PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

fishy: 12-14
    normal 35-50
    wide: 150-250
    i just take what looks best imo
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

i film in 8

fish: 14mm
    long: between 75 and 130ish. i rarely go higher.
    i never use anything inbetween.

lines= 15-16. I try to get as close and low as possible while keeping the whole guy in frame. A lot of times, when the line starts with a gap or handrail or something I start at the bottom or middle of the stairs with my camera zoomed in to about 100 and then zoom out to 15 for when he lands, only cause I don't like doing the owl cam thing over stairs/gaps. I don't mind it when other people do it, but I just don't like doing it myself. I do the same thing in reverse when the line ends with a gap/rail

long= 230-500 I used to try and do what demz did and move the camera around to keep my guy always in frame and have depth and all that, but lately i haven't been trying that as much, and kinda like it when you just see from the knees down. I have always felt that long lens has been my biggest weakness and still haven't really figured out any formula that I'm 100% happy with.

I do agree with Demz that Anchors wins when it comes to long lens. I still don't know how he makes everything look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Permy View Post
    i film in 8
    yeah u do jerkoffassfaceshark..
    love u.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Quote Originally Posted by thebullet View Post
    lines= 15-16. I try to get as close and low as possible while keeping the whole guy in frame. A lot of times, when the line starts with a gap or handrail or something I start at the bottom or middle of the stairs with my camera zoomed in to about 100 and then zoom out to 15 for when he lands, only cause I don't like doing the owl cam thing over stairs/gaps. I don't mind it when other people do it, but I just don't like doing it myself. I do the same thing in reverse when the line ends with a gap/rail

long= 230-500 I used to try and do what demz did and move the camera around to keep my guy always in frame and have depth and all that, but lately i haven't been trying that as much, and kinda like it when you just see from the knees down. I have always felt that long lens has been my biggest weakness and still haven't really figured out any formula that I'm 100% happy with.

I do agree with Demz that Anchors wins when it comes to long lens. I still don't know how he makes everything look so good.
    YEAH
    SO ALL YALL NIGGAS SAYIN I FILM LIKE BULLET, fuck yall, i hella owl cam that shit up.
    MUTHAFUCKAS

Quote Originally Posted by Skatehead View Post
    yeah u do jerkoffassfaceshark..
    love u.
    llove you 2 <3

i also started filming in 360, aka 1mm it's hecka amazing

a healthy dose of 10 mm, low, obviously, if it's a really good trick I'll get the cams in a semi straight line and put the skater right dead in the center so I have the whole trick in frame and then I'll go back marker by marker and tweak the pan without physically moving the position of the filmer, until the hands, feet, legs, and board fill the corners of the screen, especially on filthy landings.

I've also been filming in 13 mm recently, less distortion than 10 but almost all the same benefits.

180 for stationary cams with full depth of field, and about 110 for moving long lens cams, with the occasional 300 mm cam when I get bored, but 300 can be really finicky.
    Occasionally I use a "zoom drop cam" ( I have no idea what to call this because I don't film in real life) Usually a Zoom Out, I usually move the camera from a birds eye view straight to the ground starting with maybe 180 mm all the way 10 mm on the landing.
    Last edited by Jack; 09-17-2010 at 09:32 AM.
    Horsehead
    "like a gnarly dog on PCP with gold teeth biting your face."

YEAH
    SO ALL YALL NIGGAS SAYIN I FILM LIKE BULLET, fuck yall, i hella owl cam that shit up.
    MUTHAFUCKAS

I know right? What the hell was up with all that?

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Quote Originally Posted by thebullet View Post
    I know right? What the hell was up with all that?
    you know how a lot of people insinuate, or at least a lot of people say a lot people insinuate that "realistic skaters" film the same.
    i believe the tides have turned
    NOW everyone thinks i film the same as you
    I SIR
    film terribly
    YOU SIR are a fakeskate cinematographer

WESTSIDE TIL WE DIE.

I think I film in the highest mm out of anyone here lol....18 for me. perm already scolded me for it.
    knex: in some case even, you're like a 74y old drunk with a rough childhood

Catface- Compound- Stingray- Moustache

YEAH
    MUTHAFUCKAS
    isn't it just one guy who says that? that one guy who has his head up to his toenails in in n outs bumhole, but still complains about everything? blah is a copy of blah etc. and all because his penis grows towards the inside.
    sad.

Banned

I throw my camera man down stairs sets I don't give a fuck either I pay his health insurance...

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

i throw my camerman up stairs

EAST SIDE SHIT NIGGA?!!
    YES!