and if you have a problem with me having a problem with people stealing other's art then you can go fuck yourself because i'll be damned if i'll loose any sleep over what some dumbass who thinks it's research to take something not yours because you can't put in the work to do your own shit, - thinks about me.
    Last edited by GOODJELLY; 04-04-2011 at 02:05 PM.